Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2020, 06:31 AM

492 posts, read 235,230 times

Advertisements

Pro_3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2020, 06:43 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,601,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Nah...I think this thread has run its course, I’m done. Won’t accomplish anything by continuing here.
two small bubbles touching seem to be just going round and round. Neither bubbe understanding the other bubble.

Old 01-31-2020, 07:19 AM

16,807 posts, read 5,005,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDABaptist View Post
Pro_3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Proverbs 14:15
The simple giveth credence to everything, And the prudent attendeth to his step.

Old 01-31-2020, 08:53 AM

102,233 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Nah...I think this thread has run its course, I’m done. Won’t accomplish anything by continuing here.
How convenient. Just when things get interesting, you quit. I'm still interested in how you define "anti-Jesus", and why you define it as you do.

Old 01-31-2020, 08:53 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,353,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
God had always manifested & taken me to Heaven to teach me things when i was a child. It was always something God did that i had no control over. Then when i was older i read a book that said if you clear your mind completely during meditation then the spiritual people can give you messages. So i did what it said & !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked. The Spiritual Angels started pouring vast amounts of spiritual knowledge into my mind & communicating actively with me. It was the most amazing thing & they kept showing me the future to prove they were genuine. Everything they said came true. And so i spent every spare moment meditating & learning about them. It was God's Angels & God Himself.

So that is how absolutely simple it was to meet God. Of course God started manifesting solidly at times as well. But initially there was just pure communication from God & it is like speaking to a person who is millions of times wiser than a mortal. It will bring you to tears when it happens to you & you experience God's love for you.

Don't take my word for it of course. Just meet God for yourself & then you will know i am true. There's no point in mindlessly obeying religions or reading scriptures about people who met God. Meet God for yourself & you will know far more than is written anywhere on the planet.
Since you and God are such close personal buddies, you seem the perfect choice to answer a particularly important question about God.

Is God omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent?

Wikipedia
Omnipotence
Omnipotence is the quality of having unlimited power. Monotheistic religions generally attribute omnipotence to only the deity of their faith.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence

Wikipedia
Omniscience
Omniscience (/ɒmˈnɪʃəns/)[1] is the capacity to know everything. In monotheistic religions, such as Sikhism and the Abrahamic religions, this is an attribute of God.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omniscience

Wikipedia
Omnipresence
Omnipresence or ubiquity is the property of being present everywhere. The term omnipresence is most often used in a religious context as an attribute of a deity or supreme being, while the term ubiquity is generally used to describe something "existing or being everywhere at the same time, constantly encountered, widespread, common.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipresence

OR:

Does God sometimes make mistakes and fail to achieve His intentions?

Old 01-31-2020, 08:59 AM

102,233 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Not what I mean. Yes, throughout history, there have been those that identify as Christian that have done some really really really horrible things. They are, after all, human beings, fully capable of sin.

Do you realize the context of that? How does a Jew's prayers reach God? The OT presents the idea of one going through a priest --and the sacrifice that a priest makes in the temple. No temple=no sacrifice. Jesus is called the lamb of God for the fact that he is that sacrifice. We can go through HIM to reach God. So, his statement is in alignment with the Bible. So yes, just as your Torah calls you and your people the chosen people of God, the Bible also states that we are chosen in Jesus.

Now, I realize that there are exceptions to that--as throughout the OT, we read of Jews praying directly to God, such as Elijah and the prophets, along with Daniel in exile in Babylon, and many many more. So, his statement was irresponsible, sensational, insensitive. I get that.

Jesus is God. If one is anti-Jesus, then one is anti-God. Because they are one and the same. I don't mean to suggest you're a horrible person. You seem like a very nice person. So let's not assume the worst in my statement.
OK, I had to dig around, but I found this. If one goes through Jesus to reach God, then Jesus isn't God, right? He's a path by which to reach God.

I've never heard that Jesus and God are one and the same. Is that a belief peculiar to Baptists? Isn't he usually said to be the Son of God? So Jesus and God are not the same thing; God is the Father, and Jesus is his Son (according to scripture). That doesn't necessarily mean Jesus isn't Divine; it just means that God and Jesus are two separate, distinct entities.

This still doesn't explain what your definition is of anti-Jesus. It's possible to love Jesus, while not believing he's Divine, and especially while not believing he and God are one and the same.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-31-2020 at 10:03 AM..

Old 01-31-2020, 09:01 AM

50,901 posts, read 24,404,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Since you and God are such close personal buddies, you seem the perfect choice to answer a particularly important question about God.

Wikipedia
Omnipotence
Omnipotence is the quality of having unlimited power. Monotheistic religions generally attribute omnipotence to only the deity of their faith.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence

Wikipedia
Omniscience
Omniscience (/ɒmˈnɪʃəns/)[1] is the capacity to know everything. In monotheistic religions, such as Sikhism and the Abrahamic religions, this is an attribute of God.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omniscience

Wikipedia
Omnipresence
Omnipresence or ubiquity is the property of being present everywhere. The term omnipresence is most often used in a religious context as an attribute of a deity or supreme being, while the term ubiquity is generally used to describe something "existing or being everywhere at the same time, constantly encountered, widespread, common.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipresence

OR:

Well, we do know one thing. Based on this forum, the messengers he chooses are certainly a big fail.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:11 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,412,204 times
Without going back to ck was it not BapFundie that talked about 'if you're anti Christianity you are anti-God...
Which would be pointing directly to our Jewish friends.
Wasn't it him (or was it someone else) that said their prayers are not heard by G-d?
Need help with my memory.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:18 AM

16,706 posts, read 15,701,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Without going back to ck was it not BapFundie that talked about 'if you're anti Christianity you are anti-God...
Which would be pointing directly to our Jewish friends.
Wasn't it him (or was it someone else) that said their prayers are not heard by G-d?
Need help with my memory.
Your memory is fine.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:29 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,412,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Since you and God are such close personal buddies,
you seem the perfect choice to answer a particularly important question about God.
OR:
Sorry, I didn't get the correlation.
BUT, , since God and I are close personal buddies - could I answer?
Simple yes to the 1st.

The second ques: We ALL know He made the mistake with the avocado pit - I personally think He was WAY excessive
with cacti and pineapples...the persimmons, well...c'mon.

Now -one would truly, truly need to know and understand the mind and heart of this
Amazing Being to answer if His intentions are being achieved---it is an active eternal process.

Since we are buddies, by His grace, I can say He is not failing in any way at all.
(Keeping in mind He loves Epic Drama and Comedies and Tragedies, Victories and Triumphs,
Heartbreak, Agony and Ecstasy, Separation and Union and finally....(((drumroll)))... Mr. Paradox,
the Cosmic Shape-shifter
loves the Awakening, aka -Realization...His final intention.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality