Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2008, 04:05 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,801,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr jack View Post
you should have better names for your parents....
And...my mother wears combat boots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 06:33 AM

7,628 posts, read 11,000,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
C'mon.. the OT making scientific calculations that have only just been proven true by modern science.. what absolute rubbish! There are zero predictions of future scientific formula's, calculations, or technologies that were not historic at the time of writing.

As for the 'beliefs' held by prominent historic figures.. thats absolutely true, but their beliefs don't prove a thing, or were instrumental in their findings. I find it hard to believe that there are any actions or discoveries made by anyone in history that could not have been achieved without their religious beliefs.
Jerusalems East Gate prophecy was made about 2600 years ago, yet the prpophecy is being fulfilled by non believers in the Bible. How could that be? How is it that those who oppose the Bible have only proven the Bible to be true by their own actions? And how could simple men who wrote the Bible know that Jerusalems orginal East Gate would remain intacted, and would have a Porch Gate add to it? And how did they know that the new Porch Gate would be sealed up? And how could these same writers know that all attempts to open that Gate would fail after it was sealed? Jerusalems East Gate is sealed today, and the Bible tells us that it will be opened only when the Prince to come arrives at the end of days. Remember, all of this took place hundreds of years if not thousands of years after the prophecy had been written. And all of this has been fulfilled by non believers in the Bible.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:43 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,316,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
the very evidence of God is our existence, he is the life beyond our life, the thought beyond our thoughts, the feeling beyond our feelings, the omnipotent self beyond our limited self
Oh, you mean the Ego?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
all religions had a father and mother of the gods, even those who aren't being practiced nowadays, every culture has it's own interpretation of this supreme being according to the degree of evolution they have as a society, but the idea behind them all is the same, the eternal quest of man for his creator
This is true, but the thing is that Christianity 'borrowed' a lot of these pagan rituals and stories as a means to convert the non-believers, but now keep them as there own. Every wonder what is up with the egg bearing Easter Bunny? Also, many of the origin stories of the Bible go back to cultures far before the Bible was written.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:52 AM

205 posts, read 375,373 times
thoughout human history,the religious unbelieveing society has generally separated priest and king into separate offices and functions, but god did not design them that way in the beginning. when god created us, he intended for us to be his representative rulers over the rest of the created order , our mission as believing ambassadors of the kingdom of god is to bring those who are enslaved in the kingdom of darkness to christ, the door , so that he can set them free to enter into their full free citizenship in god's kingdom of light

Old 05-05-2008, 09:53 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,233,922 times
Quote:
thoughout human history,the religious unbelieveing society has generally separated priest and king into separate offices and functions, but god did not design them that way in the beginning. when god created us, he intended for us to be his representative rulers over the rest of the created order , our mission as believing ambassadors of the kingdom of god is to bring those who are enslaved in the kingdom of darkness to christ, the door , so that he can set them free to enter into their full free citizenship in god's kingdom of light
Read some history not written by evangelists.
I prefer to live in the "kingdom of darkness", because to me that is enlightenment.
BTW, How many watts in "god's kingdom of light"? Will there be any flashing, blinking neon lights? Sounds like a seventies disco to me.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Read some history not written by evangelists.
I prefer to live in the "kingdom of darkness", because to me that is enlightenment.
BTW, How many watts in "god's kingdom of light"? Will there be any flashing, blinking neon lights? Sounds like a seventies disco to me.
you must of been looking at each other blinking your eyes in the darkness,smiling at each other then with yellow teeth...........as human beings we are not self-sufficient, even though we would like to think we are..............

Old 05-06-2008, 04:54 PM

571 posts, read 855,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Jerusalems East Gate prophecy was made about 2600 years ago, yet the prpophecy is being fulfilled by non believers in the Bible. How could that be? How is it that those who oppose the Bible have only proven the Bible to be true by their own actions? And how could simple men who wrote the Bible know that Jerusalems orginal East Gate would remain intacted, and would have a Porch Gate add to it? And how did they know that the new Porch Gate would be sealed up? And how could these same writers know that all attempts to open that Gate would fail after it was sealed? Jerusalems East Gate is sealed today, and the Bible tells us that it will be opened only when the Prince to come arrives at the end of days. Remember, all of this took place hundreds of years if not thousands of years after the prophecy had been written. And all of this has been fulfilled by non believers in the Bible.
Yes saying there is going to be a big wave that kills people is such a good predication i mean only a god can pridict in the next 5000 years there will be fire burning in the sky or a wave will crash down. LOL
Il make a pridiction. the world will end one day.

Or in the future a great storm will affect terrorize many and will have people sorrow just the thought of it

(however it might take 2 billion years)

Last edited by .....think; 05-06-2008 at 05:20 PM..

Old 05-07-2008, 02:34 AM

7,628 posts, read 11,000,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post
Yes saying there is going to be a big wave that kills people is such a good predication i mean only a god can pridict in the next 5000 years there will be fire burning in the sky or a wave will crash down. LOL

Or in the future a great storm will affect terrorize many and will have people sorrow just the thought of it

Your prediction is to vague. The Bible tells us exactly what Gate. It tells us that a second Gate will be added to the first Gate. It tells us that the second Gate will be sealed up. And it tells us all attempts to open that Gate will fail. (They have). And it tells us what person will open the Gate and when.

Your sorry attempt at prophecy lacks any such details.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post

if you want to know the purpose of a product, you must ask the creator og the manufacturer or his authorized representative...

Old 05-07-2008, 09:01 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,123,968 times
Quote:
if you want to know the purpose of a product, you must ask the creator og the manufacturer or his authorized representative...
I like that analogy.

Now I’ve heard the outrageous advertising claims and have tested a few.
And for me, I get the best shine from Buddhism.

Cheers,
Aeroman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality