Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 10:12 AM

45 posts, read 152,492 times

Advertisements

Prove there isn't a God. I pray for your finding an answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 10:20 AM

22,712 posts, read 19,380,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
Ok the earth is very complexe, just look around u, how complex the human genome is, Nature's beauty. Are you going to tell me all these things came out of total chaos, or was it the design of a greater artist, and greater designer?
Creator is the ultimate scientist, artist, designer, mathematician, and engineer
Science and spirituality actually exist quite well together, they are not in disagreement at all

Old 05-01-2008, 10:24 AM

793 posts, read 2,218,305 times
totally agree, we wouldn't be around without a greater designer AKA God

Old 05-01-2008, 10:29 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,447,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No proof or credibility there ...Why not post a link to an independent site rather than a biased christian one if you are really serious?
There is no such thing as an independant site. Everyone is biased to their own belief. Your reasoning is flawed. A Christian site can be taken serious as much as any other! what makes you think that it can't?

Old 05-01-2008, 10:32 AM

2,776 posts, read 4,000,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Prove there is a god, but no bible quotes, please. You would have to prove the bible is truth first, and no one has been able to do that.

I have not ever met one person who could prove there was a god, but they insist there is one.
Blah Blah Blah - I'm sure some will chime in about "not having to prove anything to you," etc etc, --big yawn--. I won't be so predictable in my response to you. Obviously something/someone created all that is around us. Is it someone who looked human - I certainly don't know. I do know that we're these really complicated machines when you look at us both at the macro and micro levels of operation, that much science can prove today to anyone with the curiosity and willpower to learn. We were definitely engineered, as was our environment. To say otherwise is just unfathomable... well not quite unfathomable, but it would indicate that the person who says otherwise isn't all that bright or educated.

Gone are the days of most people just believing that there's a hokey religious reason for why the sun rises and sets, and why when we eat McDonald's 15-30 minutes later everyone feel like crud and wants to take a nap. The human race is figuring things out. Why? Because we're curious, curious about everything.

Now all that said, is the original supreme architect or engineer of the Universe still with us? I don't really know. He/She/It hasn't formally introduced themselves to me yet. For all I know they might have long gone passed away voluntarily or involuntarily. For all I know the stuff from which everything is made has a consciousness which created itself... perhaps like George Lucas envisioned for the Star Wars universe, the matter we are made out of has a consciousness which if we tap into we can realize how we're all connected and do cool things to ourselves and each other (the Force).

The reality in my world is that I don't really care if God exists as an old white man, an alien, the lifeforce which connects us all, or if it no longer exists. What I care about is where I am today, what I am doing, and how I can get along with what I want to get along with. Can I prove to you that we were engineered? Sure - sit down with some science books, microscopes, and other rudimentary tools, and with some tutoring and time you can learn the fundamentals of biology and physics - through learning them you will make the connections I and many others already have - we're complicated and built like machines. That in itself implies there was an original engineer at some point EVEN IF you believe that evolution has essentially taken over and now everything is engineering itself going forward. With any machine, you need to start from somewhere, organic or not you need the building blocks and someone or something to manipulate them to make a building and that's a fact.

Our greatest gift any of us has today is our intellect. Use it, ponder the existence of god, but more importantly ponder your own existence, why you are, who you are, what you are doing... those are the really important things to figure out.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 AM

23,030 posts, read 34,450,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
That really isn't how it works
It's still just your opinion.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:18 AM

23,030 posts, read 34,450,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I can't prove there is and I can't prove there isn't either.

I'm not overly concerned one way or the other, people believe what they believe, it's not always the same as me but who wants that anyway?

I don't think there is one, but I've been wrong before today and I'm sure I'll be wrong about things in the future. Whether I'm wrong about God or not really doesn't matter, my beliefs affect no one but me. Whatever will be will be.
But it does matter, you matter. Do you really want to take a chance on something this important? And it may affect more people than you think.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:47 AM

22,712 posts, read 19,380,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
. For all I know the stuff from which everything is made has a consciousness which created itself... perhaps like George Lucas envisioned for the Star Wars universe, the matter we are made out of has a consciousness which if we tap into we can realize how we're all connected and do cool things to ourselves and each other (the Force).
BINGO! You win the prize! The gold star!
That is exactly the essence of not only Creator, but all of creation.
Created out of itself! That is exactly how it happened, as you describe.

P.S. The entertainment industry like the movies you describe are a "palatable" entertaining fun way that we as humans are able to be introduced to complex material that we would otherwise reject out of hand or turn away from in boredom. Put it in a movie though, and we grasp it easily! It is the way new concepts are introduced to us so that our minds can expand enough to allow them first a reality in our mind, then see them working around us.

That is EXACTLY how it works, and yes people who do understand and work with these very natural laws DO get to DO FUN STUFF ALL THE TIME! It IS FUN!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 12:00 PM

205 posts, read 375,064 times
as indivduals,each of us needs the gods governor, fore true life, purpose,and effectiveness..... the breathof the spirit that originally ignited life in the first human being did so in three distinct ways;[1] in the invisible spirit of man .made in the image of god;[2] in the soul of man-the total consciousness of mind, will,and emotions;and [3] in the physical body of man, the living vessel housing his spirit and soul,body......so the power and peace of god will be in your kingdom, and will continue to grow forever...or go back to that original former general of this dark world lucifer who attacked the good of humankind since the very begining of our existance....and trys to consolidate the people of this world under his harsh rule so they can never become free...with out god nothing was made;the lite shines in darkness,but the darknesshas not understood it..............................this is not a question..

Old 05-01-2008, 12:10 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,254,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr jack View Post
as indivduals,each of us needs the gods governor, fore true life, purpose,and effectiveness..... the breathof the spirit that originally ignited life in the first human being did so in three distinct ways;[1] in the invisible spirit of man .made in the image of god;[2] in the soul of man-the total consciousness of mind, will,and emotions;and [3] in the physical body of man, the living vessel housing his spirit and soul,body......so the power and peace of god will be in your kingdom, and will continue to grow forever...or go back to that original former general of this dark world lucifer who attacked the good of humankind since the very begining of our existance....and trys to consolidate the people of this world under his harsh rule so they can never become free...with out god nothing was made;the lite shines in darkness,but the darknesshas not understood it..............................this is not a question..

In English please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality