Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2020, 10:08 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I'm going to risk a slapdown, but I have got to unveil the Real story (as I see it) here.

You, like many, many others, could not believe in the god of the Bible any more than I could. So you were atheist.

But like many, many others, peculiarly in America, as it doesn't seem to happen in Europe (1), you had a hatred of the very name atheist because it has connotations of 'Liberal left - commie'. And your loathing of Left -wing liberalism, like Arach, was evident from the start.

You needed a god that didn't rely on the Bible or even religion. And Mystic gave you just what you needed. Arach is trying to do it with his 'Universe is alive' take on the 'Cosmic consciousness', but you just cheat by calling 'Nature' God, and appealing to the antiquity of Pantheism as validation.

No charge folks, but a rep is always appreciated. Damn hard to come by, these days.

(1) mind, Peter Hitchens' conversion seems to have been mainly for political reasons - Soviet communism was atheist.
Nope...never had any issues with my Atheism.
I felt that is was just fine...and, in fact, rooted in logic & reason...and freely said so, without any qualms.
I still do not have any problem with Atheism...I just see it as invalid now.
The same way I view literal text religious belief...I take no issue that others believe it...I simply see that as I do Atheism now.
People believe a lot of things I don't...and I believe things that others do not. No big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 10:08 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
(1) worth saying again though probably the topflight apologists here have picked it up, that the point, ploy or tactic was always to wangle a god into being 'admitted' without any real evidence being produced, because you don't have any. It was always claims of finding a god in natural things.

(2) I knew there was another point. It's always been amusing that Mystic (who at least makes an effort to make a case) never gets near presenting any real (good) evidence, but is struggling to come up with a hypothesis that even Looks 'Plausible' as he claims.

That you seem to have missed his 'human consciousness -cell' (Gnatswarm) -theory or haven't bothered to think about it shows us all that really, you case isn't even as good as Mystics.

Though it is better than Arach's.
Whatever else you will be remembered for, Arq, your hubristic evaluations of the views of others without the requisite knowledge base is sure to be considered your hallmark.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:10 AM

16,780 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Explain how you are NOT arguing about the attributes instead of smacking your head.
An object IS the sum of it's attributes. You are pretending the two are separate. And if one of those attributes is it has four corners, you can be certain the object is not a circle.

Quote:
While the response of the forum indicates that you ARE fooling most here, the fact remains that you are arguing attributes and trying to force your atheist claim without allowing dissent using your labels. You do this in spite of the FACT that "WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT OUR REALITY IS OR IS NOT." What scientific reason do you have for forcing the existence claim using YOUR preferred labels?

Bang that drum, play the same old tune, Mystic refuses to listen. BOOM, TISH, BANG, BOOM, BOOM.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Acknowledging that pantheism and panentheism are legitimate religions and arguments that eliminate your demands for evidence of the existence of God since they encompass ALL existing evidence as evidence of God.
This question begging is so circular you end up claiming your religion is both true and false.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Your inability to establish any scientifically sound basis for the existence demand in the face of the pantheistic religions means your spinning in circles is apt to be unending.

Science in the science forum.

We are NOT claiming the existence of something not yet existing. We are characterizing what DOES exist. All your disbelief centers on what its attributes are or are not.
Such as asserting consciousness? So basically the two are the same, your definition of what exists centers on what its attributes are or are not.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
This question begging is so circular you end up claiming your religion is both true and false.
Statements like this and your misuse of Bayesian analysis tend to make me think that the elevator to your logic training skipped a few floors.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:45 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Nope...never had any issues with my Atheism.
I felt that is was just fine...and, in fact, rooted in logic & reason...and freely said so, without any qualms.
I still do not have any problem with Atheism...I just see it as invalid now.
The same way I view literal text religious belief...I take no issue that others believe it...I simply see that as I do Atheism now.
People believe a lot of things I don't...and I believe things that others do not. No big deal.
I have not encountered many atheists-turned-god-believing...

What about the logic and reason that you once "rooted" for do you find any less worthy now?

What is it you believe to be more logical or better reasoned to believe now, and why, more specifically?

Old 09-28-2020, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Statements like this and your misuse of Bayesian analysis tend to make me think that the elevator to your logic training skipped a few floors.
Keep punching up, your need to misrepresent and ad hominem as a last resort is amusing.

Old 09-28-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
An object IS the sum of it's attributes. You are pretending the two are separate. And if one of those attributes is it has four corners, you can be certain the object is not a circle.
Our Reality exists and by virtue of its most Godlike attributes it is God to us. Whatever other attributes we humans think it does or does not have can be debated but they do NOT affect its existence, period.

Old 09-28-2020, 12:31 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
I'm going to risk a slapdown, but I have got to unveil the Real story (as I see it) here.

You, like many, many others, could not believe in the god of the Bible any more than I could. So you were atheist.

But like many, many others, peculiarly in America, as it doesn't seem to happen in Europe (1), you had a hatred of the very name atheist because it has connotations of 'Liberal left - commie'. And your loathing of Left -wing liberalism, like Arach, was evident from the start.

You needed a god that didn't rely on the Bible or even religion. And Mystic gave you just what you needed. Arach is trying to do it with his 'Universe is alive' take on the 'Cosmic consciousness', but you just cheat by calling 'Nature' God, and appealing to the antiquity of Pantheism as validation.

No charge folks, but a rep is always appreciated. Damn hard to come by, these days.

(1) mind, Peter Hitchens' conversion seems to have been mainly for political reasons - Soviet communism was atheist.
is that why you are "crusading" on the united states again? you think you ureo statement of belief about god is the one we all should be following again? Its why we left you guys in the first place trans.

the good ones left and had to, and will have to again, pull your heads out of your butts again.

yeah, we are the ones that are afraid. Trans youre so afraid you treat atheism like a funby treats his belief.

For some reason you think that if you give an inch your whole world view will crumble.

that, and the fact you went to such great length to get things changed, absolutely run away, crying and lying, from me, and have to are here to, as you put it, "stop religion in the unites states" proves me right.

Man, you earn your money here trans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality