Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2020, 11:22 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Yes, actually you do claim to be more qualified for god's love. That's what your judging of other christians is all about.
I've never once said that. You are flat out lying. Please provide a link or recant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2020, 11:40 AM

50,827 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I've never once said that. You are flat out lying. Please provide a link or recant.
In this thread alone, who made these statements:

"We are commanded by Scripture to judge."

"I'd say that yes--that's true of nominal Christians. The ones who are Babtist because Daddy is and Grandaddy were. Nevermind that they never actually set foot in a church or believe anything Christians believe."

"They're preaching a false Gospel, which Scriptures says they should be anathema."

That's judging others. And who made those statements?

Old 12-11-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
In this thread alone, who made these statements:

"We are commanded by Scripture to judge."

"I'd say that yes--that's true of nominal Christians. The ones who are Babtist because Daddy is and Grandaddy were. Nevermind that they never actually set foot in a church or believe anything Christians believe."

"They're preaching a false Gospel, which Scriptures says they should be anathema."

That's judging others. And who made those statements?
None of those suggest that I think I'm better than anyone else. In fact, I explicitly state otherwise. If we're fair, you're the one that claims to not be a sinner, don't you?

Old 12-11-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
None of those suggest that I think I'm better than anyone else. In fact, I explicitly state otherwise. If we're fair, you're the one that claims to not be a sinner, don't you?
No, those were statements you made that were judgemental against other christians. As I pointed out earlier, that's up to god...if there is a god.

Wrath is your choice, not love. That's how your posts come across to me.

Old 12-11-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
No, those were statements you made that were judgemental against other christians. As I pointed out earlier, that's up to god...if there is a god.

Wrath is your choice, not love. That's how your posts come across to me.
And none of those statements are me saying that I'm better than anyone else, or more deserving of God's love.

As for wrath? Yes, I get it. You would be quite happy in Joel Osteen's church because all he does is give out a sugary pep talk. But you'd really have issue with a guy like John MacArthur that actually teaches the Bible.

Old 12-11-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
And none of those statements are me saying that I'm better than anyone else, or more deserving of God's love.

As for wrath? Yes, I get it. You would be quite happy in Joel Osteen's church because all he does is give out a sugary pep talk. But you'd really have issue with a guy like John MacArthur that actually teaches the Bible.
There you go judging again.

Since I'm Buddhist, I wouldn't be in either one.

Old 12-11-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
There you go judging again.

Since I'm Buddhist, I wouldn't be in either one.
By that standard, you're about the most judgmental person I know of.

Old 12-11-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I don't claim not to be.

Old 12-11-2020, 01:03 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
You're wriggling. Phet has only said that you are as much a sinner as anyone else so he doesn't need your advice. He does also say that you judge other Christians as not and thus (by implication) you are more likely to get the forgiveness that right belief (not works) brings. Though you do (to be fair) argue that nothing guarantees being saved, but nobody is going to believe that you aren't positioning yourself to try to make odds better for being saved.
Quote:
And a good way of evasion is go on the attack. The only claim not to be a sinner by atheists is that the doctrine of sin is a myth. unethical behaviour is a fact.
Quote:
You said yourself that we are commanded to judge, so what's wrong with judging? The more you try to wriggle and evade, the deeper a hole you dig for yourself.

What's your option now? Denial and flounce? I seem to recall, that was a the method.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 12-11-2020 at 01:14 PM..

Old 12-11-2020, 01:15 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
You're wriggling. Phet has only said that you are as much a sinner as anyone else so he doesn't need your advice. He does also say that you judge other Christians as not and thus (by implication) you are more likely to get the forgiveness that right belief (not works) brings. Though you do (to be fair) argue that nothing guarantees being saved, but nobody is going to believe that you aren't positioning yourself to try to make odds better for being saved.
Quote:
And a good way of evasion is go on the attack. The only claim not to be a sinner by atheists is that the doctrine of sin is a myth. unethical behaviour is a fact.
Quote:
You said yourself that we are commanded to judge, so what's wring with judging? The more you try to wriggle and evade, the deeper a hole you dig for yourself.

What's your option now? Denial and flounce? I seem to recall, that was a the method.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality