Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2020, 04:48 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I think it pointed out how my brain sees the world at a base level. Everything was some sort of rectangle. I noticed the bathroom I redid before this happened I chose rectangles in grid patterns. My brain may just like that.
Same here ... I guess that why I am stuck on girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2020, 04:49 PM

2,962 posts, read 864,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Here's the thing, apostate: The single biggest fact that convinces me these experiences aren't real is the fact that only like 2% of everybody who has a situation where they flatline and came near to dying ever talk about something happening to them. The vast majority of people say that when they flatlined everything just went black and time stopped. If a person lost consciousness and then was revived a half hour later that whole half hour was lost to them. It was like the lights went out and then a split-second later the lights came back on. Why do these experiences happen to just a tiny minority of people and not the other 98%? And if this is true that a tiny fraction of people experience these things and no one else, isn't it reasonable to conclude that this tiny 2% minority had a hallucination and that nothing real happened to them, especially when scientists can create these same experiences in jet pilots?
Have you shared the details of your NDE? I doesn’t matter to me if it was a ‘real’ experience of the spiritual realm, or not. I’m interested to hear more about it, either way, even if you’re spinning a yarn. (sorry if I already asked you about it and forgot)

Old 12-18-2020, 04:51 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqHrpBPdtSI

Old 12-18-2020, 04:51 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Have you shared the details of your NDE? I doesn’t matter to me if it was a ‘real’ experience of the spiritual realm, or not. I’m interested to hear more about it, either way. (sorry if I already asked you about it and forgot)
yeah, back in '81. fairies wear boots was playing and ... err ...wait a second ... forget that.

Old 12-18-2020, 05:16 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
How do you know anything about "the veil"?
the same way anyone knows anything about anything

Old 12-18-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Here's the thing, apostate: The single biggest fact that convinces me these experiences aren't real is the fact that only like 2% of everybody who has a situation where they flatline and came near to dying ever talk about something happening to them. The vast majority of people say that when they flatlined everything just went black and time stopped. If a person lost consciousness and then was revived a half hour later that whole half hour was lost to them. It was like the lights went out and then a split-second later the lights came back on. Why do these experiences happen to just a tiny minority of people and not the other 98%? And if this is true that a tiny fraction of people experience these things and no one else, isn't it reasonable to conclude that this tiny 2% minority had a hallucination and that nothing real happened to them, especially when scientists can create these same experiences in jet pilots?
no, it is not reasonable to conclude that.
if only 2% of children are prodigies would you say they are hallucinating that they are prodigies?
if only 2% of people who are struck by lightning live would you say they are hallucinating that they were struck by lightning?
if only 2% of people see numbers as having colors, or can view the colors in the energy field surrounding a person, would you say they are hallucinating?

again, the logic presented does not hold.
small number of something happening, does not mean it is not happening.

Old 12-18-2020, 05:56 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
the same way anyone knows anything about anything
Inappropriate post.

Since I started this thread, I know what the thread is about. But let me restate it from the original post #1:

"What is the actual evidence for the bolded?

So, what do you all think? Is there significant evidence for this? Or is this another example of confusing faith and fact?"

In fact, check out the title of the thread: "Evidence for soul and spirit".

And your response is nothing of value to the point of the thread. As always.

Old 12-18-2020, 07:03 PM

2,962 posts, read 864,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Inappropriate post.

Since I started this thread, I know what the thread is about. But let me restate it from the original post #1:

"What is the actual evidence for the bolded?

So, what do you all think? Is there significant evidence for this? Or is this another example of confusing faith and fact?"

In fact, check out the title of the thread: "Evidence for soul and spirit".

And your response is nothing of value to the point of the thread. As always.
How is a person supposed to respond to you unless you first supply your own personal definition of "is" and "actual" so we know what you're asking. It's hard to discern what point you are trying to make. Please clarify. Thanks.

Old 12-18-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
How is a person supposed to respond to you unless you first supply your own personal definition of "is" and "actual" so we know what you're asking. It's hard to discern what point you are trying to make. Please clarify. Thanks.
True that. His faith claims are stated as facts. since he has stated that words can be defined however a person decides, then any "definitions" he provides are faith claims. his statement that a post on this thread "is nothing of value" is another of his faith claims. he is a person of faith who makes many faith claims.

Old 12-18-2020, 07:14 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
True that. His faith claims are stated as facts. since he has stated that words can be defined however a person decides, then any "definitions" he provides are faith claims. his statement that a post on this thread "is nothing of value" is another of his faith claims. he is a person of faith who makes many faith claims.
You didn't do what the thread asked. Period.

Quit trying to worm your way out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality