Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2021, 04:45 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
I had hoped you would get a chuckle.

What is truly obnoxious, is your overbearing grandiose attitude saturating your posts, of your scientific end intellectual superiority. It simply isn't so, regardless of how oft you repeat the mantra that Mystic is the smartest in town.

It simply isn't so, and anyone who believes the poppycock you proffer is self-disqualified from that title/role.
Oh, it is no secret that there are many polymaths out there besides me, Salty. I just haven't encountered any in here. But you did give me a chuckle, thanks for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2021, 04:48 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm mostly not responding to you anymore, but I'll make an exception this time.

Are you denying that the reason that most Americans call themselves christians is because it was passed down from their parents?
Are you denying that the reason that most Thais call themselves Buddhists is because it was passed down from their parents?
Are you denying that reason that most people from Saudi Arabia call themselves Muslims is because it was passed down from their parents?
Are you denying that the reason that most people from India call themselves Hindus is because it was passed down from their parents?

If you can't see that pattern, then you're the one that can't handle the evidence.
Where did I deny that? Show me...I wanna see how you came up with such a ignorant question.
When somebody asks for evidence, and a comment is proffered "His mommy and daddy told him"...that's just more nasty mocking, which is typical of you, et al.
Yeah...the evidence (that is sufficient for most of those in their society) was passed down from previous generations and their cultural history. You find that fully acceptable, right?

Old 06-20-2021, 04:52 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
It is on the fringes of the sphere of definitions of the term. An outlier if you please.

But if you wish to, please go ahead and make your case one more time for the record. Convince me?

Let me make this perfectly clear, in no uncertain terms.

If you think that you are a source of anything rational or factual, you are completely mistaken. I see nothing from you but tripe, NOTHING.

But please, go ahead and re-make your case, soup-to-nuts and I'll see if I can sort it all out. Who, knows, maybe I will.
Pose your questions and rebuttals in the appropriate thread.
That was my challenge.
You will not succeed in setting me up.

Old 06-20-2021, 04:58 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh, it is no secret that there are many polymaths out there besides me, Salty. I just haven't encountered any in here. But you did give me a chuckle, thanks for that.
Anything for you, my friend.

Old 06-20-2021, 04:59 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Pose your questions and rebuttals in the appropriate thread.
That was my challenge.
You will not succeed in setting me up.
Well, I was accused of it, so I went ahead and dabbled at it. Good for you for not taking the bait. You're improving.

Old 06-20-2021, 06:41 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
A polymath is a summary generic term, it's not like PhD. You can call yourself a polymath just the same as you can call yourself a generalist, or a biologist, nobody cares.

Old 06-20-2021, 07:28 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
A polymath is a summary generic term, it's not like PhD. You can call yourself a polymath just the same as you can call yourself a generalist, or a biologist, nobody cares.
You're right. There's an awful lot of ego demonstrated by a handful of our posters. Which goes along with the "I'm right again" school of patting themselves on the back.

Old 06-20-2021, 08:25 PM

573 posts, read 260,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Except this god of yours inspired it regret for creating the human mistake right in the front of is getting to heaven manual

Genesis 6:6
New International Version
6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.
Yes indeed.... apparently God made a mistake!

WHAT???....HUSH UP NOW!

God doesn't make mistakes... he just covers them up. That's why he sent his son Jesus Christ to die on the cross as an atonement for the sins of mankind.

It was an atonement of Blood...since God is bloodthirsty (and he needs money.... lots and lots of money).

Old 06-20-2021, 08:48 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You're right. There's an awful lot of ego demonstrated by a handful of our posters. Which goes along with the "I'm right again" school of patting themselves on the back.
::Sigh:: Such a constant need to disparage or accuse becomes tedious, Phet. A polymath is a person who can take deep knowledge from very different fields and blend them into something new, an idea or movement that takes the world in a different direction. But if you define a polymath classically as someone who is an expert in everything there is to know, like Leibnitz, then there are probably few polymaths today simply because the human brain has a limited bandwidth in this age of our ever-exploding amount of knowledge.

In general today, polymaths are considered those who have the ability to gather and comprehend a tremendous amount of knowledge in comparison with the average person. Intimations of egotism or other disparaging traits simply because someone honestly acknowledges facts about their accomplishments are just petty and catty.

Old 06-20-2021, 09:03 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
::Sigh:: Such a constant need to disparage or accuse becomes tedious, Phet. A polymath is a person who can take deep knowledge from very different fields and blend them into something new, an idea or movement that takes the world in a different direction. But if you define a polymath classically as someone who is an expert in everything there is to know, like Leibnitz, then there are probably few polymaths today simply because the human brain has a limited bandwidth in this age of our ever-exploding amount of knowledge.

In general today, polymaths are considered those who have the ability to gather and comprehend a tremendous amount of knowledge in comparison with the average person. Intimations of egotism or other disparaging traits simply because someone honestly acknowledges facts about their accomplishments are just petty and catty.
You talk too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality