Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2021, 02:21 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
He was not responding to me...but you were too into trying to write your usual dumbstuff, to notice.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/61290970-post660.html
Though, no five of you anti-Religionists put together, are half as sharp as Mystic.
Aren't you the guy who a few posts ago said that you never insult people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2021, 02:59 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Good point also. What does that say? That sadly, there are a lot of those that as much as they say they respect different views, deep inside, they cannot deal with it in a mature way.

MAYBE, in a forum like this one (Religion and Spirituality), people that want to talk about their theological views, should be the ones allowed to do so. Atheists, should not be allowed to mingle to try to prove the people how wrong, ignorant, and illogical they are.
If theists are happy being wrong, ignorant, and illogical, so be it. What is the proactive need to attack them?

Maybe a forum for atheist should for atheist to discuss and compare their views.

However, a forum for people to go at it with no holding back would be fine with that understanding.
You have a great day.
elamigo
The problem is that the last time I checked, in 4 of the top 7 threads it was the theists who attacked first. In 2 of the threads everyone contributed. Only in 1 thread did an atheist attack first, the same atheist who is treated as an ally by the person who complains about atheists using puerile & vulgar terms by using puerile & vulgar terms himself.

Also, we progress by correcting false beliefs, and if the religious want to have false and irrational beliefs, that is for me in order. But when they post them for others to read, why should we not correct them?

Old 06-21-2021, 03:05 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Aren't you the guy who a few posts ago said that you never insult people?
Correct. As always...I am critical of the criticism of others and of the Beliefs they hold.
I am biased against bias...I am not very tolerant of intolerance...and I hate a hateful attitude.
I've been telling you that for 10 years. Telling you directly.

Old 06-21-2021, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You're right. There's an awful lot of ego demonstrated by a handful of our posters. Which goes along with the "I'm right again" school of patting themselves on the back.
Yes, people can make claims about their expertise, but if they are not showing that they know what they are talking about, we have no reason to believe their claims.

An example is those claiming science expertise but refuse to post their science in the science forum.

Old 06-21-2021, 03:23 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Maybe a forum for atheist should for atheist to discuss and compare their views.

elamigo
There is one but it doesn't stop Mr Phd from going there to push his god beliefs.
( even though proselytizing there is supposedly against the TOS)

Old 06-21-2021, 03:24 AM

Quote:
You talk too much.
And gets too much wrong for a polymath.

Old 06-21-2021, 04:41 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I repeat, nobody cares.
Quote:
The problem I see is giving oneself glorious labels.
This is the first time in over 70 years I have seen someone with an ego big enough to use such a term about himself, whether true or not.

Old 06-21-2021, 05:39 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Perhaps tomorrow I should spend some time going back over your posts of the last week and compiling a list of your hateful mocking and insults and whining. Because many of them are that, whether you can admit it or not.
how about we dump the emotion and discuss beliefs.

what seems like a reliable belief? in terms of spirituality.

deity
living system (size is an issue)
non living system
rebirth and reincarnation
lack belief
deny everything so theist can't use it and make a type of atheism harder to sell.
I am here to fight religion's over reaching political meddling
all belief are lunacy (in terms of "higher powers and spirituality)

lmao ... I can't wait for this ...

Old 06-21-2021, 05:41 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
This is the first time in over 70 years I have seen someone with an ego big enough to use such a term about himself, whether true or not.
some of us only focus on how true or not ...

That is our disconnect mesa.

Old 06-21-2021, 06:45 AM

50,831 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Maybe it's part of being a religionist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality