Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2021, 07:09 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Arach has put up more posts where he "made lists" and "comparisons" than all others on this board put together.
I remembered this post, because it was the 1st post I saw coming back to this board after a while:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/59256275-post114.html

And scores of posts like this:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/61280316-post495.html

To say he doesn't post lists & make comparisons, is like saying I don't post about Pantheistic ideas.
Thank you very much for this.

But it doesn't matter. It never mattered. That's why our lines of logic where subdued.

Look at the words in the title "example of lunacy ..."

And when we reply in kind they dog pile on us.

Its a no win situation for us ... and that's why they do it.

Using stone cold commonsense, logic, reason, with a sprinkle of love compassion and understanding ... their "lack belief", based on lack of information, and "we don't have to say anything." being tossed around like a dogma doesn't really have the legs to stand on there own.

"lunacy", "lack belief" in everything one doesn't know anything about and not trying to learn about it and only repeating "Strawman" when the belief starts to makes some sense is lunacy. Unless we are here to fight religion. In a belief forum none the less. then it makes perfect sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2021, 08:59 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Thank you very much for this.

But it doesn't matter. It never mattered. That's why our lines of logic where subdued.

Look at the words in the title "example of lunacy ..."

And when we reply in kind they dog pile on us.

Its a no win situation for us ... and that's why they do it.

Using stone cold commonsense, logic, reason, with a sprinkle of love compassion and understanding ... their "lack belief", based on lack of information, and "we don't have to say anything." being tossed around like a dogma doesn't really have the legs to stand on there own.

"lunacy", "lack belief" in everything one doesn't know anything about and not trying to learn about it and only repeating "Strawman" when the belief starts to makes some sense is lunacy. Unless we are here to fight religion. In a belief forum none the less. then it makes perfect sense.
When you lead with a Thread that basically refers to the Adherents to a Theology as "lunatics"...and then, the premise of your argument is based upon a insult and mocking of the Books & writings, and the Deities (that they claim they don't believe exists)...you are not just looking to respectfully "disagree".

We discuss and exchange ideas & philosophies relative to Religious and Spiritual concepts...we don't just open up with threads & posts bashing, insulting, and mocking others.

Old 07-17-2021, 09:16 AM

128 posts, read 39,518 times
Quote:
When you lead with a Thread that basically refers to the Adherents to a Theology as "lunatics"...and then, the premise of your argument is based upon a insult and mocking of the Books & writings, and the Deities (that they claim they don't believe exists)...you are not just looking to respectfully "disagree".

We discuss and exchange ideas & philosophies relative to Religious and Spiritual concepts...we don't just open up with threads & posts bashing, insulting, and mocking others.

GldnRule, Mystic and Arach consistently write posts bashing, insulting and mocking others who disagree with them.

They then use the "tactic" of complaining when anyone does the same thing to them.

It's the old "I bash my wife" tactic ...... where a man bashes his wife, he is then arrested and faces court, and his "tactic" is "hey judge, sure I bashed her, but she made me do it via her bad behavior, therefore she is to blame".

Old 07-17-2021, 11:21 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
I think this thread is becoming a great example of lunacy that shows god isn't real. Lunacy anyway...

Old 07-17-2021, 11:23 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I think this thread is becoming a great example of lunacy that shows god isn't real. Lunacy anyway...

Old 07-17-2021, 11:29 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Arach has put up more posts where he "made lists" and "comparisons" than all others on this board put together.
I remembered this post, because it was the 1st post I saw coming back to this board after a while:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/59256275-post114.html

And scores of posts like this:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/61280316-post495.html

To say he doesn't post lists & make comparisons, is like saying I don't post about Pantheistic ideas.
The first example is a pretty good list.

The second one is not. It's a bunch of mostly one-liners with no real comparison, which he always touts.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The first example is a pretty good list.

The second one is not. It's a bunch of mostly one-liners with no real comparison, which he always touts.
'cause you said so.

You get triggered way to easy. Focus on the meaning, not the delivery. Oh wait, you can't do that. If you did that you become less reliable so pull me down and level the field..

lmao .. typical.

the point of the second list is spot on.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo1234 View Post
GldnRule, Mystic and Arach consistently write posts bashing, insulting and mocking others who disagree with them.

They then use the "tactic" of complaining when anyone does the same thing to them.

It's the old "I bash my wife" tactic ...... where a man bashes his wife, he is then arrested and faces court, and his "tactic" is "hey judge, sure I bashed her, but she made me do it via her bad behavior, therefore she is to blame".
Address the comment ...

"lunacy" can also mean "lack belief" in everything one doesn't know anything about and not trying to learn about it and only repeating "Strawman" when the belief starts to makes to show it has some evidence and is not irrational. Lunacy is being in a site like this to fight religion. In a belief forum none the less.

Old 07-17-2021, 10:53 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
'cause you said so.

You get triggered way to easy. Focus on the meaning, not the delivery. Oh wait, you can't do that. If you did that you become less reliable so pull me down and level the field..

lmao .. typical.

the point of the second list is spot on.
I'm focusing on the content. You always 2 things in this regard -- making a list and using it to compare. You dabble in the first and babble in the second. One of the skills we emphasized with students was learning to compare and contrast various bits of information. Of course, they were 12 year-olds.

So for example, in regard to whether god is real, in one column we could have:

Information that christians use to "prove" that god is real:

In the second column we could have:

Information that atheists use to "prove" that god is not real:

Then start listing apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Take each line of information and compare and contrast in an organized manner.

If you want to do that, and actually have a conversation, we can do that.

Old 07-17-2021, 11:05 PM

128 posts, read 39,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
If you want to do that, and actually have a conversation, we can do that.

They will NEVER do that. They will close to ALWAYS eventually revert to personal abuse when anyone "repeatedly" disagrees with them. There's only a handful of those abusers here, but they constantly post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality