Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 02:10 PM

1,402 posts, read 480,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
You are NOT thinking in terms of a conscious universe, whose nature is to create complex systems. Gods with personalities can be included in those systems, but they are not the ultimate creators or rulers of the systems. The system ultimately creates itself.
Correct, I am not. But when you, or Mystic, or anyone else (with or without doctoral degrees to cite) have any evidence for that conscious universe... as opposed to a universe with many conscious inhabitants... I stand ready to adjust my thinking. Until then, an interesting hypothesis, but all evidence points toward the latter. Left with the choice between "no evidence" and "all the evidence we have to date," I can tell you where common sense leads me.

Last edited by HeelaMonster; 07-16-2021 at 02:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2021, 02:16 PM

63,977 posts, read 40,262,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
First, please resist the urge to close with "beyond foolish" as a parting shot, and I'll return the courtesy.

Now take all that conscious Reality, manifesting within a spacetime field, with aggregated vibratory micro phenomena and quantum foam and further aggregated spherical standing waveforms, all amorphous and inaccessible to our macro measurements... and set it aside for one moment... and respond to these non-complicated statements:

"God decided one day (year, century, millennium, whatever) that dinosaurs weren't working out as well as he hoped, so he took a mulligan."

"Sometime during the few thousand years between the writing of the OT and the writing of the NT, God realized that being mean wasn't working out either, so he decided he needed to turn that frown upside down."

Because those were the claims (paraphrasing) to which I was responding.
Sorry. Then Occam's Razor definitely applies! I have been responding to the larger more generic issue of what our Reality IS.

Old 07-16-2021, 02:29 PM

1,402 posts, read 480,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sorry. Then Occam's Razor definitely applies! I have been responding to the larger more generic issue of what our Reality IS.

Last edited by HeelaMonster; 07-16-2021 at 02:42 PM..

Old 07-16-2021, 04:33 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,630,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. My points stand.
2. Just cause you say it, doesn't mean it's so.
3. Show us your concise list. Don't talk about it. Show us.
1-You point doesn't stand up all that well.
2-just because you say so.
3-I already have done so many times. Keep an eye out.

Lmao, you are like best real time example I ever met.

Old 07-16-2021, 07:47 PM

8,233 posts, read 3,439,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
bingo ...

Everything we know demonstrates that. Every new discovery proves that thinking "we are a subset set of information exchange within a larger more complex information exchange" is so far more reliable than the not agreeing with its almost a joke.

That why, I believe, people are using the dogma looking "I don't have to say anything." or "thats a strawman" because its so clear, that one would need a large about of information to disprove it.
I think that most people never learn anything in school about complex systems. It's a very different way of thinking, and it is not mainstream in our society. I learned about it by chance, starting in the 1980s, and it changed my whole way of thinking. But it's very hard to explain my thinking to most people, since they have no familiarity whatsoever with a holistic systems perspective.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
I considered this as well, taking into account the evolutionary stages of man for instance. Yet I believe some sort of pre-programmed/coded/etc. material that was formed by an intelligence yet unknown to us gave evolution its initial start. Evolutionary steps are secondary to this hypothesis IMO.
You make the unreasonable assumption that evolution could be given an initial shove, and would from then on keep running on its own. Like the medieval philosophers who thought the universe was just like a big clock that only has to be wound up, and then left alone.

But we have no reason to think that evolution can happen separately from universal intelligence. We have no reason to think evolution happened the way it's taught in biology classes.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
You've surprised me again.
I know you are a Christian. I'd have thought you bought into the whole son of god thing. You think Jesus was just a regular human albeit an advanced one?

Here we are 10 years into this and you learn new things about people.
It is perfectly obvious that Jesus was a regular human, and a mystic/healer/teacher.

I don't even think he was especially advanced. Do we know about Jesus because he was so special and unusual? Or because someone decided he was special and started a church based on his teachings, and that church later became the official church of the Roman Empire? And everyone the Romans conquered was forced to learn about and worship Jesus.

There might have been someone like Jesus on every street corner, for all we know. Sort of like the Monty Python movie Life of Brian. Shamanic healers were pretty common in ancient or prehistoric societies.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh, He is the Son of God, Cruithne, no doubt about that, IMO. We are all supposed to be God's children. He is just the perfect one who did what the rest of us seem unable to achieve - perfect resonance (Identity) with God's Holy Spirit (consciousness). That would at least underscore the notion that He is indeed the Firstborn Son of God among humans.
He would we KNOW that he achieved perfect resonance with God's Holy Spirit? Did he achieve something different than any other mystic or yogi?

Old 07-16-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
To be honest, even as a person with two degrees in geology, I used to think like that (although in my case I thought about it in terms of the eye). Later, however, I began to think a little differently. Why did it take god so long to go from stromatolites to a modern life form. Did he just keep screwing up? Did he keep saying, "Back to the drawing board"? That doesn't seem very all-knowing and all-powerful.
Who says "god," or the Universe, has to be all-knowing and all-powerful? Somebody in the middle ages decided that, and we have to be stuck with it forever?

We DO NOT KNOW what God is, or why or how he/it does things.

The hardest thing for humans to know is their own limitations, what they cannot know. So wheels spin for centuries over questions like that.

Within our time perspective, what seems like eons could actually be an instant. Why get so caught up in how we experience time and space? The Universe is infinitely more than that.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:24 PM

51,026 posts, read 24,528,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
1-You point doesn't stand up all that well.
2-just because you say so.
3-I already have done so many times. Keep an eye out.

Lmao, you are like best real time example I ever met.
I have asked you to point to a post in any thread where you actually made the concise list that you constantly talk about. You never do. Because you can't. Go ahead, I'd enjoy being wrong about that.

Last edited by phetaroi; 07-16-2021 at 09:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality