Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2021, 10:41 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
When was the OT written, and who wrote it, if you know?
It was written by unknown people at various unknown times. The only one I know that we can date is Daniel, written between 167 BC and 164 BC.

There is a theory that the first 5 books (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) were written after 400 BC, but the history of the OT is not something I have seriously studied, so I can not say how sound that theory is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 10:51 AM

50,821 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
When was the OT written, and who wrote it, if you know?
God wrote it with his own hands! Didn't you know that?

Old 10-07-2021, 02:41 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
God wrote it with his own hands! Didn't you know that?
Must have..........forgotten!!

Old 10-07-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
It was written by unknown people at various unknown times. The only one I know that we can date is Daniel, written between 167 BC and 164 BC.

There is a theory that the first 5 books (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) were written after 400 BC, but the history of the OT is not something I have seriously studied, so I can not say how sound that theory is.
Thx.

Old 10-07-2021, 04:43 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
No, it didn't. Johovah God doesn't exist.

The bible and all other religious books are fiction, pure and simple. The facts of nature, as compared to the fiction of these books demonstrates that clearly and unambiguously.
Then why would you question the thoughts and conduct of Jehovah God, if he doesn't exist?
Even very specific things...like how he dealt with Adam & Eve, etc. Big, long diatribes getting into specific details of actions and attitude ...questioning motive & performance.
Very strange...that doesn't make sense.
Nonexistent Beings don't think or do anything.

Old 10-07-2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Then why would you question the thoughts and conduct of Jehovah God, if he doesn't exist?
Even very specific things...like how he dealt with Adam & Eve, etc. Big, long diatribes getting into specific details of actions and attitude ...questioning motive & performance.
Very strange...that doesn't make sense.
Nonexistent Beings don't think or do anything.
When I do the things you have noted, I am using a rhetorical device, just as Playing Devil's Advocate is a rhetorical device, to demonstrate how illogical, indeed absurd, and hence improbable, the existence of a "god" is.

We have discussed this before, and I am surprised you are still confused. Oh well.

You are correct in one thing. Nonexistent Beings, especially Nonexistent gods, don't think or do anything. At least that has finally sunk in, if, possibly, only partially. But what-the-heck, progress is progress, baby-steps included.

Salt-on my friend.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:33 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
When I do the things you have noted, I am using a rhetorical device, just as Playing Devil's Advocate is a rhetorical device, to demonstrate how illogical, indeed absurd, and hence improbable, the existence of a "god" is.

We have discussed this before, and I am surprised you are still confused. Oh well.

You are correct in one thing. Nonexistent Beings, especially Nonexistent gods, don't think or do anything. At least that has finally sunk in, if, possibly, only partially. But what-the-heck, progress is progress, baby-steps included.

Salt-on my friend.
No...I'm not confused...not at all.
I just figured that one who feels that the Books are all "fiction" and the characters are all nonexistent...would just say that. Period...The End.
Not get into long, drawn out rhetoric, that in my view is completely obsessive/compulsive, and presents to me as insulting/mocking towards those that embrace differing Spiritual concepts.
But...to each their own, I guess.

Old 10-08-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I just figured that one who feels that the Books are all "fiction" and the characters are all nonexistent...would just say that. Period...The End.
Not get into long, drawn out rhetoric, that in my view is completely obsessive/compulsive, and presents to me as insulting/mocking towards those that embrace differing Spiritual concepts.
Do you think that telling a non-believer or a believer in a different faith that they are going to hell is "completely obsessive/compulsive, and presents to me as insulting/mocking towards those that embrace differing Spiritual concept"?

Old 10-08-2021, 09:55 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
No one is confused here! Not at all...

There seems to be just a little confusion about why that is, while we all certainly don't think, feel or believe the same things for the same reasons, but no matter. Just ask anyone in this forum. Especially a select few of the aware ones. They'll tell you all you need to know about what you are confused about! Be prepared to leave all facts, reason, logic and all other than personal feelings and experiences at the door...

Old 10-08-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
No one is confused here! Not at all...

There seems to be just a little confusion about why that is, while we all certainly don't think, feel or believe the same things for the same reasons, but no matter. Just ask anyone in this forum. Especially a select few of the aware ones. They'll tell you all you need to know about what you are confused about! Be prepared to leave all facts, reason, logic and all other than personal feelings and experiences at the door...
It's always been interesting to me how quick the faithful can be to tell a non-believer that they are "confused". It's actually quite the opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality