Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2021, 08:19 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Understood.

I agree that the promise of eternal life is a powerful opiate.

I am saddened that mankind just can't
summon the courage to kick the addiction.

Saltily yours,

Salty
But, WAIT...there's more!!
The fastest growing Religion also provides for a big crew of afterlife virgins as well.
That's gotta be the best promotional program of all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 09:20 PM

50,859 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The fastest growing Religion also provides for a big crew of afterlife virgins as well.
Yeah...they're old nuns that used to teach in catholic schools!

Old 10-10-2021, 10:01 PM

2,400 posts, read 784,095 times
Quote:
The wife's not going to like that. But, as I recall, that "package" is reserved for those that martyr themself and killing non-believers in the process, all in the name of peace.

Salt on, my friend!

Old 10-11-2021, 05:53 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
The wife's not going to like that. But, as I recall, that "package" is reserved for those that martyr themself and killing non-believers in the process, all in the name of peace.

Salt on, my friend!
Oh, I see!
So that's what started that high-cost "Premium Membership" program concept!
I always wondered who originally came up with that idea.
It sure does work well...and nobody will ever complain to Customer Service that they got ripped off.

Old 10-11-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Oh, I see!
So that's what started that high-cost "Premium Membership" program concept!
I always wondered who originally came up with that idea.
It sure does work well...and nobody will ever complain to Customer Service that they got ripped off.
They seem to positively delight in brutal bloodshed. Humanity is at stake, IMHO.

Old 10-11-2021, 03:19 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Why do some think that religion is so complicated?..................................
But again, my main question here is what is it that's so complicated about christianity or Buddhism that it needs to be researched and studied? And for all those who don't research and study it, does that mean they're not good christians or Buddhists?
'Complicated' can be traced back to mankind's religious base at ancient Babylon.
As the people migrated away from ancient Babylon they took with them their false religious-myth ideas and practices and spread them world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.
This is why we see so many overlapping or similar religious ideas spread throughout the world today.
So, a study or research of Scripture is necessary to separate the religious truth from the false.
False clergy often use a 'mixture of Scripture with church tradition or customs' just taught as being Scripture but isn't.
When that happens that makes a person's belief to be in vain according to Jesus at Matthew 15:9.

Old 10-11-2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
'Complicated' can be traced back to mankind's religious base at ancient Babylon.
As the people migrated away from ancient Babylon they took with them their false religious-myth ideas and practices and spread them world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.
This is why we see so many overlapping or similar religious ideas spread throughout the world today.
So, a study or research of Scripture is necessary to separate the religious truth from the false.
False clergy often use a 'mixture of Scripture with church tradition or customs' just taught as being Scripture but isn't.
When that happens that makes a person's belief to be in vain according to Jesus at Matthew 15:9.

Babylon Sisters, Steely Dan, Album Gaucho, Nov. 1980

Old 10-11-2021, 04:10 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Yeah...they're old nuns that used to teach in catholic schools!
Surprise!

Old 10-11-2021, 05:03 PM

50,859 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
So I guess Jesus was off track when he taught the simple people who had no way to research his teachings. Poor, misguided Jesus.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:27 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Quote:
Babylon Sisters, Steely Dan, Album Gaucho, Nov. 1980
In my vinyl collection...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality