Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2022, 04:59 PM

22,210 posts, read 19,238,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No. You just want to cover up the divisions. When you have church congregations in lawsuits with each other, when you have people who won't set foot in a church that is not their own denomination, when you have christians killing other christians over religion...that's no diamond.
Peace be with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2022, 05:17 PM

15,976 posts, read 7,039,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You get better and better at not answering questions
You seem to be under the ridiculous impression that you are the official interrogator of CD. It would be charming if you were 3 years old and ask endlessly why, why?
You are not entitled to my answers just because you ask. It will help you if remember that. My opinions are opinions and not claims. If they are facts I will say so. I choose whose posts and what posts i respond to, just as posters have a choice to whether they want to respond to me or not.

Old 08-21-2022, 05:21 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
that is a valid and important question.

promoting that type of divisiveness is redolent of the mindset which points to race and perpetuates conflict based on race, and fuels the ugliness of conflict based on race, all the while arguing that races are "different;" and disputing, ignoring, downplaying, dismissing that we are all human. Stirring the pot of conflict and contention, instead of recognizing unity and our shared humanity.
If you notice...they actually do throw other divisive issues in with their prejudicial attitude against Religion....especially politics, usually busting on Republican/Conservative/Right leaning ideology.
Divisiveness of differing levels of "formal" education as well, and acting as a wedge between different ethnicities/nationalities/cultures, typically biased against areas of the Middle East.
They promote bias and discord as much as anything...laser focused & relentless.

Old 08-21-2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
many facets, one diamond.
it is only a "problem" if a person sees the facets, but ignores the diamond.
Here is a question for Atheists. Why is it important for Atheists that all religions stay in their lanes? That all their minor and major differences is never forgotten, but highlighted? Why is it important for them to believe in hell?
I ask because dont atheists feel relieved of all these tensions which they never have to deal with as atheists? questions for any atheist.

Old 08-21-2022, 05:27 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
those are your words, expressing your own views.
they are not my words and they do not represent my views.

freedom of religion means that everyone has a place, and a voice, at the table of paths of religion and spirituality. a person's words in their posts, and how they speak to others who may hold different views or disagree during a discussion, are indicative of the "unity, dialogue, and humanity" they carry in their heart.

Peace be with you.
No they are not my own views other than how you, Goldie and CB2008 come accross in your posts. And none of you come across the way you think you do.

Fredom of religion which I did not even mention includes the freedom to not believe but not the freedom to impose your religion upon others. Once you exclude the freedom to not believe, the rest of the freedom of religion becomes empty words.

We do not need unity we need tolerance and civility. We do jot need to agree that there is a God or that religion is akways good or that morality comes from a God. Most theists recognize that. Even sime of the more radical, for lack of a better term, do as well but the three of you posters do not seem to. Yes that is my personal.opinion based o reading the posts and what they were responses of.

I stand by my previous post and nothing in your response addressed it.

Old 08-21-2022, 05:29 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Peace be with you.
Oh, are you going to start being silent?

Old 08-21-2022, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
You seem to be under the ridiculous impression that you are the official interrogator of CD. It would be charming if you were 3 years old and ask endlessly why, why?
You are not entitled to my answers just because you ask. It will help you if remember that. My opinions are opinions and not claims. If they are facts I will say so. I choose whose posts and what posts i respond to, just as posters have a choice to whether they want to respond to me or not.
No, as usual. But you squirm so when you don't like a question.

Old 08-21-2022, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Here is a question for Atheists. Why is it important for Atheists that all religions stay in their lanes? That all their minor and major differences is never forgotten, but highlighted? Why is it important for them to believe in hell?
I ask because dont atheists feel relieved of all these tensions which they never have to deal with as atheists? questions for any atheist.
Answer: Because in real life y'all don't mind your own business.

Old 08-21-2022, 05:46 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Before I can answer you question I need to know exactly what you mean by all religions stay in their lane?

No clue why all believing in hell is important. Too many believers appear to think that hell is a concept for all beiever so maybe ask a theist. When a theist tells you that not accepting Jesus as your saviour will take you to helk, discussing a different religion seems pointless.

Some of your questiins could be rephrased to why do atheists address the actual belief of thevoerson they are communicating with rather than use a generic belief system. And for that I would say of respect to the discussion.

If you think atheistd are the ones highlighting diffetences go to the Christainity sub forum . We tend to respond to the post rather than to all religions.

Old 08-21-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Before I can answer you question I need to know exactly what you mean by all religions stay in their lane?

No clue why all believing in hell is important. Too many believers appear to think that hell is a concept for all beiever so maybe ask a theist. When a theist tells you that not accepting Jesus as your saviour will take you to helk, discussing a different religion seems pointless.

Some of your questiins could be rephrased to why do atheists address the actual belief of thevoerson they are communicating with rather than use a generic belief system. And for that I would say of respect to the discussion.

If you think atheistd are the ones highlighting diffetences go to the Christainity sub forum . We tend to respond to the post rather than to all religions.
So non answers from Atheists. You dont like the questions. You’d rather make your own. Carry on. Peace be with you.
I am hoping NorthSouth will come on and take the lead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality