Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2022, 04:29 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times

Advertisements

The OP just keeps repeating the same loud mantras (boldfaced too) to prove to himself right, to avoid allowing anything counter to be seen or heard. It's like screaming to avoid hearing someone entering your home, so you only hear yourself. Blah blah blah blah blah. It's just a dumb tactic to block learning and observing, and stay in a <<cut>> spot of treading water. Lovely!

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-03-2022 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: Offensive word removed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2022, 04:30 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Again I ask:
Mystic, if God had wanted us to believe Jesus is his divine son sent to earth to die for our sins, wouldn't God have left a mountain of evidence proving this that would be so compelling that no one in their right mind could argue otherwise? Simple yes or no, Mystic?
I would say, No. Irrefutable evidence would leave no room for individuals to develop their OWN thinking, standards, and reasoning about this life and how to live it. There could be no decisions or choices to make under such absolute certainty and no need to develop our OWN sense of right and wrong.

Acquiring our own inner standards is what developing our spiritual maturity is all about. Irrefutable evidence would result in an irrefutably regimented life. That would NOT be a life I would want or consider fruitful. Its resemblance to a robotic existence would be too great, IMO.

Old 09-02-2022, 04:36 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,793,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I would say, No. Irrefutable evidence would leave no room for individuals to develop their OWN thinking, standards, and reasoning about this life and how to live it. There could be no decisions or choices to make under such absolute certainty and no need to develop our OWN sense of right and wrong.
Agreed! There's be no point of having free will.

Quote:
Acquiring our own inner standards is what developing our spiritual maturity is all about. Irrefutable evidence would result in an irrefutably regimented life. That would NOT be a life I would want or consider fruitful. Its resemblance to a robotic existence would be too great, IMO.

Old 09-02-2022, 04:37 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
LIE NO 2: The apostles died for their faith.

TRUTH: There isn't a shred of evidence the apostles even lived, much less died for their faith. Not a single secular historian in any century up to 500 CE even mentions the apostles. The truth is history says none of the apostles existed. They, like Jesus, are mythical creations like characters in a novel. It would be impossible to trace a single event involving them if historians don't even mention them. Churchmen like Sean MacDowell who wrote a book on the apostles' demise (and made a lot of $$$$ on it) relies wholly on church tradition--legends that arose over the centuries about Jesus and his apostles--as his source material for his book. It would be much like using the 7 volumes of Harry Potter to determine what happened to Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.

This is yet another example of how the Church used lies, deceit, fabrications and speculation to perpetuate a myth that benefited their religion.

Once again, I am a skeptic and I have the TRUTH on my side.
Wow...cool!
Can you imagine such geniuses, that even in a very simple time, they were so amazingly brilliant that they could write so incredibly, the characters in their stories have more fame and influence than almost anybody who has ever lived.
Especially if they were completely created by the writers and not amped up versions of people they'd heard of.
This greatly increases the status of The Bible authors (and those that followed) and what they wrote.
Amazing...Miraculous, actually.
No wonder the Theologies that are derivative of those writings are so epic and prolific.
Thank you for the great tribute to them thrillobyte!

Old 09-02-2022, 04:42 PM

50,830 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
The OP just keeps repeating the same loud mantras (boldfaced too) to prove to himself right, to avoid allowing anything counter to be seen or heard. It's like screaming to avoid hearing someone entering your home, so you only hear yourself. Blah blah blah blah blah. It's just a dumb tactic to block learning and observing, and stay in a <<cut>> spot of treading water. Lovely!
The bolded...really. I've read every counter-post.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-03-2022 at 05:33 AM.. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Old 09-02-2022, 04:48 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:

More hot air. Don't just stand there making pointless accusations, Thoreau. Show us some evidence to refute my claims if you're able.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-03-2022 at 05:34 AM.. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Old 09-02-2022, 04:53 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
Quote:
More hot air. Don't just stand there making pointless accusations, Thoreau. Show us some evidence to refute my claims if you're able.
Your claims don't amount to squat, so aren't worth discussing, as I've said many times. I know; nothing gets through that thick skull of yours, so we just keep seeing the same hamster wheel spinning with comatose runner.

Old 09-02-2022, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

Mystic, I am sorry. I find your answer to be so disingenuous--frankly, so dishonest that it makes me cringe to hear you say this. God preserving massive amounts of evidence of Jesus being his son the savior of mankind would not violate a person's free will. To the contrary, it would make nearly every human on earth become so convinced Jesus was really their savior that OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL they would readily give their hearts to Jesus and serve him faithfully. I know I would and I wouldn't feel in the least that it was violating my free will to do so.

But I realize you are painted into a corner. To say yes to my question would be for you to admit I am right and I think that'd be too large a piece of humble pie for you to swallow. I believe in your heart you'd really have preferred God to leave irrefutable evidence of Jesus' divinity behind because you know in the final analysis how many more souls would have been saved if he had.

Old 09-02-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Your claims don't amount to squat, so aren't worth discussing, as I've said many times. I know; nothing gets through that thick skull of yours, so we just keep seeing the same hamster wheel spinning with comatose runner.

So let me understand why you feel this way.

Why do you feel that the fact there isn't a nickel's worth of historic evidence to prove Jesus was a real person for someone to base their faith on amounts to squat in your eyes?

Old 09-02-2022, 06:31 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Ironic Flag on.
Robert Monroe ("Journeys out of the Body"), repeatedly sought not to get involved with religious dogma, when "over there," did relate a lot of meetings with noncorporeal beings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrLApcABHQw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality