Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I want the Atheism/Agnosticism sub-forum to be added and I am...
...an atheist or agnostic interested in disussions with other atheists or agnostics 27 87.10%
...interested in posing non-confrontational questions to atheists or agnostics and learning more about this worldview 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:58 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,470,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Another question. Who will moderate the forum?
I know that on the R&P forum is a person who claims to have heard demonic voices and even seen demons. That person was once a moderator!
If an atheist forum/sub-forum came about I'd volunteer for the task at hand. I don't know how people would feel about it but I do seem to have lots of time on my hands as moderating seems to require. That's at least one requirement filled. I just hope people don't think I'd be unfair in moderating it. I have a lot of friends on here and I wouldn't want them to think I was admonishing them over a "power trip" if the situation called for it.

However, there are other Atheists on this forum that are certainly suited for the task at hand as well and could probably do a better job. I'll throw my name in the hat but I'm not going to fight and argue over it either.

And, no, last I checked I have not heard demonic voices or seen demons. I only see little imps and trolls but they're perfectly harmless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 11:11 AM

30,403 posts, read 52,016,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Don't mean to take this thread off-topic.. just a comment to let you know there are two sides to the issue.
Actually, there are MORE than two sides to the issues, as some of us are neither Atheist nor Christian... but that's precisely why I don't post much (on R&P) anymore, because those of us with different beliefs are largely ignored. As for the idea of a subforum, I've said it before and I'll say it again - if we're going to have a subforum for Christians, there should be one for other religions and beliefs (or lack thereof). It's only fair, after all! But us moderators don't need more work, so I'll be happy with leaving things as they are.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:27 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,068,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
scuse me Moderator cut: Personal info....if you would stay away why did you jump headlong into the first thread that mentions atheists???????

Because he can

Old 05-27-2008, 11:34 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,068,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
If an atheist forum/sub-forum came about I'd volunteer for the task at hand. I don't know how people would feel about it but I do seem to have lots of time on my hands as moderating seems to require. That's at least one requirement filled. I just hope people don't think I'd be unfair in moderating it. I have a lot of friends on here and I wouldn't want them to think I was admonishing them over a "power trip" if the situation called for it.

However, there are other Atheists on this forum that are certainly suited for the task at hand as well and could probably do a better job. I'll throw my name in the hat but I'm not going to fight and argue over it either.

And, no, last I checked I have not heard demonic voices or seen demons. I only see little imps and trolls but they're perfectly harmless.

Trooper, I think you would make a very fair moderator on an atheist only site.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:04 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,178,790 times
I'm all for it.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:28 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,362,255 times
Thanks for the considering a new sub forum, and I am all for it.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:03 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,291,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post

Another question. Who will moderate the forum?

I believe that would be me.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:37 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,271,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
I believe that would be me.
Well, I think you would make a good moderator too.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:37 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,458,785 times
Default Not having one is a bit discriminatory

I like to think I am open-minded enough that I could contribute to an atheist/agnostic thread in a non-confrontational manner. It would be nice to be able to go and talk to like-minded Forum posters without having to search through the posts to avoid the quotes to scripture, or have other posters put me on 'ignore.'

It does seem that if there is a Christianity sub forum, there could just as easily be sub forums for other major world religions (of which Christianity is only one) as well as a sub forum for those who choose to be atheist or agnostic.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:31 PM

30,403 posts, read 52,016,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
It does seem that if there is a Christianity sub forum, there could just as easily be sub forums for other major world religions (of which Christianity is only one) as well as a sub forum for those who choose to be atheist or agnostic.
That's what I suggested back when the Christianity forum was started, but I was apparently outnumbered. If we do add an Atheist forum, it's really going to be unfair to simply have Christianity & Atheism - so if that happens, I might insist on either merging "World Religions" with Christianity, or adding a third subforum. We (non-Christian religions) get pushed around and ignored enough in real life, and I'm not thrilled about the same thing happening on C-D. Just my two cents, speaking as a member rather than a moderator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality