Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2022, 09:21 AM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I think what you're saying here is that people who either die or have mystical experiences experience a wide variety of paranormal phenomena completely unrelated to Jesus. When somebody says, "I saw Jesus when I died" nobody ever asks, "How did you know it was Jesus? Nobody knows what he looked like. The millions of pics of him are all based on Dark Ages and Medieval drawings and paintings which came out of the minds of the artists. I'll bet Mystic had an experience with a Jesus that looked just like this:
My direct contact with God's consciousness did not involve visuals. I only identified Jesus as the source of the consciousness from the descriptions of His attitude and reaction to the scourging and crucifixion depicted in the Bible and His descriptions of God's Holy Spirit, NOT His physical appearance. His "mind of Christ" enabled me to identify Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 11:12 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My direct contact with God's consciousness did not involve visuals. I only identified Jesus as the source of the consciousness from the descriptions of His attitude and reaction to the scourging and crucifixion depicted in the Bible and His descriptions of God's Holy Spirit, NOT His physical appearance. His "mind of Christ" enabled me to identify Him.

How do you know it wasn't a demon pretending to be Jesus? Paul says,

"And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:14

Paul believed Jesus was actually an angel of the Lord. He says so. And Satan is so good at imitation that it would be a cinch for him to fool you into believing you were hooking up with Christ's consciousness. Satan knows everything about Jesus' scourging and crucifixion, right?

Old 11-10-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
How do you know it wasn't a demon pretending to be Jesus? Paul says,
"And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:14
Paul believed Jesus was actually an angel of the Lord. He says so. And Satan is so good at imitation that it would be a cinch for him to fool you into believing you were hooking up with Christ's consciousness. Satan knows everything about Jesus' scourging and crucifixion, right?
You clearly are not aware of what "direct contact and immersion" in God's consciousness are like and there is no way to describe it verbally. There can be no hidden aspect in such an immersion that would mask an evil agenda. Besides, what you suggest would make Satan (who I do not believe in, BTW) the same as God as revealed by Jesus anyway because there was nothing but an all-embracing love. Besides, don't you see a fundamental contradiction in Satan's supposed objective to take an atheist and make him a believer???

Old 11-10-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
You clearly are not aware of what "direct contact and immersion" in God's consciousness are like and there is no way to describe it verbally. There can be no hidden aspect in such an immersion that would mask an evil agenda. Besides, what you suggest would make Satan (who I do not believe in, BTW) the same as God as revealed by Jesus anyway because there was nothing but an all-embracing love. Besides, don't you see a fundamental contradiction in Satan's supposed objective to take an atheist and make him a believer???

I believe people can hallucinate visitations with Jesus just like Hindus hallucinate visitations with Vishnu and Krishna. None of it proves the gods they are having visitations with are real except to the people who are hallucinating and maybe some gullible wet behind the ears Christians who fall for this sort of nonsense. "Direct contact and immersion" that's quite a term of art but of course the reality of all this remains with the person having the experience and the people who believe them.

It's odd that you say you don't believe in Satan because according to the gospels even Jesus believed Satan was real.

Old 11-10-2022, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I believe people can hallucinate visitations with Jesus just like Hindus hallucinate visitations with Vishnu and Krishna. None of it proves the gods they are having visitations with are real except to the people who are hallucinating and maybe some gullible wet behind the ears Christians who fall for this sort of nonsense. "Direct contact and immersion" that's quite a term of art but of course the reality of all this remains with the person having the experience and the people who believe them.
It's odd that you say you don't believe in Satan because according to the gospels even Jesus believed Satan was real.
The source of our motivations that we consider evil, wicked, or whatever is what "Satan" refers to. The source is real, but it is not some supernatural entity. It is the reptilian brain within us that is the source of our motivations, but it has no discrimination and discernment. We (our Spirits) have to provide the discernment and discrimination between what is Good or Evil and avoid Evil! That is why our first lesson in Eden was the knowledge of Good and Evil. That discernment is how we become one of God's children.

Old 11-10-2022, 04:34 PM

Quote:
The source of our motivations that we consider evil, wicked, or whatever is what "Satan" refers to. The source is real, but it is not some supernatural entity. It is the reptilian brain within us that is the source of our motivations, but it has no discrimination and discernment. We (our Spirits) have to provide the discernment and discrimination between what is Good or Evil and avoid Evil! That is why our first lesson in Eden was the knowledge of Good and Evil. That discernment is how we become one of God's children.

So this was what Jesus was getting tempted by when he was in the wilderness?

Old 11-10-2022, 09:50 PM

Quote:
So this was what Jesus was getting tempted by when he was in the wilderness?
That part of our human brain is the source of all our motivations, good or bad. It has no ability to discriminate or discern what is spiritually good and what is spiritually bad, period. Only our Spirit has that ability and it must override the bad selfish motivations as Jesus did.

Old 11-11-2022, 03:50 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
Quote:
I think what you're saying here is that people who either die or have mystical experiences experience a wide variety of paranormal phenomena completely unrelated to Jesus. When somebody says, "I saw Jesus when I died" nobody ever asks, "How did you know it was Jesus? Nobody knows what he looked like. The millions of pics of him are all based on Dark Ages and Medieval drawings and paintings which came out of the minds of the artists. I'll bet Mystic had an experience with a Jesus that looked just like this:
Re: Yeshua.

Actually, when you are in that realm, where there is only thought (image + emotion), you "perceive" the identity of the other - no real body needed - you can "interpret" it as you wish. But according to Tom Campbell's TOE, we're just perceiving the "data stream" which for all intents and purposes "is" Yeshua, but as part of the Collective Consciousness. Which runs parallel to Edgar Cayce's version about the Akashic records. We're individual spirits but are also part of a collective. "One with the Father..."

A crude analogy is that of blood cells in our body. Each cell is an individual, but part of the one body. From the perspective of the cell, it may be created, function, and then die, but the overall collective body continues. Likewise, when we depart our meat bags, we find that we're individuals as well as part of a greater "C"onsciousness. Personally, I'm grateful for the chance to exist and experience, and have no objections with big "C"... even when suffering crap. It's better than boredom - against that which even the gods struggle in vain. LOL.

FWIW - a talented young girl, Akiane, painted "Jesus" when she was eight . . . if you're interested, you can look into the back story.

Old 11-11-2022, 05:48 AM

20,022 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Actually, when you are in that realm, where there is only thought (image + emotion), you "perceive" the identity of the other - no real body needed - you can "interpret" it as you wish. But according to Tom Campbell's TOE, we're just perceiving the "data stream" which for all intents and purposes "is" Yeshua, but as part of the Collective Consciousness. Which runs parallel to Edgar Cayce's version about the Akashic records. We're individual spirits but are also part of a collective. "One with the Father..."

A crude analogy is that of blood cells in our body. Each cell is an individual, but part of the one body. From the perspective of the cell, it may be created, function, and then die, but the overall collective body continues. Likewise, when we depart our meat bags, we find that we're individuals as well as part of a greater "C"onsciousness. Personally, I'm grateful for the chance to exist and experience, and have no objections with big "C"... even when suffering crap. It's better than boredom - against that which even the gods struggle in vain. LOL.
One is also put in mind if Jung's ideas of a collective unconscious. I think there may well be something to the notion that we have epigenetic and subconscious influences from the rest of humanity, present and past. I think personally that it is overreach to term that "consciousness" and even if it's not overreach, I have no idea how we would be able to do much beyond sheer speculation in that regard. This tends to degenerate into wishful thinking.

If I am, metaphorically, a blood cell, it is of little relevance to me that the body as a whole continues on past my demise. If I am a drop of consciousness being subsumed into some oceanic totality when I die, I still cease to exist as anything recognizably myself. And I have to be okay with that. And am okay with it.

Old 11-11-2022, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Re: Yeshua.

FWIW - a talented young girl, Akiane, painted "Jesus" when she was eight . . . if you're interested, you can look into the back story.

Yes, I know the story. Her pic of Jesus is just a more hip, sexy version of the guy below who is what Swartzenegger would call a girlie-man. In other words the girl didn't see squat. She imagined it from hundreds of pics of Jesus she's seen all her life:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality