Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2022, 09:56 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Yeah, Im just trying to get to the point where I see myself as someone who deserves to be taken care of. I've talked with other trauma survivors and we have a way of treating ourselves like crap. I had a discussion with someone on here and we were trying to figure out what self love looked like. I'm getting better so in my world it looks like quitting smoking, eating healthy, saying no and getting gas on the way home instead of in the morning when I am rushed.

The divine couple gives me the ability to step outside myself and treat myself like anyone else I love.
Quitting smoking is a good one. Sure glad I did about a decade ago...

Otherwise, is trying to become someone who deserves to be taken care of the best goal for you to try to achieve? Curious. I am not certain I know exactly what that means, but I do know we are all best to believe we should take care of ourselves. If that's what you mean, then yes. Keep working on that as we all do (or should) to some extent or another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2022, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are so conditioned to BEING the observer, scrutinizer, and questioner and associating it with your physical body YOU are definitely one who misses it! Your physical body is NOT doing any observing, scrutinizing, or questioning! Your Soul (or Spirit) IS!
Of course I am not at all surprised you would comment so, and also of course we see this sort of thing quite differently. Just as me being an observer has had me notice most of us view these matters differently one way or another. For all our very human reasons, but I think for all of us, there is a truth we can all share here. If whatever we may be missing (or seeing or believing) allows us to live the life we aspire to live, then so be it! What's missing, or whatever might be missing, why be concerned?

Or better yet, maybe it's nothing that is missing. That's more to my way of thinking.

In any case, it's very hard for one to feel they are missing something if they don't feel a lacking of anything. Right?

Old 12-13-2022, 10:30 AM

4,085 posts, read 878,741 times
People can try to do things to feed their soul, but without doing it for God the way He says to do it, there won't be an eternal gain from it, and there won't be the receiving of the Holy Spirit for it.

Old 12-13-2022, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
People can try to do things to feed their soul, but without doing it for God the way He says to do it, there won't be an eternal gain from it, and there won't be the receiving of the Holy Spirit for it.
Back when I was a practicing Christian/Catholic, I used to firmly believe the same thing. Then over time I came to realize this is not true at all. For a good many reasons I'm not sure there is any point to enumerate or explain again here. Mostly just to say it's perfectly okay to believe otherwise, despite what lots of people like to argue otherwise. Not only okay but I'd say also more appropriate.

Old 12-13-2022, 11:00 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
I was just thinking about the new head principal that showed up my first year of high school. He was a real jerk and wore a cowboy hat that had a plastic cover on it like you see on a couch. He used to impress himself as if he knew every soul in school. This happened at least a dozen times in my four years there, that he walked up to a group of kids I was among and he would go around the circle one by one and point at each kid and say their name, and every time he got to me, he didn't know my name, and I never told him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
As the Buddha is famous for saying, "you gotta let that crap go."
I don't know how you came up with that. I was glad that he never knew my name, and it was quite funny when he got to me and started uncomfortably going uummm, uuhhh with a confused look on his face and I stood there silent, till he moved on.

He came to the school to be the new sheriff in town. The town and school was a story in itself, and it was because of a story that was published in Time magazine that they hired him. I did have a couple of run ins with him. And it wasn't like I blended in with all the other kids, with a muscular stocky build and long dark hair that I grew for 4 years from 7th grade till 10th grade, all the way down to my waist and then I cut it. Most people thought I was Native American and when they asked I always told them I wasn't, they wouldn't believe me.

He showed up at my 10 year class reunion and still didn't know my name. I was like an enigma to him.

I have lived a hard life and it shows now, and all the youthful looks are long gone. I just spend my time in my paint work trying to make things look nice for others.

Old 12-13-2022, 11:11 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Quitting smoking is a good one. Sure glad I did about a decade ago...

Otherwise, is trying to become someone who deserves to be taken care of the best goal for you to try to achieve? Curious. I am not certain I know exactly what that means, but I do know we are all best to believe we should take care of ourselves. If that's what you mean, then yes. Keep working on that as we all do (or should) to some extent or another.
I've quit so many times. Just did again and it took the sugar with it. Yeah! I AM someone who deserves to be taken care of, everyone is. I am not trying to become I am. Some people will understand this when I say I demand things of myself I would never expect out of anyone else. I was used to be treated like a means to an end so that's how I treat myself.

Old 12-13-2022, 11:17 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
I don't know how you came up with that. I was glad that he never knew my name, and it was quite funny when he got to me and started uncomfortably going uummm, uuhhh with a confused look on his face and I stood there silent, till he moved on.

He came to the school to be the new sheriff in town. The town and school was a story in itself, and it was because of a story that was published in Time magazine that they hired him. I did have a couple of run ins with him. And it wasn't like I blended in with all the other kids, with a muscular stocky build and long dark hair that I grew for 4 years from 7th grade till 10th grade, all the way down to my waist and then I cut it. Most people thought I was Native American and when they asked I always told them I wasn't, they wouldn't believe me.

He showed up at my 10 year class reunion and still didn't know my name. I was like an enigma to him.

I have lived a hard life and it shows now, and all the youthful looks are long gone. I just spend my time in my paint work trying to make things look nice for others.
it is always good to read your posts chief, and inspiring too

Old 12-13-2022, 03:58 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
My religion guides me in this one, and of course it's not for everyone.
To feed the soul, you need to praise God and ask for forgiveness (no is an angel and everyone has made mistakes), in peaceful and quite environment. With all sincerity. This is a continuous process that should be done multiple times a day.
And then if it results in you becoming a meek, docile, and a forgiving person who has mercy for other human beings, he gives more and takes less, then your soul is getting fed.
Physical and spiritual food go hand in hand because one's soul must eat literal food - Deuteronomy 12:20
Yes, all can benefit from 'spiritual' food to feed the soul - Hebrews 5:12-14.
Starting with the 'milk' of God's Word, and then to advance to the more 'meaty' parts.- Proverbs 2:10-11
In other words, don't remain ' green ' but press on to spiritual mature feeding.- Matthew:16:26
Remember that one does Not go back to being immature but like a ripe fruit that can go bad it does not return to being green/immature fruit but will become rotten, and then destroyed. - Acts 3:23

Old 12-13-2022, 04:35 PM

4,085 posts, read 878,741 times
Quote:
Back when I was a practicing Christian/Catholic, I used to firmly believe the same thing. Then over time I came to realize this is not true at all. For a good many reasons I'm not sure there is any point to enumerate or explain again here. Mostly just to say it's perfectly okay to believe otherwise, despite what lots of people like to argue otherwise. Not only okay but I'd say also more appropriate.
Without Jesus, what do you got?

Old 12-13-2022, 07:52 PM

1,480 posts, read 480,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
it is always good to read your posts chief, and inspiring too
It is nice to hear some kind words.

After reading your post, I started thinking of inspiration. Inspiration is a big part of life. I always feel like I must build stuff. And when I see colors I always want to paint something.

I figure the inspiration of seeing a final product carries a person through everything they must face. Most of my inspirations are positive in nature, and in this world there are many corrupt inspirations.

I love inspiration from God because I can see where it leads. Plants grow toward the light of the sun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality