Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2023, 12:42 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,272,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
Yes he is.

What kind of Jewish teaching is it if they don't mention Jesus.

The talmud speaks against Jesus.
So you haven't studied the talmud or read the references I gave. Understood -- maybe learning things that require you rethink your dogma makes you uncomfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2023, 12:44 PM

927 posts, read 761,929 times
South Florida. They say God wanted the animal sacrifice to see if you would follow Gods word. There's no possible way that part was made up by some wacko because he wanted the feast afterwards or whatever. Its true, if Trump said to murder they would.

Old 05-11-2023, 12:46 PM

551 posts, read 193,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
So you haven't studied the talmud or read the references I gave. Understood -- maybe learning things that require you rethink your dogma makes you uncomfortable.
The Learning Zone is the Discomfort Zone.

The Comfort Zone is the Familiar Zone.

Old 05-11-2023, 01:24 PM

50,941 posts, read 24,441,927 times
Quote:
I have been debating him and he is not knowledgeable he says blood didn't have to be shed. I have already explained it to you before that Jesus says not to call anyone Rabbi, and you are doing it and want me to go by someone who goes against Jesus and rejects him, but I won't. The Jews since Jesus go by the Talmud, many teachings that are not in the Old Testament and teachings that came after Jesus.

You are not unbiased when it comes to me because I prove false teachings and know the truth. So no matter what I say you will go against me.
Just because your beliefs are that no one knows the truth it does not make it so and it doesn't mean I have to believe that I don't know the truth.
Quit playing the martyr.

Old 05-11-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
That is our choice.
Yes it is. Get over it. It's called freedom of thought and freedom of choice.

Old 05-11-2023, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Blood had to be shed. That is what the Bible says.

You keep bringing up the scripture about someone not being able to afford an animal, even a bird, but I keep explaining that to be in a covenant with God and be atoned for you sins---the priest sacrifices lambs FOR ALL THE JEWS.

What ridiculousness. You don't even know that the talmud didn't exist during Jesus' time, and the moderator here wants me to get knowledge from you. lol

The talmud contains the teachings and opinion of thousand of rabbis on a variety of subjects. It is a collection of rabbinical writings that interpret, and explain the Torah scriptures to their own liking. Judaism and the talmud reject Jesus as the Messiah.

How do you think that Jesus read things that were written that speak against him.
Easy for you to say...because you're not the one shedding any blood.

Old 05-11-2023, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Another good reason to reject the Bible and Bible God as legit. You actually believe that the Creator of the Universe required animal sacrifices during the bronze age and then changed his mind after he sacrificed himself on a Roman torture device. Well I guess God MADE the Romans invent crucifixion since it was part of his "plan".

Blood atonement for sin probably made perfect sense to people of that period of time. But in retrospect it is bizarre and makes no sense. Just a waste of animals.
Well stated.

Old 05-11-2023, 01:37 PM

1,488 posts, read 483,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
In what sense do you mean this? How do you know it? It isn't exactly true.
From being given the opportunity to listen to and talk with frum Jews for many years. And I miss them.

I figure you could consider that it became inter-twined and I did touch on that in my post. I don't look to the written oral tradition though. I look past it to see what God says in His word and seek clarity and not filtered through another set of writings.

Old 05-11-2023, 01:39 PM

63,908 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Another good reason to reject the Bible and Bible God as legit. You actually believe that the Creator of the Universe required animal sacrifices during the bronze age and then changed his mind after he sacrificed himself on a Roman torture device. Well I guess God MADE the Romans invent crucifixion since it was part of his "plan".

Blood atonement for sin probably made perfect sense to people of that period of time. But in retrospect it is bizarre and makes no sense. Just a waste of animals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well stated.
Another instance of agreement, Phet!

Old 05-11-2023, 01:55 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,272,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
From being given the opportunity to listen to and talk with frum Jews for many years. And I miss them.

I figure you could consider that it became inter-twined and I did touch on that in my post. I don't look to the written oral tradition though. I look past it to see what God says in His word and seek clarity and not filtered through another set of writings.
But I don't understand in what way "the Talmud is given precedence over the Torah". There is one case in which one could say that (though it is inexact) but I don't know in what other sense any Jew would say that the Talmud is given precedence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality