Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2023, 01:58 PM

1,479 posts, read 478,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
But I don't understand in what way "the Talmud is given precedence over the Torah". There is one case in which one could say that (though it is inexact) but I don't know in what other sense any Jew would say that the Talmud is given precedence.
I figure it comes down to what you look too first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2023, 02:00 PM

2,675 posts, read 1,263,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
I figure it comes down to what you look too first.
that all depends on what I'm looking for. For some things, we go to codes of law, for others, biblical verses and for some, a series of conversations to develop an idea. None takes precedence though.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:01 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,849 times
Quote:
And yet Leviticus says that the person can achieve atonement through flour and without blood. Insisting that blood HAS to be shed is therefore wrong.
No such thing as no blood being required to atone for sins no matter how often you deny it.

Even if a person could not afford an animal to sacrifice---there had to be blood used by the priests.

Leviticus 17:11
For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for your souls upon the altar; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.

Ezekiel 43:18
Then He said to me: "Son of man, this is what the Lord GOD says: 'These are the statutes for the altar on the day it is constructed, so that burnt offerings may be sacrificed on it and blood may be sprinkled on it:

Quote:

This process was established in the desert and continued before and during the temples' existences.
Sacrificing animals to God was done in the Adam and Eve days, and even by Noah in the Ark.

Quote:

Certainly it existed as it dates back to Sinai. Jesus, himself, endorsed it by telling people to listen to the teachings of the Pharisees, and the Pharisees taught the talmud.
The talmud did not exist yet.

Give the word 'talmud' in the Bible.

The talmud is the writing of the Jews rabbis' and how they explain the Old Testament, thus making new rules and regulations not in the the Old Testament---not according to the Christian Bible.

I don't go go the teachings of those who call themselves "rabbis", nor do I go by anyone who calls themselves "Father", or "Teacher".

I go by Jesus and the scriptures from Genesis to Malachi to Matthew to Revelation---as taught to me by Jesus himself.

God hasn't spoken through the prophets to the Jews since Jesus. Jesus is the last Prophet we have from God.

All were bound to the same place---the faithless Jews with the disobedient Gentiles.

All have to get reconciled to God through Jesus---the Gentiles and the Jews.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:06 PM

Quote:
So you haven't studied the talmud or read the references I gave. Understood -- maybe learning things that require you rethink your dogma makes you uncomfortable.
The talmud didn't exist until after Jesus. It is just a compilation of Jewish rabbis giving their thoughts and beliefs on the Old Testament.

Just like the Qur'an, it speaks of Jesus too, but not as the Bible does.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Quit playing the martyr.
Quit lying about me. Keep your silly opinions about me to yourself. Would you like me to tell you here what I think of you?

Old 05-11-2023, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Yes it is. Get over it. It's called freedom of thought and freedom of choice.
You are playing games trying saying what I say to you.

This apologist doesn't twist anything about the Bible and you shouldn't reply to a thread if you can't handle a different belief than yours.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Easy for you to say...because you're not the one shedding any blood.
The Bible warns me of mockers.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:18 PM

1,479 posts, read 478,936 times
Quote:
that all depends on what I'm looking for. For some things, we go to codes of law, for others, biblical verses and for some, a series of conversations to develop an idea. None takes precedence though.
When that generation was lead to the promised land, Joshua and Caleb believed what God had said, and looked forward to seeing God's word to Abraham fulfilled. The others who were sent to spy the land were filled with the fear of being sent to their demise and chose not to enter the promised land, and they ended up taking precedence over what Joshua and Caleb had reported. And then spent the next 40 years wandering the desert.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:19 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
The talmud didn't exist until after Jesus. It is just a compilation of Jewish rabbis giving their thoughts and beliefs on the Old Testament.

Just like the Qur'an, it speaks of Jesus too, but not as the Bible does.
What qualifications do you have to tell a rabbi what the Talmud is or is not??? That is amazingly arrogant, IMO.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:21 PM

Quote:
And yet Leviticus says that the person can achieve atonement through flour and without blood. Insisting that blood HAS to be shed is therefore wrong.

On Yom Kippur, the priest sacrifices a bull and a goat and mixes their bloods for the communal atonement-sprinkling (though even that atonement has limitations). Another goat is pushed off a cliff to help with atonement but is not exactly a sacrifice. There were 7 lambs offered on Yom Kippur, and 7 offered on 5 other holidays but they are not for atonement.

This process was established in the desert and continued before and during the temples' existences.

Certainly it existed as it dates back to Sinai. Jesus, himself, endorsed it by telling people to listen to the teachings of the Pharisees, and the Pharisees taught the talmud. Maybe you just don't know what the talmud is.

Actually, it has the statements and teachings of under 1,600 sages. It is a collection of laws, material contemporary to the sinai experience, explanations, applications, arguments and other material.

True. Why accept someone who lacked the personal qualities and failed in the tasks required to be considered a messianic leader?

I'm assuming, right to left. Why?
Again, I only go by the preserved words of God in the Holy Bible.

I do not go by teachings of men, not those who call themselves "Rabbi", "Father", and "Teacher".

Jesus is by Rabbi and Teacher and Father.

There is only one way to get Jesus as those things and it is if you do what he says to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality