Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2023, 07:27 AM

2,786 posts, read 2,684,471 times

Advertisements

Enemy of Jews, Christians and Muslims
He is also the enemy of all humanity
The enemy of any human being, young or old, male or female
His goal and plans are to give a miserable life to every person and make them do evil things against themselves or others
This is the goal in this life and his alternative goal is to make him choose the path of hell in the last life
He envies any human being

O mankind! Verily, the Promise of Allah is true.
So let not this present life deceive you,
and let not the chief deceiver (Satan) deceive you about Allah.

Surely, Shaitan (Satan) is an enemy to you,

so take (treat) him as an enemy.
He only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire.

Old 11-18-2023, 10:04 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,756,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
Enemy of Jews, Christians and Muslims
He is also the enemy of all humanity
The enemy of any human being, young or old, male or female
His goal and plans are to give a miserable life to every person and make them do evil things against themselves or others
This is the goal in this life and his alternative goal is to make him choose the path of hell in the last life
He envies any human being

O mankind! Verily, the Promise of Allah is true.
So let not this present life deceive you,
and let not the chief deceiver (Satan) deceive you about Allah.

Surely, Shaitan (Satan) is an enemy to you,

so take (treat) him as an enemy.
He only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire.
I think you really should change your moniker.

Maybe to something like "Believe it or not..."

Old 11-18-2023, 12:23 PM

63,907 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I think you really should change your moniker.

Maybe to something like "Believe it or not..."
I believe that we mistakenly think that logic is inherent to our consciousness, but Professionally, I have observed that it is highly dependent on culture and learning. It is uniquely manifest in individuals from diverse cultures. I have coined the phrase "psycho-logic" to capture its diversity. The OP uses a uniquely Islamic "psycho-logic" that is strange to Western minds.

Old 11-18-2023, 02:44 PM

2,786 posts, read 2,684,471 times
Satan has no influence or power over a person,
but he has the ability to whisper in his chest to make him decide to do something that have result at first is joyful,
but the end result is very painful.
Satan has the ability to make something bad beautiful.

Satan does not come to a person and command him to do evil directly but he does it via many steps

and he decived Adam and Eve in steps to make the disopey Allah and eat from the tree

first he said him
O Adam! Shall I lead you to the Tree of Eternity and to a kingdom that will never waste away
and said
Your Lord has not forbidden you this tree except that you may not both become two angels or that you may (not) become of the immortals.
and said
I swear by Allah I am loyal advisor to both of you

then after he sweard to them by Allah they both accepted his advise
and forgot the warning of Allah to them regrading Iblis (satan) that he is enemy to them

And indeed We made a covenant with Adam before,
but he forgot, and We found on his part no firm will-power.
And (remember) when We said to the angels: "Prostrate yourselves to Adam."
They prostrated themselves (all) except Iblis (Satan) he refused.
Then We said: "O Adam! Verily, this is an enemy to you and to your wife.
So let him not get you both out of Paradise, so that you will be distressed.
Verily, you have (a promise from Us) that you will never be hungry therein nor naked.
And you (will) suffer not from thirst therein nor from the sun's heat.
Then Shaitan (Satan) whispered to him, saying:
"O Adam! Shall I lead you to the Tree of Eternity and to a kingdom that will never waste away?"
Then they both ate of the tree, and so their private parts became manifest to them,
and they began to cover themselves with the leaves of the Paradise for their covering.
Thus did Adam disobey his Lord, so he went astray.
Then his Lord chose him, and turned to him with forgiveness, and gave him guidance.

Adam and Eve commited a sin and Allah punished them by exiting them from Paradise
and they repented and asked Allah forgivness and Allah forave them.

we do not inherent that sin
that story is finish
we born without any sin
Jesus was not crucified and does not pay or carry other,s sins

O you who believe! do not follow the footsteps of the Shaitan,
and whoever follows the footsteps of the Shaitan, then surely he bids the doing of indecency and evil;
and were it not for Allah's grace upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have ever been pure,
but Allah purifies whom He pleases;
and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

Last edited by truth_teller; 11-18-2023 at 03:29 PM..

Old 11-18-2023, 03:40 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,036,927 times
People who listen to the menace satan and his hoards usually have no hope, and many people just fall into suicide.......... See satan was there when God created man to be His family in the world, which rejected satan and his arrogance so satan made his plan to stop God plan and his creation in the earth............ In the earth, Guyana has the highest suicide rate in the world with 40 percent fall there this year 2023.......... People can ignore this call of the dark spirits just by resisting ........ With Jesus, Many believers can pray and rip these dark spirits out of their place to be resisting with prayer called `authority of the believer `

Old 11-19-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I believe that we mistakenly think that logic is inherent to our consciousness, but Professionally, I have observed that it is highly dependent on culture and learning. It is uniquely manifest in individuals from diverse cultures. I have coined the phrase "psycho-logic" to capture its diversity. The OP uses a uniquely Islamic "psycho-logic" that is strange to Western minds.
There is a simpler explanation in my professional opinion, but you go with yours if it helps you any...

Old 11-19-2023, 08:34 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,097,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
People who listen to the menace satan and his hoards usually have no hope, and many people just fall into suicide.......... See satan was there when God created man to be His family in the world, which rejected satan and his arrogance so satan made his plan to stop God plan and his creation in the earth............ In the earth, Guyana has the highest suicide rate in the world with 40 percent fall there this year 2023.......... People can ignore this call of the dark spirits just by resisting ........ With Jesus, Many believers can pray and rip these dark spirits out of their place to be resisting with prayer called `authority of the believer `
From what I understand Islam is THE ONLY religion that provides good HOPE for the hereafter. And that too IF one supports his faith in God by worship AND by works (try to live a morally cautious life, and put your best efforts in doing what’s good and avoiding what’s forbidden. If you make a mistake or a sin, MAKE UP FOR IT and THEN repent with full honesty and intention to not do it again).

All other faiths provide “Guarantee” without much of a focus on works. All you need is to have is the belief. And a guarantee of Heaven is provided.

And to me, it’s only wishful thinking.

But again, we are free to make our choices.
I think we should use our intelligence and logic to do our research and arrive to logically solid conclusions and make wise choices - because in the end, we will be responsible for our choices.

Old 11-19-2023, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
From what I understand Islam is THE ONLY religion that provides good HOPE for the hereafter. And that too IF one supports his faith in God by worship AND by works (try to live a morally cautious life, and put your best efforts in doing what’s good and avoiding what’s forbidden. If you make a mistake or a sin, MAKE UP FOR IT and THEN repent with full honesty and intention to not do it again).

All other faiths provide “Guarantee” without much of a focus on works. All you need is to have is the belief. And a guarantee of Heaven is provided.

I think we should use our intelligence and logic to do our research and arrive to logically solid conclusions and make wise choices - because in the end, we will be responsible for our choices.
I am an atheist but once-upon-a-time a Christian/Catholic. As such, I don't think you are correct to describe all other faiths the way you do. The Bible, for example, provides many a "lesson" about how people should live and how we should "focus on works" of those kinds. For example, Gospel of Matthew (7:12): “In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you."

Not much of a guarantee either far as I remember, or there wouldn't be so much fear of going to hell among "people of other faiths" either.

Just saying...

Old 11-19-2023, 10:36 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,097,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I am an atheist but once-upon-a-time a Christian/Catholic. As such, I don't think you are correct to describe all other faiths the way you do. The Bible, for example, provides many a "lesson" about how people should live and how we should "focus on works" of those kinds. For example, Gospel of Matthew (7:12): “In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you."

Not much of a guarantee either far as I remember, or there wouldn't be so much fear of going to hell among "people of other faiths" either.

Just saying...
Yep, that seems like the truthful and more logical doctrine but I think there is an extremely minor number of Christians who totally believe in this old and original school of thought.

The majority of masses have been led to believe in the modern day Christianity that form a belief that Jesus is your savor and the only way and you are saved from the hellfire. And to make it even more attractive, once saved is always saved.
Works, basically go out of the window.

Old 11-19-2023, 10:54 AM

63,907 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

The bold reveals the major fault with Islam (and most religions). It is the idea that we are supposed to OBEY rules claimed to be commanded by God. We are NOT "pets" or "slaves" in obedience training! We are "offspring" who are supposed to mature our human Spirits (minds) to match God's Holy Spirit as closely as possible. That refers to our MIND and that makes ALL "sins" what Harry calls "thought crimes" because they reflect what we desire and who we are BECOMING. God is concerned with what we are BECOMING, period! Worship is NOT for God. It is to evoke the proper state of mind (Spirit) in us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality