Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 10:30 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times

Advertisements

God created consciousness, and human ideas do not slip into his consciousness, and thats how I would like to be. In Isaiah 40:17;" All the nations are as nothing before him, they are reguarded by him as Less than nothing and meaningless." What humans think is reguarded by God as less than nothing and meaningless, because God is the purpose in life, what humans feel their purpose is, what we think our words mean, are not only nothing to God, but good greif, LESS than nothing, which is an absolute math. Absolutely zero. Because all of our wisdom combined, is still worth absolutely nothing. Once this is understood and believed, then an awful humility creeps into the picture. You can know that you are nothing, and what you think is really about nothing. Then instead of searching for value in yourself, or others, you search for the being who holds the true value.

This is a tone many cannot hear or accept, because they place so much value in theirselves, their thoughts, and conversely place so much value in others words and thoughts. I understand that. Its all many know how to do.

The beginning of understanding God is to place value in only he who has created our lives.

Peace.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:54 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,797 times
I think when God knows you are seeking Him he will show Himself to you. You always have to base your beliefs on God and His word not on the Christians. People will fail you, not always on purpose, but God will never fail you.
Bless you on your journey....
Seek and you will find....

Old 08-25-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
I think when God knows you are seeking Him he will show Himself to you. You always have to base your beliefs on God and His word not on the Christians. People will fail you, not always on purpose, but God will never fail you.
Bless you on your journey....
Seek and you will find....

Well said my brother, and well received. Our God bless you also.

Peace.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:55 AM

897 posts, read 2,457,983 times
Ecclesiastes
Chapter 12
13. The end of the matter, everything having been heard, fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the entire man.14. For every deed God will bring to judgment-for every hidden thing, whether good or bad.

The word commandment Synonym is Law.
Torah Definition by God is Law, Commandment or Instruction. Therefore The Torah is God instruction of the Commandments and to say they are meaning goes against God himself.

Last edited by shibainu; 08-26-2008 at 09:33 AM..

Old 08-26-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Ecclesiastes
Chapter 12
13. The end of the matter, everything having been heard, fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the entire man.14. For every deed God will bring to judgment-for every hidden thing, whether good or bad.

The word commandment Synonym is Law.
Torah Definition by God is Law, Commandment or Instruction. Therefore The Torah is God instruction of the Commandments and to say they are meaning goes against God himself.

Well I am not one to try and take away a crutch from someone who needs it to walk, but in my view, the Old covenant, or the old laws, have been done away with, and God installed a New Covenant. The Laws are no Longer needed. The Torah is no longer needed.

But if you sek to magnify what God has decreased, then thats just your need and belief.

I no longer need them. I need Gods Love and Grace, and on those two things he hung the law on the cross of Christ. Against Love and Grace there is no law.

Peace.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Well I am not one to try and take away a crutch from someone who needs it to walk, but in my view, the Old covenant, or the old laws, have been done away with, and God installed a New Covenant. The Laws are no Longer needed. The Torah is no longer needed.

But if you sek to magnify what God has decreased, then thats just your need and belief.

I no longer need them. I need Gods Love and Grace, and on those two things he hung the law on the cross of Christ. Against Love and Grace there is no law.

Peace.

In 1Corinth. 9:19-21, I like what the Apostle Paul says about those who NEED to be under the Law. Paul considered himself as free from the Law, or any set of Law that people need to subject themselves to in order to be righteous. And Paul introduced what is called " The Law of Christ." It is a Law of freedom, freedom from sin and Laws, and subject only to Gods Love.

Peace.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:24 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Mickiel,
I agree with you based on Isaiah55:9.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Until the time of our redemption, we are stuck in a small 3D world with a limited perspective of the spirit realm or even beginning to comprehend the concept of eternity. It's not that God doesn't WANT to share....but He said if He did we couldn't understand it anyway. How are we possibly going to comprehend the master creator of the universe?

The beauty of it all is that this is only a short journey and He has given us His Spirit and Jesus to guide us through it. And in the end....we will understand all things.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Mickiel,
I agree with you based on Isaiah55:9.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Until the time of our redemption, we are stuck in a small 3D world with a limited perspective of the spirit realm or even beginning to comprehend the concept of eternity. It's not that God doesn't WANT to share....but He said if He did we couldn't understand it anyway. How are we possibly going to comprehend the master creator of the universe?

The beauty of it all is that this is only a short journey and He has given us His Spirit and Jesus to guide us through it. And in the end....we will understand all things.

Well I understand what you are saying, but I don't see God giving his Spirit out to anyone as of yet, we differ there. I think the Spirit " Visits" certain people at certain times, but it does not remain within them perminently. I think thats a future thing for a future people God will set apart. Those now claiming it have simply set themselves apart and taken the kingdom by the violence of their own lust for Gods Spirit.

Which I can understand, its a great thing to desire. The real beginning of understanding God, is to understand that he has NOT called you yet, something pride prevents many from being able to do.

Peace.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:27 PM

I have a nagging suspiction that God has not even given his Spirit out to anyone as of yet. The Spirit may be with a few, but not in them perminently. And this has been bugging at me for quite some time. Because if it is true, then that would mean that all spirituality on earth has been man manufactored, generated by the power of people.

Ohwhat that would mean if this e true. It would mean whole churchs, whole citys, whole nations can think themselves annointed, but really are not.

Wow.

Peace.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:54 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,797 times
Spend time in the New Testament. Get a Bible commentary or concordance and do some word studies and see what the Bible has to say. Like this last post about the Holy Spirit. Spend some time in God's word and see what it has to say on different subjects. You will find the Bible come alive and work deep into your heart.
You will find that God works from the inside out. The Bible says you only need the faith of a mustard seed and go from there...Bless you on your journey..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality