Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2010, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,886 times

Advertisements

This was too good for me to resist!

I registered after reading the post below - I feel no need to say who I am - let my name say it all.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, "family member of Joy".

Knowing Joyce Elaine's full name or even her maiden name or the name of her first husband doesn't prove anything at all - you might just be an ex-chela who heard her mention it in class - it's common knowledge...so what does it matter?

And even if you were a member of her family, how are we to know that you're not simply venting your rage over Joy's involvement with MasterPath, or over some other family feud that you've had?

How many families don't have feuds? Not many that I know of.

Good day to you.

Mr MP Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpathcrock View Post
I am a family member of Joy, her given name is Joyce Elaine, Olsen and she is the biggest liar and manipulator that I know. She is the biggest disgrace to our family and I sincerly warn anyone considering listening to her spew her crap to walk away. She can not be trusted.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:19 PM

268 posts, read 457,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpathrocks View Post

I registered after reading the post below - I feel no need to say who I am - let my name say it all.

Knowing Joyce Elaine's full name or even her maiden name or the name of her first husband doesn't prove anything at all - you might just be an ex-chela who heard her mention it in class - it's common knowledge...so what does it matter?

And even if you were a member of her family, how are we to know that you're not simply venting your rage over Joy's involvement with MasterPath, or over some other family feud that you've had?

Good day to you.

Mr MP Rocks
Whether masterpathcrock is a relative of Joyce or not - either way there's a lot of information on this thread that should cause one to question her character.

This was really the one post you couldn't resist, masterpathrocks? Funny.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:57 PM

138 posts, read 244,914 times
Default Masterpathrocks? You have got to be kidding right?

Does it not even strike your understanding as even possibly being a just a little off kilter that Joyce would have such a destructive wake in her path with her family (given the response) that it would be indicative of a failure to actually manifest the love that she and Gary profess to carry as god realized individuals, and bring peace to those relationships?

Do you actually look at people's behavior, I mean more specifically do their stated values match their actions? Does that even register in your level of discernment and awareness?

The other reason why I ask is simply there is far too much in the way of information about Gary, Joyce, and the manipulative techniques that they use on the MP that I have seriously question your ability to reason, discern and discriminate anything from an objective viewpoint.

I might suggest that you really take a look at people's behavior over the long term and discern with a bit more discrimination, as it simply makes you be perceived as a complete and total fool to accept something at face value without having done your homework with eventual result of you being a victim to others agendas.

God help you, oh yeah that's right you think you found him.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:30 PM

28 posts, read 47,071 times
Quote:

Greetings MP Rocks,

Sounds like you are also familiar with some discord among the family members of the Olsens? You are right, we all have our "disputes" with others, and we can only read here what others have to say, then relate that to what we know for ourselves. Seems relatively plain to me: that the "organizers" of MaterPath are pretty human, just like the rest of us. Anyone should sincerely question whether these people really have so much more "divinity" than the rest of us: - convincing us how "incapable" we are without them, to the point of instructing us on anything and everything we may think and act upon.

Speaking from my first-hand experience: viewing the video clips on the MasterPath web site Gary appears to be a reasonably nice guy who has some "interesting" material to think about. After having had the opportunity to listen to advanced MP tapes it became clear to me that something is seriously amiss. A "guru" speaking about intangible effects as if he knows all and has an answer for everything; nothing is left for the listener to “digest” and decide for themselves. It left me with no doubt: that whoever is listening to these tapes has to be "zonked out" and not in a “self-cognizant” state of mind. I can explain it as being "hypnotized" in terms of psychology, or being "possessed" in terms occult philosophy. I also have my experiences inside other cults to draw on, and can recognize what is going on from my episodes in those. Anyone who has never been "inside" has no clue what truely goes on; which explains why so little is ever done to "question" such groups. Calling someone a fraud or a charlatan means nothing, except to display a complete lack of knowledge. I can truly understand the dilemmas a devotee can face: like having to decide whether to take the poisoned kool-aid, do as the Master (Jim Jones) instructs and follow him to "heaven", or to remain behind in the preconceived perils of "hell". How easy it is to simply “let go”; let someone else decide and take control, to just hand over all your heart and soul to the "Master". Of the over 900 suicide victims of Jonestown, only a meager few (four or five I think) had sufficient fortitude to run away and escape (that’s less than 1%). That’s why I’m here. To try and persuade anyone, convince anyone, who will read and listen. Who has been misled (from my perspective: - from on the "outside" and looking in. Which is indeed quite different from: - being on the "inside" and looking in). To think for themselves, be responsible for themselves, to believe in themselves! Just enough to make a difference. To give rise to your best decisions, if You are ready. To find Your own true Path, on the Journey.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:41 PM

Question The Road to Xenu

Violet! You previously expressed an interest in my accounts in Scientology. Here’s a revealing link to Margery’s story, which I think you and others will appreciate and gain some insight from. What can go on, on the “inside” of these places. What one can be led to Believe:

The Road to Xenu

"I still have nightmares about Scientology. The healing process continues. But I am free. And having been once deceived by a great master of deception, I know I can never be deceived in the same way again. I will never again cede away the deed to my mind, not to anyone, no matter how convincing they may be. My freedom has been purchased at a tremendous cost, and neither my freedom nor my mind will ever be for sale again." - Margery Wakefield

Old 07-21-2010, 02:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,307 times
Default insult

I find it HIGHLY insulting that the following post even considers me to be apart of Masterpath. I am a family member, niece in fact, and was simply trying to warn people that there is much more to Joyce than what you see. You make your own choice, and no, this is not a part a family feud. I just feel for the people that her and Gary manage to brainwash into their organization. I have known her longer than any of you or even Gary. No need to insult me, just trying to get the correct information out there so noone else is hurt by her deceptive practices. Enjoy writing those monthly checks!

Quote:

Good day to you.

Mr MP Rocks

Old 07-22-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeker0 View Post
Violet! You previously expressed an interest in my accounts in Scientology. Here’s a revealing link to Margery’s story, which I think you and others will appreciate and gain some insight from. What can go on, on the “inside” of these places. What one can be led to Believe:

The Road to Xenu

"I still have nightmares about Scientology. The healing process continues. But I am free. And having been once deceived by a great master of deception, I know I can never be deceived in the same way again. I will never again cede away the deed to my mind, not to anyone, no matter how convincing they may be. My freedom has been purchased at a tremendous cost, and neither my freedom nor my mind will ever be for sale again." - Margery Wakefield
Thank you Zeeker. I finally finished reading that link and I continue to be blown away by all I'm learning from people like you on this thread - about the nature of cults...people who start them, people who find themselves in them, and people who find their way out of them.

There's a lot I'd like to post about Gary Olsen's books, the link posted above, and the Andrea Diem-Lane book The Guru in America - all of which I've been reading while traveling recently. A decent synopsis will take some more time. Especially since I know current chelas are reading this thread with eagle's eye desperately searching for the smallest possible inaccuracy to discredit detractors. Some of the rebuttals are actually pretty predictable and easy to imagine based on what's they've argued thus far.

For instance the argument that "Gary is human, it is his soul that is God-realized" in order to excuse his behavior and contradictions. To that one, I quote Gary's book MasterPath: The Divine Science of Light and Sound - Volume 2:
"What use is it to learn the cosmic laws, and not live them?" p.90
The "human" chelas are asked to live within the four walls of safety: silence, wakefulness, solitude, and serene detachment. Attachments, lust, greed, name, fame, vanity, pride are all no-nos. And yet, Gary has an aversion to charitable causes, takes lavish vacations, spends huge amounts of money on olive trees and pot, and lashes out in anger at those who challenge him (greed, attachments). He appointed himself "Master", demands respect, sells/gifts photos of himself, initiates a global cause for himself (name, fame). He uses hairspray and owns his own personal tanning bed (vanity, pride). This is what "God-realized" looks like?

Sorry, but if I was his chela, I'd have a really hard time taking him seriously when he cannot even adhere to his own "rules". Most of the chelas are probably far better at following the teachings than Gary is. Again chelas, doesn't that strike you as even slightly backwards?

Old 07-22-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpathcrock View Post
I am a family member, niece in fact, and was simply trying to warn people that there is much more to Joyce than what you see.
Hi MP Crock,

It is good to have you here to warn us and to express your concerns about your aunt.

Looking into a person’s background can often reveal trends and behavior patterns that can explain the reasons behind their current activities. For example: Jim Jones (of The Peoples Temple in Jonestown) would regularly conduct elaborate funeral ceremonies with his childhood peers for deceased pets and the like, having had a fixation on death and the afterlife from quite a young age. Gary furthered his used car salesmanship skills to go on to sell spirituality? Was Joyce a former Eck chela, like Gary, or associated with anything similar? How long have Joyce and Gary been together; did they “compose” MasterPath together when it first started in North Dakota? I would much appreciate it if you could inform us and give a clearer picture, as to what these people are in actuality all about, from your standpoint.

Can you also elaborate further on Joyce’s history of “lies” and “manipulation” that you know of?

Many thanks to you

Old 07-22-2010, 06:25 PM

Also MPcrock, do you know anything related to a report elsewhere online that Gary Olsen was once charged with child neglect or abuse (many years ago) for allegedly making his girlfriend's son sleep outside in a car? I wonder if Joyce was the "girlfriend" in this story? To be very clear, this is all alleged and I have no information on whether or not the report is true.

And I echo Zeeker in sincerely thanking you for sharing your knowledge here. The moral character of the people leading MasterPath should be a major concern.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:17 PM

593 posts, read 890,918 times
We do not need anymore mediators as people are attempting to reach God via indirect associations of very great people ie Virgin Mary,Popes,Prophets.clerics,saints,dieties,monumen ts,,holy symbols,relics,or intercessory prayer to the dead and so on. Many become spiritualists and quasi-cultists (clueless or unaware). Mankind has a tnendency to search for self improvement,a need to belong to a meaningful like minded group,community within a non biblical structure, often victims of a "me" oriented culture or just trying to escape the preconceived notion all christians are hypocrites or have some odd fellowship avoidance mentality. All of these distractions are part of satans most basic ans easiest method to distance people from Jesus. It works even within the most intelligent and those who you would think would be ticked off at how easy they are fooled. I have seen retarded folks with more sense of truth. This Master Path is a slam dunk bunch of nonesense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality