Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 11:58 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,625,722 times

Advertisements

I cant read this novel yet (70 pages !) but I was curious and read the introduction and summation of this Master Plan. This is all very old, very ancient Spiritual Principals (Master Key System,New Thought, Wallace Wattles,Joel Goldsmith,The Cloud of Unknowing,Ancient Wisdom,etc etc) presented in yet another way by another teacher. If it does not resonate with you, pass it by. Saying the man looks like a pedophile and looks "creepy" is rather trite. There are many paths, many teachers. Find one that is Truth for you and respect others right to pursue theirs.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:44 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,509,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I cant read this novel yet (70 pages !) but I was curious and read the introduction and summation of this Master Plan. This is all very old, very ancient Spiritual Principals (Master Key System,New Thought, Wallace Wattles,Joel Goldsmith,The Cloud of Unknowing,Ancient Wisdom,etc etc) presented in yet another way by another teacher. If it does not resonate with you, pass it by. Saying the man looks like a pedophile and looks "creepy" is rather trite. There are many paths, many teachers. Find one that is Truth for you and respect others right to pursue theirs.

Sorry, but I think its good to ridicule silly beliefs, particularly if they may be dangerous.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:01 PM

Oh, I sooo agree with you. I was raised a Catholic. Husband, an evangelical christian.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:06 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,509,454 times
Quote:
Oh, I sooo agree with you. I was raised a Catholic. Husband, an evangelical christian.

Well then join me in my quest to mock all silly ideas. (It doesn't have to be limited to religion.) Let's try to create a bias toward rational thought.

You can be Sanco Panza to my Don Quixote. Together we'll ride across CD forums, tilting our javilins at every imaginary beast we come across.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:58 PM

ahhh, to dream, the impossible dream.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:54 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,043,063 times
Quote:
ahhh, to dream, the impossible dream.
Well, the point of this thread was to cast a light onto the fraud that is MasterPath and its self appointed 'True Guru' Gary Olsen.

That, I think, has been accomplished.

It is not about choosing a path you like and ignoring the rest, it is about exposing a cult that causes harm to its followers, takes their money, and abuses it standing as a 'religion'.

I cannot wait to confront the perpetrator face to face.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:27 PM

1,670 posts, read 4,373,662 times
Quote:
MP doesn't respect the other paths and Olsen has no love for those who leave his flock, according to a few ex-followers who've posted here in the thread. That's but one of the red flags.

Simple math would infer that MP is anything but a "non-profit" entity. Selling booklets, tapes, CDs, tacky pictures, seminars, all while bringing in monthly dues from every member...WHERE is all that money going, we wonder? All the while, members dare not question any of this for fear of reprimand, and/or they're too dim to care.

This 'light and sound' stuff is like bottled water...MP is yet another brand, sourced from tap water, with a fancy label, a premium price, and a charismatic pitch-man who'd have you think that his is the purest and makes better ice cubes (or something)...

Old 08-20-2009, 12:36 AM

268 posts, read 458,020 times
Agreed. In order to get a clear picture of this path, it's pretty necessary to read the posts by end_of_faith, rememberingyou, SoulPatriot, FormerChela, BeenThereDoneThat, and others. Their accounts should give anyone the heebie jeebies about Gary and the MasterPath. You just know there has to be a good number of disenchanted ex-followers if at least five happened to find their way to this internet thread. Some of them were even MP members since it's inception and know Gary very well personally. Then add to that all of the troubling posts from people who have had loved ones and friends involved with MP. Something is very wrong with the dynamic of this group and it's abuse of followers (not to mention it's so called 'non-profit' status).

The only positive posts about Gary here are from people who basically admit he could be a fraud but they don't care because they like the concepts of the path. Which of course are not even Gary's concepts, he just hijacked them and anointed himself "Master". The mentality required to disregard Gary's obvious pathology blows my mind - and is also characteristic of people involved with a cult.

Hopefully impropriety on the part of Gary and his wife will blow up in their faces sooner rather than later.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:04 PM

I did finally get thru the thread. (well, most of it) I had no idea of this and had never heard of the guy. Truth is free. Books are free (library) and teachers who require one to sell their financial souls have sadly been with us forever. Unfortunetly, they do find the followers to pay for spiritual "knowledge" ,and pay dearly. Yes, I would think it just a matter of time till his brand of "wisdom" crashes down around him. And I am sure, another will bottle and sell it with a new name, yours for the asking and lotsa moola.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:12 PM

47 posts, read 103,795 times
I know that this thread and the contacts we made from it have helped me and my sister. Master Path is a scam we have contacted people from Fargo to Scal and found this to be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality