Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 10:05 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

It's actually very fortunate for believers of an arc at the top of this particular mountain that Turkish officials won't allow them to climb up there to find absolutely nothing. At least in this situation you can always imagine that it's real. As far as oil lamps, triple decks and cages are concerned, what evidence do we have for such a thing? Is there anyone in the possession of an oil lamp that can be linked to Noah and did anyone who supposedly visited this site decades ago remember to bring along a camera?
Well I would say it is more fortunate for the non believers, that Turky, and Saudi Arabia both will not allow anyone to veiw both those sites. Because non believers would have a lot more evidence to ignore. Mt. Sinia was found, and the Saudi government built a fence around the entire mountain to prevent anyone from seeing it. If I was a non believer, I would find little comfort that someone was trying to hide this kind of evidence from me.
There are pictures of the Ark from a distance, and there are some great pictures of objects spoken of in the Bible found at the site in Saudi Arabia.
Two Americans had to sneek into the country to get those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The anomaly that Campbell keeps referring to is on the northwest corner of the western plateau of Ararat, and is 980 feet long....A slight detail that he omits.
A slight detail that he omits?

I was the one who had to tell you there were two Ark sites. And the 980 foot Ark site that I saw was the lower site, and I do not believe that one to be Noahs Ark. The real Noahs Ark, is at the top of Ararat, and it is broken in two.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:58 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
A slight detail that he omits?

I was the one who had to tell you there were two Ark sites. And the 980 foot Ark site that I saw was the lower site, and I do not believe that one to be Noahs Ark. The real Noahs Ark, is at the top of Ararat, and it is broken in two.
Actually it is the same one you have mentioned over and over again.

The anomaly is located on the northwest corner of the Western Plateau of Mount Ararat (approximately 39°42′10″N 44°16′30″E / 39.70278, 44.275Coordinates: 39°42′10″N 44°16′30″E / 39.70278, 44.275) at about 15,500 ft (4,724 m), some 2.2 km (1.4 mi) west of the 16,854 ft (5,137 m) summit, on the edge of what appears from the photographs to be a steep downward slope. It was first filmed during a U.S. Air Force aerial reconnaissance mission in 1949 —

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ararat_anomaly

Old 12-01-2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually it is the same one you have mentioned over and over again.

The anomaly is located on the northwest corner of the Western Plateau of Mount Ararat (approximately 39°42′10″N 44°16′30″E / 39.70278, 44.275Coordinates: 39°42′10″N 44°16′30″E / 39.70278, 44.275) at about 15,500 ft (4,724 m), some 2.2 km (1.4 mi) west of the 16,854 ft (5,137 m) summit, on the edge of what appears from the photographs to be a steep downward slope. It was first filmed during a U.S. Air Force aerial reconnaissance mission in 1949 —

Ararat anomaly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Can you show me the exact link that claims the one on the mountain is 980 feet long, because the one I saw showed the lower one, and it stated 980 feet.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:34 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,316,380 times
I Hate to chime in on this subject yet again but I just found a web site that may be of interest it's a christian website called ChristianAnswers.net ,the following is a passage from their page on Noah's Ark.

Due to a popular Hollywood movie released in theaters in 1976 (“In Search of Noah's Ark”), many people remain under the impression that Noah's Ark has definitely been found. Particularly memorable to many people was a fuzzy telephoto photograph of what some thought might be the Ark. Later expeditions proved that the object was simply a large rock formation.
In the 1980s and 90s, many were misled by network news stories and newspaper articles that claimed the Ark had been found at a completely different location. Reports were of a ship-shaped structure 15 miles from Mt. Ararat. Unfortunately, various exaggerated claims about this site were spread. This location is often referred to as the Durupinar Site. It was internationally promoted by an American nurse anesthetist named Ron Wyatt, known for making inaccurate claims. Geologic surveys, subsurface radar and core-drilling data later confirmed beyond any doubt that this odd formation is not the Ark. It is merely a geologic feature common throughout the Ararat region. [More Information]

Old 12-01-2008, 11:57 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Quote:
Well I would say it is more fortunate for the non believers, that Turky, and Saudi Arabia both will not allow anyone to veiw both those sites. Because non believers would have a lot more evidence to ignore. Mt. Sinia was found, and the Saudi government built a fence around the entire mountain to prevent anyone from seeing it. If I was a non believer, I would find little comfort that someone was trying to hide this kind of evidence from me.
I am sure non believers would rally at the opportunity to debunk this myth once and for all.

Saudi and Turkey both Muslim, share the same myth, stands to reason they want to keep the myth alive.

Seeing today we have cell phones with cameras and palm VCR's, any expedition of merit would uncover this in it's totality. Once exposed as a myth, it would invalidate much of the OT and the YEC.

As and aside, the grand canyon, I have seen suggestions it was caused by some cataclysmic flood, post ice age. In SA we have similar canyons and unlike the North America, we have no land mass south of us that would "allow" for a sudden flood of melting ice, there are 3 major canyons and all are dated millions of years.

Dam at the end of the Blyde river canyon

http://www.philipp-winterberg.de/galerie/Namibia_Fish_River_Canyon.jpg (broken link)
Fish River Canyon (Namibia)

Old 12-01-2008, 11:57 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Can you show me the exact link that claims the one on the mountain is 980 feet long, because the one I saw showed the lower one, and it stated 980 feet.
This is one of the latest photos of the same anomaly that was photographed by the Air force in 1949....It actually has it at 1015 feet in length.

Imaging the Ararat Anomaly - GSS Earth Imaging and Remote Sensing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/pugbug/060308_ark_franz_02.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-02-2008, 12:14 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times

To put this in perspective, this pic is taken from and area accessible by car and the drop is > 1000 ft. In the background right-hand side is the "lowveld which is the border with Mozambique and is roughly 1000 ft above sea level at the beginning or downstream of the dam wall.

Th altitude of this photo is about 3500 ft and where I stay roughly 300 miles away we are at 5000-5500 feet and it is flat "prairie" like maize fields. There is no gradual descent to this area. Once you leave the escarpment (the high bit) you get to 3500 ft in less than 10 miles then it "flattens" out again but is hilly.

As we have no history of an ice age, and have no land mass south of us to have "caused" this even by glaciers, how then is this "hole in the ground" 6000 years old????

Old 12-02-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I Hate to chime in on this subject yet again but I just found a web site that may be of interest it's a christian website called ChristianAnswers.net ,the following is a passage from their page on Noah's Ark.

Due to a popular Hollywood movie released in theaters in 1976 (“In Search of Noah's Ark”), many people remain under the impression that Noah's Ark has definitely been found. Particularly memorable to many people was a fuzzy telephoto photograph of what some thought might be the Ark. Later expeditions proved that the object was simply a large rock formation.
In the 1980s and 90s, many were misled by network news stories and newspaper articles that claimed the Ark had been found at a completely different location. Reports were of a ship-shaped structure 15 miles from Mt. Ararat. Unfortunately, various exaggerated claims about this site were spread. This location is often referred to as the Durupinar Site. It was internationally promoted by an American nurse anesthetist named Ron Wyatt, known for making inaccurate claims. Geologic surveys, subsurface radar and core-drilling data later confirmed beyond any doubt that this odd formation is not the Ark. It is merely a geologic feature common throughout the Ararat region. [More Information]
Neither one mentioned here, refers to the one on the North Slope of Ararat. That site has been off limits for years, one group from the states tried to go there a few years back, but Turkey refused to allow them to climb the north slope.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
I am sure non believers would rally at the opportunity to debunk this myth once and for all.

Saudi and Turkey both Muslim, share the same myth, stands to reason they want to keep the myth alive.

Seeing today we have cell phones with cameras and palm VCR's, any expedition of merit would uncover this in it's totality. Once exposed as a myth, it would invalidate much of the OT and the YEC.

As and aside, the grand canyon, I have seen suggestions it was caused by some cataclysmic flood, post ice age. In SA we have similar canyons and unlike the North America, we have no land mass south of us that would "allow" for a sudden flood of melting ice, there are 3 major canyons and all are dated millions of years.

Dam at the end of the Blyde river canyon

Fish River Canyon (Namibia)
The Saudi and the Turkish governments do not want to give any validity to the Jewish faith, so these sites for religious reasons have been put off limits. No westerners are allowed at either site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality