Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 05:09 PM

22,210 posts, read 19,238,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Being cautious is the appropriate response.
exactly.

a person needs to have the basic common sense and skills to distinguish between the National Enquirer and a calculus textbook.
I find it hilarious that someone who says they have interacted with aliens considers their experiences valid, and yet calls others who recommend exercising caution, "superstitious"

one of the cutest things I ever read on CD was when someone flat out stated "what I say is truth, what you say is merely your opinion." At least he had the kahunas to say it.

And Rot still has not answered the very basic question. How does he differentiate between the National Enquirer and a calculus text book? The silence is deafening.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 08-04-2015 at 05:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 05:52 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
"thinking people are flying around town without their bodies"??

Sorry you lost me there. What has that to do with this?
lmao.
I don't know. You are not gona let facts in the way of my opinion are ya

Old 08-04-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
talking to you about me
yes, the question is for you Rot, and it is about you Rot.

How do you distinguish between the National Enquirer and a calculus text book?
still waiting. still no answer.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 08-04-2015 at 07:50 PM..

Old 08-04-2015, 07:51 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I have had traumatic experiences with yet another outcome which is that while I was very much present for them, my brain declines to recall the details after the fact. I simply blank on such things when pressed. I suppose that partly it is my subconscious separating me from the emotional content of the experience and partly it is just that i have moved on and don't dwell on negative things; time does the rest.

The human mind is capable of doing all sorts of interesting tricks under pressure or simply under some other pertinent stimulus. Which is why we need to be very reluctant to draw firm conclusion from such tricks. If we have a sensation of being separate from the body or a lucid dream about being separate from the body then the simplest explanation is that the mind is (mal)functioning atypically.
One thing the mind does very well is edit your memories. I have a few spaces which were not astal or obe's but while I know they happened, that's all. Just that they did. I can give a three word description of it but its the details have been wiped. I think that is a built in response inside us to trauma. We can't move past a time or an event if all the vivid grief/horror/shock/despair take us over. So we remember it as a few flickers of a strip of film. No forgotten but defanged.

My experience with OBE's is that they were not tramatic, and I remember them. Maybe one overshadows the other, trauma whatever the source is muted and faded away so we can look at now, today and tomorrow without its power over us.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:21 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,378,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
people can and do travel out of body at will. It's simply a learned skill.
Citation needed.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Citation needed.
common in many traditions and cultures

Old 08-05-2015, 08:05 AM

Claims of it may be common, but I was not asking for citation for the claims. I was asking for the citations that it actually is happening and anyone has left their body and gone traveling anywhere. Because right now we have:

1) No substantiation of any kind from you.
2) Much evidence showing a direct link between consciousness and the brain.
3) Absolutely no evidence of any short showing the possibility of any disconnect between them.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:08 AM

then keep looking and keep asking
part of learning includes listening

the intent and desire in your looking for something,
determines the outcome and results of what you find

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 08-05-2015 at 08:21 AM..

Old 08-05-2015, 09:27 AM

Thank you for that non-reply. I need no education from you in education, learning, questioning, or listening. I do all 4 perfectly ok. But notice what happens when I do "keep asking". I ask you for the substantiation for the claim you made.... and I get nothing but empty replies.

I am happy to "keep asking". I am also happy to highlight that you keep not answering.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:43 AM

23,174 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

the intent and desire in your looking for something,
determines the outcome and results of what you find

Why do the phrases "" and "confirmation bias" pop into my head? Throw in wishful thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality