Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 03:57 AM

275 posts, read 688,022 times

Advertisements

i have got another question based on the biblical doctrine.what happens to non-believers are they damned for hell? what compels me to this subject is is the fact that people in the past have died without ever knowing the christian doctrine?

Think about bush men in the heart of Africa, that are isolated from the urban life and activities and they know nothing about Christianity or heard of Jesus are they accounted for hell too?

God can't be that ignorant can he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 04:59 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,446,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
i have got another question based on the biblical doctrine.what happens to non-believers are they damned for hell? what compels me to this subject is is the fact that people in the past have died without ever knowing the christian doctrine?

Think about bush men in the heart of Africa, that are isolated from the urban life and activities and they know nothing about Christianity or heard of Jesus are they accounted for hell too?

You need to accept Jesus into your heart to go to heaven, because it is written that Jesus is the way the truth and the life, NO man comes to the Father but by him.

Everyone of us is going to hell and deserves hell unless we accept Jesus Christ. So, if we go to hell not knowing him there is no one to blame.

With that said, God is merciful and just. He has always made a way for people to find him.

There is no excuse to not accept God and his way of salvation. It is written into our very beings that there is a God. Also the heavens declare the glory of God.

There is no bushman or people so far away that they cannot find God. Missionaries have gone into the Jungle to find a people who have said when found, "are you the ones who are going to teach us about God from the book?" They already knew of God, it was just the revelation of Jesus Christ as the salvation of God that was not known.

I have friends who never knew God. One day they realized they needed God and the grandmother who lived with them said "I think God is in the house". So they searched the house looking for God. After an exaustive search, they found an old bible and began to read it aloud. The whole family became saved. The actually even decided to become missionaries with no church backing. They packed up all their belongings, sold the house and went to Africa to preach the gospel. After a few years they returned and started their own church in their house. So, no organized Church body is required for salvation or to become a pastor or missionary.

Before Jesus Christ was revealed. It is written that salvation is of the Jews. Salvation was found in the law of the Jewish people that was given to them from God. The gentiles could even go into the temple in a special place to hear the prayers. So, God allowed the unclean gentile to be part of his salvation prior to Jesus Christ's coming.

Before the law of Moses, a law was given to Noah. These noetic commandments were given to all nations and all peoples because all people come from the three sons of Noah; Shem, Ham and Jaseph.

Before the flood Noah preached to the people, also Adam lived close to the time of the flood. If any desired to know of God they could go to Adam and ask him about God.

So, not being close to Urban life is not an excuse to know of God. There is no distance, no ignorance allowed, to not knowing Christ. Language is not an excuse for a barrier. Culture is not an excuse for a barrier. There is no one who will ever have an excuse before God.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:07 AM

60 posts, read 172,085 times
OP, in short, yes they will according to the bible. Seems fair, no?

Old 06-26-2009, 06:08 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,316,067 times
Quote:

God is not ignorant only people can be ignorant.

If God can speak to Helen Keller, then God will find a way for others to know who He is. He will either go them Himself, just like Helen, or He will send someone to them.

God spoke to Helen Keller by using the Holy Spirit.

Helen Keller was deaf and blind and noone taught her about God. So, how did she know who He was? God came to her Himself.

So, when people started telling her who God was, she said, oh that's who that is. So, she already knew who He was before people told her. He was already speaking and talking to her, by His Spirit.

In one of her letters, Helen told Bishop Brooks that she had always known about God, even before she had any words. Even before she could call God anything, she knew God was there

So, my question is if God can speak and talk to a little girl who grew up to be a women who knew Him, could He not reach someone in Africa?

Old 06-26-2009, 06:23 AM

60 posts, read 172,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
could He not reach someone in Africa?
He could, but the success rate would probably be lower than if he tried to reach someone in the U.S. Wouldn't you agree?

And therein lies the problem with all religion: geography (being a product of your time and place)

Old 06-26-2009, 06:38 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,409,938 times
Of course they are going to hell. That is how much god loves them!

Old 06-26-2009, 06:50 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,316,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Khan View Post
He could, but the success rate would probably be lower than if he tried to reach someone in the U.S. Wouldn't you agree?

And therein lies the problem with all religion: geography (being a product of your time and place)
Know I don't agree! Because I have seen and heard of what God is doing in Africa now. People over in Africa have greater faith than what we have here.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:06 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,083,902 times
Quote:

If they go to hell it's because of their sin. Of course, without a savior to pay the penalty for it, their fate is cemented. I'd prefer to look at it from the perspective that God saves some people wretchedness--and he's merciful for it.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:11 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,571,301 times
Short answer? No, they won't got to hell.

Why? Because every person ever created started out destined for heaven, with their name enscribed in God's Book of Life. When someone accepts Christ, his name is entered into the Lamb's Book of Life, but when they reject him, they are removed (Revelations uses the term "blotted out") from God's Book of Life. God is a loving God who gives each person the opportunity to chose when they've heard the Gospel, but He does not hold accountable those who have not.

If that were so, then hell would be full of little babies and who believes that?

Old 06-26-2009, 07:25 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,083,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Short answer? No, they won't got to hell.

Why? Because every person ever created started out destined for heaven, with their name enscribed in God's Book of Life. When someone accepts Christ, his name is entered into the Lamb's Book of Life, but when they reject him, they are removed (Revelations uses the term "blotted out") from God's Book of Life. God is a loving God who gives each person the opportunity to chose when they've heard the Gospel, but He does not hold accountable those who have not.

If that were so, then hell would be full of little babies and who believes that?

so by not making a choice you go? What happens if you don't want to be there but never actually formulated that view?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality