Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 02:57 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,130,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Written by Randy S. Berg.....Another whack-a-loon creationist like yourself...As usual and par for the course with creationists, nothing but lies and bull crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 03:02 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,667,806 times
all these proofs are from religious websites, got anything from a non biased source?

Old 08-08-2009, 03:09 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,667,806 times
Quote:
A little light reading for you. learn how it works.
HowStuffWorks "How Fossils Work"

HowStuffWorks "How do scientists determine the age of dinosaur bones?"

Old 08-08-2009, 03:17 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,130,597 times
You are fighting a losing battle Campbell, for the simple reason that reality trumps fantasy every time...

Old 08-08-2009, 03:39 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,633,644 times
Quote:
When I said, (NO ONE ELSE), I was speaking of the non informed, non spiritual one's who donot believe the Biblical account. And in my post, I stated, (those were the one's) that did not believe (THE TRUTH OF THE SCRIPTURES). So I am not sidestepping anything here. In my post, I said most of the World would not believe the Biblical account. I did not say (ALL) the world. You need to read the full context of my statement. And please, don't try hanging me with just one of my sentences. The pharisees played those word games with Jesus to. Have you ever considered the ministry? LOL
Sorry Campbell, but not only did I read the full context of your statement, but I posted the entire statement in my reply. Instead of saying things like "no one else", maybe it would be better to be more specific if you only mean certain people.

I'm not trying to hang you or anyone else. But you need to be more accurate. And now you're trying to make a comparison with using Jesus and the pharisees, by relating it to you? Please don't flatter yourself by trying to put youself up on the same level as Jesus. No, I have not considered the ministry.

You're talking about non-informed, non-spiritual, and one's who do not believe the biblical account. But your posts seem to suggest that ANYONE who should disagree with your views, are non-informed, non-spiritual, and basically atheists. True, there are some who have said they are atheistic, but that doesn't mean that everyone is.

With regard to the dino/human co-existence view, you claim the Bible supports that view, therefore dinos and humans existed together. The problem is that the Bible never states dinosaurs lived at the same time as humans. Large known animals, I would agree with. But dinosaurs? That's sheer imaginative speculation. The examples you've cited in this thread (and others of the same subject) are based on pure assumption (and complete disregard for what's actually known), most of which seems to be from what someone else has claimed.

If you believe that dinos and humans existed together, that's fine. But passing that off as an absolute Biblical truth is stretching it. I won't get into the history of English translations of the Bible, but suffice it to say that there has been plenty of errors from mistranslation as well as spurious notes which were also added that were not found in the earliest close-to-original non-English texts. It helps to take into account the cultural views at the time when the translations were made. Much of that (translation errors) stems back to views and understandings during the period of the so-called "Dark Ages". That's not to say everything Biblically is incorrect, but it can and does mean some things are.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:40 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
So you think men weren't very smart back then barely illiterate,so I suppose you have their SAT scores you dug up from those times,but yet you put your trust in an Anthropology book that was written by presumably illiterate man.
That second statement of yours is cruel and arrogant,making your self out to be so great and then putting down somebody's belief and stating something bad about this person and wondering if their children didn't become crack-addicted because of her unbalanced nature..

As for all of your statements , that is the most cruel thing I have read on this forum in two-and one-half years that I have been here.. There is no need for that grow up.
Well, apparently you've read NONE of the nastiness ysm has slung at those of us who post in opposition to her. Easy to take sides when she's mouthing the same party line as you are.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. When they do, they should expect to have a few of their own windows broken.

The Anthropology texts I read are written by those whose level of scholarship and degrees in their field are unsurpassed. I think I'll bow to the experts such as Rice, Moloney, Gill, Leakey, et. al. before I ground my thought process in a book of fairy tales whose authors made up tales to explain the world around them...just as every other civilization that came before. Their book of myths is no more credible than the oral traditions of the Methodist-munching Tolei of New Guinea.

If you're going to pull me down into the mudhole, you better expect to eat a llittle dirt.

Last edited by Kele; 08-08-2009 at 03:55 PM..

Old 08-08-2009, 04:02 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
The Genesis account of creation shows that God made animals before placing man on the earth. It is possible then that dinosaurs existed and became extinct long before humans arrived on this planet.

Mormon scriptures show that one year where God dwells is equivalent to a thousand years on this planet. Some may deduce from that that this planet may be only six or seven thousand years old. However, a Mormon apostle explained that the creation account does not necessarily refer to "days" but to "periods" of time. This earth then, and the time dinosaurs dwelt on it, from that point of view could be tens of thousands or even millions of years old, with perhaps man arriving only comparatively recently?

Here's an extract from that talk given by a Mormon apostle:

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=cfc76a4430c0 c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7 db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

"Each phase of the Creation was well planned before it was accomplished. Scripture tells us that “the Lord God, created all things … spiritually, before they were naturally upon the face of the earth.â€

The physical Creation itself was staged through ordered periods of time. In Genesis and Moses, those periods are called days. But in the book of Abraham, each period is referred to as a time. Whether termed a day, a time, or an age, each phase was a period between two identifiable events—a division of eternity.

Period one included the creation of atmospheric heavens and physical earth, culminating in the emergence of light from darkness.

In period two, the waters were divided between the surface of the earth and its atmospheric heavens. Provision was made for clouds and rain to give life to all that would later dwell upon the earth.

In period three, plant life began. The earth was organized to bring forth grass, herbs, trees, and vegetation—each growing from its own seed.

Period four was a time of further development. Lights in the expanse of the heaven were organized so there could be seasons and other means of measuring time. During this period, the sun, the moon, the stars, and the earth were placed in proper relationship to one another. The sun, with its vast stores of hydrogen, was to serve as a giant furnace to provide light and heat for the earth and life upon it.

In period five, fish, fowl, and “every living creature†were added. They were made fruitful and able to multiply—in the sea and on the earth—each after its own kind.

In the sixth period, creation of life continued. The beasts of the earth were made after their kind, cattle after their kind, and everything which “creepeth upon the earthâ€â€”again, after its own kind. Then the Gods counseled together and said: “Let us go down and form man in our image, after our likeness. …

“So the Gods went down to organize man in their own image, in the image of the Gods to form they him, male and female to form they them.†Thus, Adam and Eve were formed. And they were blessed to “be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.â€

The seventh period was designated as a time of rest."
GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

Oopsies. A little contradiction there.

The rest of your post is mere unsubstaniated, and unsubstantionable, apologetic nonsence, created and spread as plain science disproves your scripture's myths and miracles in a lame attempt to "keep up with the times" as blind belief has evolved into rational thinking and science.

We KNOW the stars, and "light" in general, to be billions of years older than the earth.

We also KNOW that "fowl" came long after the dinos, a "kind" rather lacking from your scriptures.

We also KNOW that many of the species we coinhabit this earth with came AFTER man evolved, cattle included.

You have posted utter garbage.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:09 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,633,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Six ordinary days of evenings and mornings, described in the Scripture as of equal length -and certainly are, at the equator; and the first three evenings and mornings had no sun, moon, nor stars.

dragons on day 5, and beheme on day 6, with Adam as the crown and king of the creation.
Day 5 and day 6 were separated only by one evening and morning, 24 hours.

WOW! Dragons on Day 5? Beheme on Day 6? Where did you find that information? And what is a "beheme"?

Could it be this?
Beheme Coat of Arms

Perhaps this?
Maps, Weather, and Airports for Beheme, Belgium

Old 08-08-2009, 04:10 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,573,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Well, apparently you've read NONE of the nastiness ysm has slung at those of us who post in opposition to her. Easy to take sides when she's mouthing the same party line as you are.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. When they do, they should expect to have a few of their own windows broken.

The Anthropology texts I read are written by those whose level of scholarship and degrees in their field are unsurpassed. I think I'll bow to the experts such as Rice, Moloney, Gill, Leakey, et. al. before I ground my thought process in a book of fairy tales whose authors made up tales to explain the world around them...just as every other civilization that came before. Their book of myths is no more credible than the oral traditions of the Methodist-munching Tolei of New Guinea.

If you're going to pull me down into the mudhole, you better expect to eat a llittle dirt.
I don't care if it is a theist towards an atheist or an agnostic towards an atheist or an atheiist against an atheist.,that was uncalled for and the worst I've read since being on this forum,so grow up act like your a graduate student in college and not in elementary school.. I have a degree in Business la-ti-da.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:11 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
I don't care if it is a theist towards an atheist or an agnostic towards an atheistor an atheiist against an atheist.,that was uncalled for and the worst I've read since being on this forum,so grow up act like your a graduate student in college and not in elementary school.. I have a degree in Business la-ti-da.
Indeed? As your writing so clearly shows....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality