Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2009, 07:55 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,867,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman

Well now, let's see how science works, shall we???:

Fact: we' ve found dino eggs in China as recently as last year. Do you deny that?

Eggs, Tom. With obvious little fossilized dinosaurs in them! Check out the pictures!

Dinosaur egg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dinosaur egg fossils found in E China _Local—China Economic Net

Fact: Navels are an artifact of mammalian in-utero fetal support. Eggs are not attached to a reptilian mother with an umbillical cord, Tom. Here's some proof 'cause you don't want to believe me 'bout nuthin' apparently....

http://www.surfcastermotel.com/images/laying_eggs.jpg (broken link)

Fact: dinos, being reptiles and not mammals, didn't have umbillical cords, and hence they had NO navels. Ever. NEVER EVER.

See how simple yet convincing that was? No global conspiracy, no "ignoring the facts", just the plain God's truth!

You, of all people ought to appreciate that!
Well Dr. Swift was a true believer in Evolution until he discovered a carved image of a dinosaur in a Nazcan tomb. He was one of those who believed that those Ica burial stones were all fakes. Yet when he personally discovered one himself, he could nolonger deny their reality. So he left the scientifically correct crowd, and imbraced what he knew was the truth.

Consider the link below.

After The Flood

More obfuscation...so, no navel, eh? So dinosaurs never had navels. So another reason why behemoth, with its navel, was not a dinosaur, beyond the obvious that they were long extinct before man was on the scene. Has this Dr. Swift ever found a dinosaur with a navel? Have you, and you are just holding out on us? If so, present it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Crocs can be killed by a spear, yet according to the Bible, and arrow or a spear will have no effect on the leviathan. And having skin that looks like scales, is not what is spoken of in the Book of Job. It clearly states that these are scales that are stuck together so tightly, that air will not pass between them.
Sure, that is exactly what they look like. They look like they are stuck together so tightly that water can't pass through, check. I am sure that during these early times that they did not have the benefit of our current weaponry.

Quote:
And when did you see a fully intact dinosaur that would give you full knowledge of the existance or non existance of a navel?
Enough to know that dinosaurs were not mammals. If you know of any mammalian dinosaurs, present them.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:37 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,111,845 times
Quote:
Could you please give us the link that shows the center top carving to be a forgery. Because I know most of what is stated about these carvings are usually without any scientific review. And in most cases, I would like to see who or how they came to that conclusion.
I did not keep a link to it. Be it a fake or not did not matter to me particularly.

I am not ready to throw away 100 years or more of all the scientific disciplines that agree on evolution and dinosaurs.

Even the last two Popes agree that evolution is a fact. That is icing on the cake.

Regards
DL

Old 07-15-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Here's something that should heat up the subject about the dinos. A shocking carving of a stegosaur was found on a stone column at the ruins of the Angkor Wat Temple complex in Cambodia. I'm not sure how old the carving is, but it's very old. The complex itself is over 900 years old. The carving is real and depicts a real creature. How would anyone that long ago know what a stegosaur looked like? Was it from bones they found? Nope, because as you'll see, the creature fleshed out. What do you think?

Although I'm no expert about Cambodia, I do have family and friends in neighboring Thailand and I'm quite aware of the carving. You'll need to scroll down the page to see closeup photos of it. I'll leave it for you to wonder about for now.

Dinosaurs in ancient Cambodian temple
I have seen stuffed two headed snakes and a two headed calf. Genetic mistakes.

These are real but are not new species.

To think that there were no genetic mistakes in the past that could have lead to pictures and imaginary creatures would be wrong.

Regards
DL

Old 07-15-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post

To think that there were no genetic mistakes in the past that could have lead to pictures and imaginary creatures would be wrong.

Regards
DL
I've seen Jakalopes. You can see real ones, too. Thousands of specimens have been caught and mounted and are hanging at Cracker Barrel restaurant gift shops across the country. I know these are real, because no one has shown me any actual scientific tests, done by credible scientists, on these critters showing that they are anything but real critters, not just some fraud perpetuated on a gullible group of home-style cooking fare fans for the purposes of monetary gain.

http://jeffareid.net/misc/jackalope.jpg

Last edited by PanTerra; 07-15-2009 at 11:59 AM..

Old 07-15-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I've seen a Jakalopes. You can see real ones, too. Thousands of specimens have been caught and mounted and are hanging at Cracker Barrel restaurant gift shops across the country. I know these are real, because no one has shown me any actual scientific tests, done by credible scientists, on these critters showing that they are anything but real critters, not just some fraud perpetuated on a gullible group of home-style cooking fare fans for the purposes of monetary gain.

http://jeffareid.net/misc/jackalope.jpg
Yep. The world is capable of many oddities.

Regards
DL

Old 07-15-2009, 12:13 PM

50,140 posts, read 20,914,585 times
Quote:
Well Dr. Swift was a true believer in Evolution until he discovered a carved image of a dinosaur in a Nazcan tomb. He was one of those who believed that those Ica burial stones were all fakes. Yet when he personally discovered one himself, he could nolonger deny their reality. So he left the scientifically correct crowd, and imbraced what he knew was the truth.

Consider the link below.

After The Flood

Dennis Swift. I did a bit of a check on the Ica carved stones. Apparently two people have admitted that they are fakes. The believers say they only said that to avoid a charge of trading in National artefacts.

I read that Swift has a Theology degree not a degree in Paleontology, archaeology or geology. None of his dinosaur research is peer reviewed or published in anything to give it credibility. I think he's just another Dr. Dino. As a Theologian I rather doubt his claim that he used to be a sceptic but was turned in a young earth creationist overnight by these stones. It's a common claim "I used to be an atheist - like you - until I saw the light/prayed to Jesus/found a bit of Noah's true cross."

Old 07-15-2009, 01:33 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,668,335 times
Quote:

Regards
DL
If you haven't already read my follow-up post, I've explained what the carving actually depicts. It's a carving of a real animal, but it's not of a dinosaur and it doesn't depict a genetic mistake.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:31 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,996,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I guess your Dr. Smith was as gullible as you are....Didn't your read my post on the last page? It wasn't science that rejected the Inca stones.

Here I'll use your method....I'll repeat it for you.

The stones were created by local villagers to sell to gullible tourists. Two peasants from Callango, Basilio Uchuya and his wife, Irma Gutierrez de Aparcana, have admitted to carving the stones they sold to Cabrera, basing their designs on illustrations from comic books, school books, and magazines.

By the way, most Christians do not believe as you do. Most accept evolution.
Dr. Swift discovered the Stone in a Ica tomb that was just broken into. You can't blame villigers for the stones existance. Just as you can't blame them, for what the Spanish priest discovered in the 1500s.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:40 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,996,230 times
Quote:
I did not keep a link to it. Be it a fake or not did not matter to me particularly.

I am not ready to throw away 100 years or more of all the scientific disciplines that agree on evolution and dinosaurs.

Even the last two Popes agree that evolution is a fact. That is icing on the cake.

Regards
DL
Of course I hear this all the time, I am told evidence that would show such a stone or a dinosaur figurine to be a fake. Yet when you ask to see that evidence all I hear is. "Oh, I can't find that link now".

Last two popes agree that evolution is a fact? So there were some Popes
who agreeded with burning people at the stake, would that be iceing on the cake for you as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality