Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2009, 01:43 AM

1,628 posts, read 4,038,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
It is also a fact that Oak Ridge national Laboratory dated dinosaur bones, useing the carbon dating method, and dates that came back were 3,000 years. Now the carbon dating method is thought to be accurate up to 50,000 years. Yet because science (ASSUMES) dinosaur bones to be older, they ignored those results.
That old canard won't cut it with me, I have read up on that controversy and understand the bogus examples and citations you use on that score. I deal with 'my science is better than your science' everyday in my job and have developed a pretty good BS meter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 01:59 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Well if Dinosaurs died out 50 million years ago, can you explain how it is that Dr. Swift in 1970, who was a believer in evolution changed his mind once he discovered a dinosaur image found on an Ica Burical stone? And don't forget, he was one of the first people to enter this ancient tomb, so you can't blame that image on any modern village people.
Don't you read my posts? They are hoaxes and that fact was admitted to by the couple that made them. Your Dr. Swift is either a fraud, or you lied about his profession...He is no paleontologist.

A BBC TV documentary was severely critical of the Ica stones, drawing the attention of the Peruvian press and resulting in the arrest of Uschuya by the local authorities. Interrogated, he soon admitted he had carved the stones himself; he wanted to bilk the tourists and claimed he never thought it would get out of hand on such a large scale. After his release, Uschuya continued to make and sell stones, presumably with official knowledge.

Jurassic library - The Ica Stones | Articles | Features | Fortean Times UK

Old 07-16-2009, 02:01 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
That old canard won't cut it with me, I have read up on that controversy and understand the bogus examples and citations you use on that score. I deal with 'my science is better than your science' everyday in my job and have developed a pretty good BS meter.
Well if it is all BS, why do they keep finding ancient drawings of dinosaurs from just thousands of years ago?

Old 07-16-2009, 02:04 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Well if it is all BS, why do they keep finding ancient drawings of dinosaurs from just thousands of years ago?
Prove it, and be aware that I will not accept anything from biased dishonest creationist sites.

The international archaeological community has discounted the Inca stones as a hoax... Today, people still believe in the authenticity of the stones despite the fact that this authenticity has been disproven. Problematically, the stones cannot be dated as no organic matter is found on them, nor can the strata where they were found be dated - the location of the cave has conveniently been kept a secret......I think those darned scientists are conspiring against you again, Tom.

Last edited by sanspeur; 07-16-2009 at 02:13 AM..

Old 07-16-2009, 02:07 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Quote:
Ica burial stones have been around for humdreds of years. And even a priest from Spain in the 1500s wrote letters asking what were those strange animals depicted on the Ica burial stones?
What is the name of the Spanish priest who referred to this? Do you have a source, independent of Dr. Swift, to confirm his existence?

Old 07-16-2009, 02:10 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Quote:
It is also a fact that Oak Ridge national Laboratory dated dinosaur bones, useing the carbon dating method, and dates that came back were 3,000 years. Now the carbon dating method is thought to be accurate up to 50,000 years. Yet because science (ASSUMES) dinosaur bones to be older, they ignored those results.
Why would they use a method only deemed accurate up to 50,000 years for something they believe to be millions of years old? Generally dinosaurs are dated using isotopes with much longer half-lifes. Why were they be using C-14? Even if the story were true why should one anomalous result invalidate hundreds or thousands of radiometric dating indicating dinosaurs are millions of years old?

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=...inosaurs&hl=en

Specifically check the following from the American Science Affiliation. It's a society of Christians, including several Evangelicals who reject evolution, in science.

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/resources/Wiens.html/wiens2002.pdf (broken link)

I think I should step back after those questions because this might be an important belief for you. I am not an evangelist. If you want to believe in all this I'd normally say it's fine. I'm mostly just trying to explain why I don't or won't.

Last edited by Thomas R.; 07-16-2009 at 02:24 AM..

Old 07-16-2009, 02:12 AM

1,628 posts, read 4,038,544 times
Quote:
The BS I was referring to is the creationist view of geologic dating methods. If you cannot even follow that how credible can you be?

BTW, the dinosaur drawings BS has also been debunked.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Don't you read my posts? They are hoaxes and that fact was admitted to by the couple that made them. Your Dr. Swift is either a fraud, or you lied about his profession...He is no paleontologist.

A BBC TV documentary was severely critical of the Ica stones, drawing the attention of the Peruvian press and resulting in the arrest of Uschuya by the local authorities. Interrogated, he soon admitted he had carved the stones himself; he wanted to bilk the tourists and claimed he never thought it would get out of hand on such a large scale. After his release, Uschuya continued to make and sell stones, presumably with official knowledge.

Jurassic library - The Ica Stones | Articles | Features | Fortean Times UK

There was a shepherd boy who was not a historian or archeologist, yet he discovered the Dead Sea Scrolls. Should we now call Him a fraud, and burn the Scrolls as fakes? Your logic makes no sense. Only because the evidence does not agree with your worldview, do you look for any lame excuse to reject it. And then you call anyone involved in their discovery frauds. The Ica stones with the carved dinosaurs existed long before there was a Peruvian press. And that is why the Spanish priest from the 1500s wrote letters asking what those strange animals were found on the Ica burial stones.

Uschuya did not make tens of thousand of fake Ica burial stones, and fakes can be seen easily by viewing them under a microscope. Uschuya's lines were cut in the stone by the use of a hack saw. The Orginal ancient stones do not have these teltale hacksaw marks. So it is easy to tell the differenc between the two.

China is known for producing fake fossils, should we now claim that all fossils are fakes? There are ways to determine fakes from the real thing. So now to reject all Ica stones as a fakes is pretty ridiculous. And of course, you would do this, only because you do not want to believe what the stones are telling us.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Prove it, and be aware that I will not accept anything from biased dishonest creationist sites.

The international archaeological community has discounted the Inca stones as a hoax... Today, people still believe in the authenticity of the stones despite the fact that this authenticity has been disproven. Problematically, the stones cannot be dated as no organic matter is found on them, nor can the strata where they were found be dated - the location of the cave has conveniently been kept a secret......I think those darned scientists are conspiring against you again, Tom.
Can you show me the transcripts from the international archaelolgical community, and their scientific review of the Ica burial stones? I'm sure it must be considerable, taking into consideration that there are tens of thousands of these stones. And you know, unless such transcripts exist, it would be highly questionable if one could believe their statements.
The Ica burial stones should be discounted based on (REAL) science, not personal opinion.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
The BS I was referring to is the creationist view of geologic dating methods. If you cannot even follow that how credible can you be?

BTW, the dinosaur drawings BS has also been debunked.
The drawings have only been debunked by closed minds. There are so many of them, and none have been debunked by any scientific review. The debunking is based on personal opinion only, and that my friend, is not science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality