Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2009, 11:10 PM

33,553 posts, read 37,151,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
1. Acambarans must have cooperated at least four times in the past, because the figuriens have been time tested at least four times. The last time it was a Japanese film industry doing a film about our ancient past. They had some of the figurines time tested again. With results returned matching all the other previous results.

2. Some have said, (the Bible states) that dinosaurs had a navel. I am not aware of the Bible saying that. And that was the point I was trying to make, however uncessfully.

Science ignores facts, (they believe) to be Absurd. And that would be a more accurate statement.
Ok, Campbell show me a dino fossil younger that 10,000 years old and I will consider your story...What? There are none?

Science ignores admitted hoaxes and obvious ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 11:29 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,972,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Ok, Campbell show me a dino fossil younger that 10,000 years old and I will consider your story...What? There are none?

Science ignores admitted hoaxes and obvious ones.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory dated dinosaur bones using the Carbon dating method. The age came back showing it to be only a few thousand years old.

So, now will you consider my story?

Consider the link below.

Carbon Dating: Why you cant trust it or other radiometric dating methods. creation evolution young earth evidence old earth bible

Old 07-15-2009, 11:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
The bible does mention "leviathan", a monstrous sea creature mentioned in the old testament.
In all probability a leviathan was a nile crocodile.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:36 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,639,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
We have very little understanding of past events once you get past what we call recorded history. Even the graphics and drawings we have of most dinosaurs are merely theoretical ideas of what the dinos looked like or what they could do. We can no more see the distant past than we can the distant future, so both are equally puzzling. Sure, you can find bones or an old house, but you have no real idea what went on there or what that animal really looked like. Or if perhaps that particular set of bones you found once breathed fire.

Also, as you say, we can get an idea of what we think the past was like. But it's all just theory. There is no real evidence. Nothing tangible other than bones and left over pots and pans. Now we are in the present, and we actually have a pretty good idea what is coming in the future don't you think. Atleast as good an idea as what we have about the past. I believe the example is fitting enough. Just my opinion though, I could be wrong.
Nah, it doesn't have anything to do with who's right or wrong. We all learn from each other. I understand your point but I have to disagree a little bit. It's not that you're wrong, but just a difference of individual views.

We can plan for things we'll do in the future, but we can never really be certain what's ahead there beyond the present. There are just too many variables to know what can or will happen. Even the best of plans we make for an hour from now is subject to unexpected and unplanned interruption and change.

The past however is something potentially knowable. I agree that in the long distant past, a lot of things do rely on speculation. It's not easy. If you only have one bone, it can tell you certain things, but you still don't have much of an idea about the rest of the creature that bone belonged to. However, when you have enough bones, you have a much better idea about the animal. With the bones you can determine a lot of things like where tendons and muscles were attached to better "flesh out" the animal, determine if it was carnivorous or a herbivore, understand if it had forward 3-D vision or not, how it might have died and much more. All from creatures that have been extinct millions of years before people. It's part of forensic science.

A few pots and pans might not seen to provide much information, but they can give an idea of the use, and give some clues as to the people who used them. If they are decorated in some way, that too can tell you more about the people and the culture, perhaps even their diet.

Sure, at some point in the far distant past, all that can really be done is speculate, although some speculation can be plausible if the trail and clues going back are known or reasonable. But as for fire breathing dragons, well, the closest I can imagine would be certain venomous creatures with bites that could make you feel like your on fire, although you won't burst into flames. But like I said, there were people who thought they were real, and even if they were wrong about it, to them it was a part of their sense of reality.

Again, the point is that the past is potentially knowable because its already happened. You're right, we don't know everything. But the future remains unknowable because of changes and unforeseen variables that are beyond our control. You never really know what will happen in the future until it becomes a part of the past.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Oak Ridge National Laboratory dated dinosaur bones using the Carbon dating method. The age came back showing it to be only a few thousand years old.

So, now will you consider my story?

Consider the link below.

Carbon Dating: Why you cant trust it or other radiometric dating methods. creation evolution young earth evidence old earth bible
Don't be silly...Good grief it is an Angelfire site!
Not unless you give me a link to a credible site that disproves dating methods used on fossils. Carbon dating is not the method used, and you know it.

Here is a refresher course on modern dating methods.

Accuracy of Fossils and Dating Methods (ActionBioscience)

Old 07-16-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
In all probability a leviathan was a nile crocodile.
The leviathan was not a crocodile, because we know that crocodiles can be captured very easily. We see this all the time on television. The leviathan was not a beast that could be captured this way. Also, the scales spoken in the Scriptures are nothing like the skin of a crocodile. And spears and arrows would not make him flee, and Scripture tells us he esteemeth iron as straw. And then the Scriptures tell us. Upon earth there is not his like, who is made withour fear. And Scripture also tells us, that he beholdeth all high things: Another words his size would put him in a position to see above the rest. So again, this could not be a crocodile, because their body keeps them continually close to the ground.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Don't be silly...Good grief it is an Angelfire site!
Not unless you give me a link to a credible site that disproves dating methods used on fossils. Carbon dating is not the method used, and you know it.

Here is a refresher course on modern dating methods.

Accuracy of Fossils and Dating Methods (ActionBioscience)
Show me a site that supports evolution that will present evidence of dinosaur bones being dated to 3,000 years. That kind of information never makes it to Joe public. Your evolution links lack any credible balance, so I know you will not be able to present me with such a link. And that is the reason you will never find them doing any scientific review on evidence that refutes their beliefs. They lost their objectivity long ago, and now simply reject what they do not believe. And their rejection of this evidence is not based on science, but personal opinion only.

And carbon dating should be the method used on dinosaur bones, yet is not, because science only (ASSUMES) them to be older than they are.

dino-dating (http://www.orgsites.com/oh/evoution-is-a-myth/_pgg1.php3 - broken link)

Old 07-16-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
The leviathan was not a crocodile, because we know that crocodiles can be captured very easily. We see this all the time on television. The leviathan was not a beast that could be captured this way. Also, the scales spoken in the Scriptures are nothing like the skin of a crocodile. And spears and arrows would not make him flee, and Scripture tells us he esteemeth iron as straw. And then the Scriptures tell us. Upon earth there is not his like, who is made withour fear. And Scripture also tells us, that he beholdeth all high things: Another words his size would put him in a position to see above the rest. So again, this could not be a crocodile, because their body keeps them continually close to the ground.
Is this a cut and paste from a previous conversation?...I think I have seen this post at least four times now....Obviously it's not working, so why don't you try something new. All you are doing here Campbell, is proving that a lot of the bible is false. Dinosaurs died out more than 50 million years ago, and that's a fact that is accepted by everybody except fundamentalists.

Whoever programmed you did one hell of a job, I must say.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Is this a cut and paste from a previous conversation?...I think I have seen this post at least four times now....Obviously it's not working, so why don't you try something new. All you are doing here Campbell, is proving that a lot of the bible is false. Dinosaurs died out more than 50 million years ago, and that's a fact that is accepted by everybody except fundamentalists.

Whoever programmed you did one hell of a job, I must say.
Well if Dinosaurs died out 50 million years ago, can you explain how it is that Dr. Swift in 1970, who was a believer in evolution changed his mind once he discovered a dinosaur image found on an Ica Burical stone? And don't forget, he was one of the first people to enter this ancient tomb, so you can't blame that image on any modern village people.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
As opposed to religious zealots? Give me a break!

Animals evolve, that is a fact. Yet many say that evolution is not true.
It is also a fact that Oak Ridge national Laboratory dated dinosaur bones, useing the carbon dating method, and dates that came back were 3,000 years. Now the carbon dating method is thought to be accurate up to 50,000 years. Yet because science (ASSUMES) dinosaur bones to be older, they ignored those results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality