Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 08:38 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,421,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
Here we go!! seriouly heres my 2c!

While dinosaurs roamed the land, flying reptiles ruled the skies and other reptiles lived in the sea. The flying reptiles were called Pterossaurs, which include the famous Pteranodan and Pterodactylus. Amongst the reptiles that lived in the sea was the lchtyosaur, which had a fish-like appearance!

Most of the other sea creatures did not look like fish. The name Mixosaurus means "mixed" reptile' This animal was given its name because it has features of both reptiles and fish, to my knowledge, maybe someone else here could correct me in all this if i'm wrong, then id humberly acknowledge my mistake!!

The Mixosaurus had a long tail and Fins. This reptile used its tail to swim through the water. its long snout and sharp teeth enabled it to catch fish easily. Other marine reptiles included the lchtyosaurus, Nothosuarus, Plesiosaurus and the Kronosaurus. The Nothosaurus had webbed feet, like a duck, which it used for swiming. it would come ashore to lay its eggs. The Plessiosaurus had flippers like turtles. Once again anyone else who'd have more knowledge about this if i'm wrong then I will stand corrected.

Honestly I was Only teasing bout the "sharks" comment: So humour me! Oh and Sheeesh the yetty as wel! If anyone else hasn't a sence of humour today
No, I did't. It's raining so my arthritis is acting up, and my meds ran out on my cause the wife wasn't paying attention (she likes to medicate the family as she used to work in the hospital, and usually does a good job) I am out on comp and was in an immense amount of pain at the time.

And that's an apology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 09:49 PM

320 posts, read 449,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
No, I did't. It's raining so my arthritis is acting up, and my meds ran out on my cause the wife wasn't paying attention (she likes to medicate the family as she used to work in the hospital, and usually does a good job) I am out on comp and was in an immense amount of pain at the time.

And that's an apology.
Rainy days aren't the best of days when an illness occurs. I can't say wish you well, as it never helps when someone is in pain. But I can say. Thats great that your wife is therefore you even if she isn't paying any attention, her presence should be enough!

Honestly! no apology needed! but do get well soon!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
Rainy days aren't the best of days when an illness occurs. I can't say wish you well, as it never helps when someone is in pain. But I can say. Thats great that your wife is therefore you even if she isn't paying any attention, her presence should be enough!

Honestly! no apology needed! but do get well soon!
Thanks, the sentiment is appreciated.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:57 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,982,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
What would you call a talking snake and donkey?

Real?

Need I say more, child?

Regards
DL
Well the science you believe in states, that once apon a time the entire universe we see, all the planets and galaxies, ect. were so small, you could put them all in your shirt pocket. I find a talking snake, or talking donkey far more easy to believe in, then that belief. Need I say more, child?

Old 07-21-2009, 10:14 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,982,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
LOL! I knew it was just conjecture. I couldn't resist. Regardless, it's a real animal the locals would have seen and known. Not some exotic dino. Horns and hooves highly debatable you say? Debatable in comparison to what? A dino? An anteater? My bet is on it being a gaur. Second choice is the water buffalo. You be the judge.

Angkor Carving
Attachment 45681

Gaur
Attachment 45682
Well, I dont see any Gaur or water Buffalos with bony plates running up their backs, or heavy legs. I Believe a 10 year old boy would look at the image on the temple wall and tell you right off, it's a dinosaur. And chances are, that 10 year old would say that, because he has not yet developed a bias worldview yet. So he would honestly tell you what he saw, and not what he wants it to be.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well the science you believe in states, that once apon a time the entire universe we see, all the planets and galaxies, ect. were so small, you could put them all in your shirt pocket. I find a talking snake, or talking donkey far more easy to believe in, then that belief. Need I say more, child?
Please, feel free to source your comments of "science" claiming all the planets a galaxies being small enough to fit in your pocket.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Well, I dont see any Gaur or water Buffalos with bony plates running up their backs, or heavy legs. I Believe a 10 year old boy would look at the image on the temple wall and tell you right off, it's a dinosaur. And chances are, that 10 year old would say that, because he has not yet developed a bias worldview yet. So he would honestly tell you what he saw, and not what he wants it to be.
A ten year old boy also wouldn't know enough to be able to distinguish the carving from anything else either.

We know for a FACT that the dinosaurs died out millions of years before even proto-humans evolved.

To think that a viable population of only one species would survive until this temple was built, and then suddenly die out completely leaving no trace is laughable. A species need many members to surivive.

Those "scales" would then be something else, like reeds or other plants, made to fit into the circle of the carving.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:36 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,046,216 times
There is no use using logic, facts and common sense with Campbell.

THAT is a fact.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:48 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,058,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Please, feel free to source your comments of "science" claiming all the planets a galaxies being small enough to fit in your pocket.
Men In Black II

Old 07-21-2009, 11:31 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,651,601 times
Quote:

I've already explained the "bony plates". I wouldn't doubt a 10-year-old boy might well think it's a dinosaur, but that doesn't make it a dinosaur. I'm not sure what you mean by a "bias worldview", but certainly knowing more about the region, it's history and culture helps give a better understanding. But I would agree that a 10-year-old might not have the experience to understand that just because something looks a certain way, doesn't always mean that's what it is. Do you see things like a 10-year-old? The thing is we're not talking about 10-year-old boys. We're talking about full grown adults.

The problem is that someone, or maybe a few people (mostly from other countries) have said it RESEMBLES a stegosaurus. They did not say that's what it is. Then certain people who are focused and determined to "prove" that dinos and humans co-existed at the same time, pick up those words as if it somehow proves their point. That's nonsense. All it takes is looking at the context of the wording. But instead, words like "Temple Carving" and "Stegosaur" are the only things that stick in their brain, omitting words that say it only RESEMBLES one.

Do I think it resembles a stegosaur? Yes, I can see how it does. Do I think it is a stegosaur? Nope, because I'm familiar with the region for one thing, and because any dinos that are around today are either in museums, still buried in the ground after being dead for millions of years, or in movies and toy stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality