Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 10:40 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,688,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
And just because someone is mentally handicapped does not mean they are not smart. Many geniuses have been considered mentally handicapped.
He has the IQ of oh about 79, in no way a genius, and it proves ,that you don't have to be smart to graduate. High school diploma means very little these days, that's why I got my Bachelors, now going for Masters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Yes, there are loons everywhere. Nietzsche - considered one of the smartest philosophical writers of his time, was a loon. He died in a mental institution. I don't see how that proves any point.

Seems to me you are setting up a straw man, and then gloating in victory when you knock it down.
No strawman, WTH. Go read the forum on how the sun is a crystal and doesn't provide light but reflects it and get back to me, K?

Old 07-27-2009, 10:44 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,303,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
He has the IQ of oh about 79, in no way a genius, and it proves ,that you don't have to be smart to graduate. High school diploma means very little these days, that's why I got my Bachelors, now going for Masters.
So you judge people according to numbers now? Is that what people are doing? I have my bachelors as well, and I'm on my way to get my masters. That doesn't mean I look down on people and degrade them because they've achieved less than me. Or because they don't have a high number associated with their inteligence.

Its called humility.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
No strawman, WTH. Go read the forum on how the sun is a crystal and doesn't provide light but reflects it and get back to me, K?
I beg to differ. Perfect example of the strawman fallacy. Try debating with someone who isn't of that lower tier of inteligence as you like to think of it. See how far you get.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I beg to differ. Perfect example of the strawman fallacy. Try debating with someone who isn't of that lower tier of inteligence as you like to think of it. See how far you get.
WOW someone has a complex of some sort. In no way did I ever judge people on numbers!! In no way did I claim because you do not have a high school diploma you were in anyway less intelligent, I stated that you don't have to be smart to get one..( if you knew my brother you would understand) You know what they say about assuming.
When someone can not post anything to prove their point other than quotes from a bible, or some silly already proven incorrect or fraudulent theory or discovery, it does leave one to wonder. Now miss, I am so informed and correct, please provide your proof that the dinosaurs are not millions of years old. I am very interested in your proof.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
WOW someone has a complex of some sort. In no way do I ever judge people on numbers!! In no way did I claim because you do not have a high school diploma you were in anyway less intelligent, I stated that you don't have to be smart to get one..( if you knew my brother you would understand) You know what they say about assuming.
When someone can not post anything to prove their point other than quotes from a bible, or some silly already proven incorrect or fraudulent theory or discovery, it does leave one to wonder. Now miss, I am so informed and correct, please provide your proof that the dinosaurs are not millions of years old. I am very interested in your proof.
Oh, so now I have a complex? Is this part of your arguement? And I think you do judge people based on numbers. You were the first to bring up numbers by the way, and even drew the link between your brother, his mental disability, his low IQ and graduating from high school. And smart is relative, so I won't argue that here. Unless you want to talk more about how people with 79 IQs are not smart. I have plenty of experience working with people with low IQs and I would wager that some of them have more sense than most people.

And no I don't know what they say about assuming. But I do know what they say about people who argue with fools ... hmm maybe I should stop now.

I'm not going to debate on your contrived topic. Because as I've stated before, it is a straw man and I know you are hell bent on knocking it down. So go right ahead . I hope you get some satisfaction.

Last edited by AllAboutEve; 07-27-2009 at 11:21 AM..

Old 07-27-2009, 11:16 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,421,706 times
Quote:
Why is it that nonChristians always think Christians are a bunch of idiots? Some of us did graduate with a high school diploma for crying out loud! This question, while trying to highlight the ignorance of Christians, does more to highlight the ignorance of the OP.
And who, may I ask, is it that promotes a Young Earth and Creationism in the United States?

Sure aint us non-Abrahamics.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
And who, may I ask, is it that promotes a Young Earth and Creationism in the United States?

Sure aint us non-Abrahamics.
So are you saying that tribes who believed that a giant spider created the universe, are somehow inferior to you? If that's not ignorance, I don't know what is.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:34 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,465,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Repeating the same blther over and oever won;t make it true. No where in your scripture does it state that the subn is a "crystal" or "refracts light".

BTW, the above passages you claim from the original Hebrew (like you're able to read Hebrew) is yet another piece of evidence that Jehovah is, in actuality, Atan, an Egyptician god.

The timing is perfect, Atenaken (Ramesis II) ordered Egypt to become monotheastic, worshiping a SUNGOD, Aten, who was also called Amen. The first Torah was written a few centuries after Atenaken died and Egypt reverted to their old Pantheon. Plenty of time for a "slave race" to worship the "forbidden god" in secret and to codify that religion around their evolved version of Aten.

Lastly, the earliest known Torah, found in a vault in Turkey, contain burial prayers that match, word for word, Egyptian burial spells.

The evidence just keeps piling up, doesn't it Sun Worshiper?
I do not worship a dwelling place, and you are slandering to say that I do.

Actually, your history is skewed. All our ancestors came off the Ark and had the knowledge of God.
Canaan found some of the writings of the wicked doings of men and angels before the flood and hid them in secret [Noah was still alive] and Nimrod got involved with the demons [disembodied nephillim from the time of the flood], and more fallen angels after the flood, to begin the rebellions at Babel.
When YHWH [in the Person of God the Word] came down from his dwelling place and had a look see, with the seventy angels who stood before Him, He confounded/mingled the one, edenic mother tongue, and thereafter all men were divided by tongues, and the earth was also divided and separated at that time after Babel [Book of Jasher @ http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/home.html] (http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/home.html%5D - broken link).

Osiris, a king of Egypt some short time after that Tower of Babel scattering of peoples [as pr Jasher], who was later deified by his descendants, was the king when Abram came into Egypt [one of the times]; and when he took Sarah for a concubine, God rebuked him, so he sent men to Abram with Sarah returned, and with gifts, and they asked Abram to teach them wisdom and righteousness. Abram read to them from the book of 1 Enoch [Genesis apocryphon, DSS collection]; after that, the "Amen", the hidden God in heaven as pr Enoch, was worshipped in Egypt, and the early writings on Amen, from Egypt at that time period, agree with the revelation of Him as seen by Enoch, in heaven, who saw Him as God and as with God, who made all things, who was hidden, and who was to be revealed; but his image became corrupted over time by the Egyptians, as Paul said all nations did do, who once knew God. But in Revelation, Jesus says that He is indeed "the Amen"; the same Amen who is the hidden God in heaven of Enoch's revelation, whom the ancient Egyptians once worshiped [and will worship, in Jesus Christ, soon , after Abram introduced Him to them by Enoch's revelation. [Isa 19:19 In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD].

Jesus is the true Sun of righteousness, which the created sun is only a teaching symbol of, and He is the Glory and the Light that shall outshine the sun, and give Light to the nation of Israel for the millennial reign, when they have no night there, putting the sun, itself, to shame.

Mal 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
When the Glory of Jesus Christ dawns on Israel at His return, to reign, and is their Light, then their Light shall never go down, and the nation of Israel will never have night for the entire Millennial
Isa 60:1 ¶ Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. reign.
Isa 60:20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 07-27-2009 at 11:48 AM..

Old 07-27-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Oh, so now I have a complex? Is this part of your arguement? And I think you do judge people based on numbers. You were the first to bring up numbers by the way, and even drew the link between your brother, his mental disability, his low IQ and graduating from high school. And smart is relative, so I won't argue that here. Unless you want to talk more about how people with 79 IQs are not smart. I have plenty of experience working with people with low IQs and I would wager that some of them have more sense than most people.

And no I don't know what they say about assuming. But I do know what they say about people who argue with fools ... hmm maybe I should stop now.

I'm not going to debate on your contrived topic. Because as I've stated before, it is a straw man and I know you are hell bent on knocking it down. So go right ahead . I hope you get some satisfaction.
I didn't say he was stupid now did I? I said he was not a genius, I did not know there was only two levels of intelligence, stupid and genius! I say what I mean, I don't walk around the point. If I think you are stupid, I will say it. And yes he graduated, he has a low IQ, he is not a Genius, again you don't have to be one to graduate high school. . You said "some of us graduated high school" based on not being an idiot. I know plenty that truly are idiots, that have graduated!!

And I see that your "smarts" means throwing insults out, that will prove your argument huh?

And where did I say anyone was an idiot? Do I think many are way off base? Yes. Do I think many ignore facts because it conflicts with their faith? Yes
I think scared is more acurate than stupid. Well for most on here anyway.

And you can just continue with your assuming, you seem pretty good at it. But you have no idea if I would shoot it down or not, you did not present anything. Basically this is a pretty idiotic conversation we are having, if you have evidence you want to present please do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality