Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 12:02 PM

9,496 posts, read 12,957,712 times

Advertisements

"Unfortunately, the locals could not agree on whether the stones were found in a nearby cave or a riverbed (Polidoro, 2002).

Finally, by 1975 the inquiring minds had their answers. Two of the individuals who sold the stones to Dr. Cabrera, Basilio Uchuya and his wife Irma Gutierrez, admitted that they carved the stones themselves! Later testing revealed that traces of sandpaper were found in the etchings (Polidoro, 2002).

...Dr. Meyers found even more problems with the authenticity of the Ica Stones. Dr. Meyers noticed that the etchings did not accurately depict any known dinosaurs, found pencil and hacksaw blade tool marks, and dung to make the etchings appear older than they were. Meyers found that some of the stones appeared to be authentic--the ones which did not depict prehistoric creatures."

or..

Ica Stones: Yabba-Dabba-Do! Notes on a Strange World (Skeptical Inquirer September 2002) (http://www.csicop.org/si/2002-09/strange-world.html - broken link)

(too long to cut & paste, but chok-full of interesting little dismissals of the Ica and Acambara fakeries.)

But, oh heck; just a brief clip:

"How is it that if there once was such an evolved civilization able to build telescopes and flying machines, and perform microsurgery, the best they could do to preserve the memory of their existence was to carve crude drawings on some stones?; 4) If such a civilization really existed, why is it that nowhere else in the world can traces of their existence be found?; 5) And finally, why is it that no dinosaur's fossils can be dated to an age contemporary with man?"

Of course, logical reasoning is forever not welcome here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 12:16 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,996,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Axis, I gave up a while ago.
Well, when you have no scientific review that would expose something as a fraud. And when you only have personal opinions to base your arguements on. What else could you do. I have presented lab results that confirm my point of view. You entered this debate unarmed. No doubt you believed you had a full scientific arsenal backing you up. Yet as with many, they soon discover that personal opinions do not equal a true scientific foundation. And they also discover that science does itself a diservice, everytime they ignore obvious evidence.

It's like the "Wizard of Oz". Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Only science tells us, pay no attention to the evidence below your feet, just keep looking at our theories, see how pretty they are. LOL

Old 08-16-2009, 12:24 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,429,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And perhaps some day you will demand a scientific review of presented evidence, rather then a non scientific explanation to confirm your non scientific beliefs. Of course that will require wisdom. Ignoring evidence, and dismissing it without the use of real science, is not a way to expose a fraud or a hoax. Personal opinions should never be a substitute for real science.
Dammit, they have already been reviewed!!!

Wake up.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
"Unfortunately, the locals could not agree on whether the stones were found in a nearby cave or a riverbed (Polidoro, 2002).

Finally, by 1975 the inquiring minds had their answers. Two of the individuals who sold the stones to Dr. Cabrera, Basilio Uchuya and his wife Irma Gutierrez, admitted that they carved the stones themselves! Later testing revealed that traces of sandpaper were found in the etchings (Polidoro, 2002).

...Dr. Meyers found even more problems with the authenticity of the Ica Stones. Dr. Meyers noticed that the etchings did not accurately depict any known dinosaurs, found pencil and hacksaw blade tool marks, and dung to make the etchings appear older than they were. Meyers found that some of the stones appeared to be authentic--the ones which did not depict prehistoric creatures."

or..

Ica Stones: Yabba-Dabba-Do! Notes on a Strange World (Skeptical Inquirer September 2002) (http://www.csicop.org/si/2002-09/strange-world.html - broken link)

(too long to cut & paste, but chok-full of interesting little dismissals of the Ica and Acambara fakeries.)

But, oh heck; just a brief clip:

"How is it that if there once was such an evolved civilization able to build telescopes and flying machines, and perform microsurgery, the best they could do to preserve the memory of their existence was to carve crude drawings on some stones?; 4) If such a civilization really existed, why is it that nowhere else in the world can traces of their existence be found?; 5) And finally, why is it that no dinosaur's fossils can be dated to an age contemporary with man?"

Of course, logical reasoning is forever not welcome here.
Human artifacts have been found in both stone and coal for many years. Yet those findings are rejected by believers in evolution. And you can't blame the husband and wife team for faking all the Ica Stones with strange animals carved on them. For a priest in the 1500s was asking this question back then. "What are all these strange animals found carved on these Ica burial stones?" However it appers his statement has been ignored by you as well. And such stones existed for hundreds years before the husband and wife team got involoved. And no doubt they got the idea to carve dinosaurs on the stones, because of all the stones they saw that did have dinosurs on them. And you can't blame the husband and wife team for the discovery made by Dr. Swift, made back in 1968. He also believe the Ica Stones were fakes, that was, until he discovered one in a recent Ica Tomb. And that Ica Burial stone had a dinosaur carved on it. Dr. Swift then said, it was at that moment when he realized that dinosaurs did not die out millions of years ago, but only thousands. And he also realized, that this belief of millions of years pushed by believers in Evolution, was a fraud.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Dammit, they have already been reviewed!!!

Wake up.
Ok lets do this again. Can you name the lab, and the scientists that reviewed them. What kind of time testing was done to secure their ages? Can you give us the locations of the labs involved, and the dates returned by their testing. And how many times were they tested, and how many sampls were given for testing? And what year and month did this testing occur?

If you can't give me the answers to any of these questions, maybe your the one that needs to (WAKE UP).

Old 08-16-2009, 12:55 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,668,335 times
Quote:
Oh, I have it backwards? Then can you direct me to the scientific review of the El Toro figurines? You know, the review that would scientifically expose them as frauds. Can you give me the names of the Labs, and their locations? Can you give me the dates when this review occured? Can you give me the names of the scientist involoved? Can you give me the dates returned from their time testing review?

I mean after all, your the one claiming your beliefs are based on true science. Show me the science that rufutes the lab results that confirms the ancient ages of the El Toro figurines.

Or are you just going to say that a man named Di Peso said they were fakes 50 years ago. Is this the kind of science you imbrace? I believe only a zombie could believe Di Peso comments of 50 years ago, and ignore the lab results we see today.

See there? Just like I said: zombies! You've already been provided with more information than you can shake a stick at. But that's not unexpected since zombies can't read or remember anything for long.

Sorry, but if you're expecting someone to hold your hand while you experience brain freeze, don't ask me to do it by repeating things that have already been provided for your convenience. But please feel free to continue stumbling around with a glazed look in your eyes. With any luck you might bump into something that actually makes sense.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
See there? Just like I said: zombies! You've already been provided with more information than you can shake a stick at. But that's not unexpected since zombies can't read or remember anything for long.

Sorry, but if you're expecting someone to hold your hand while you experience brain freeze, don't ask me to do it by repeating things that have already been provided for your convenience. But please feel free to continue stumbling around with a glazed look in your eyes. With any luck you might bump into something that actually makes sense.
You can't repeat things you have never stated. There are no labs that did any scientific review and you know it. Your not going to repeat anything, except someones personal bias view.
(THAT'S NOT A SCIENTIFIC REVIEW). And this is a (TYPICAL COP OUT) from a believer of evolution. If I'm wrong, can you list the labs that did a scientific review of the El Toro Figurines?

Can you do this? (YES) or (NO).

Old 08-16-2009, 01:45 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,187,085 times
Talk about your robots, they're the one programing the young minds like a bunch of robots. People like this Ham idiot and his followers make me laugh.The simple minded fools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
What Is The Christian View On The Dinosaur?

Dino museum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31mlbB8KFmY
This museum has received much criticism from the scientific community who see the timeline for creation to go well beyond 6 days and deny that man walked with dinosaurs.
If dinosaurs were around in the days of Noah then I cannot see how the arch would have held all the animals and the only animals mentioned in scripture are basically the animals we have today. There are ample ancient cave drawings, pictures and sculptures of early man but not a one of the largest animals to ever live. Why the ancient art world would have ignored this is unclear.

Is science wrong?
Is the Bible wrong?
If on the arch then where are the dinosaurs today?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=47681

Regards
DL

Old 08-16-2009, 02:31 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,429,577 times
Quote:
Ok lets do this again. Can you name the lab, and the scientists that reviewed them. What kind of time testing was done to secure their ages? Can you give us the locations of the labs involved, and the dates returned by their testing. And how many times were they tested, and how many sampls were given for testing? And what year and month did this testing occur?

If you can't give me the answers to any of these questions, maybe your the one that needs to (WAKE UP).
I have... we have... several times.

Look it up.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:55 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,867,469 times
Quote:
Yes, I do wonder why they are not in a National Museum, just as I wonder why the El Toro figurines are not in a National Museum also. Especially when there has never been a scientific review on either discovery.
And why are there no Jackalopes in any museums?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality