Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2009, 04:21 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,996,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Why bother wondering? The are not present because they are Clear Frauds.

And yes, there HAS been scientific review, you merely refuse to acknoledge this. I have offered examples of those reviews, which you scoff at and claim as some form of conspiracy by "science".

Considering the multitude of Abrahamic scientists, they shoudl JUMP at the chane to prove their religion correct whenever such a situation might occur.

However, legitimate scientists simply refuse to jump and holler at every wooden nickle fake "artifact" some lazy farmer creates and SELLS TO THEM. They instead stuidy the artifact (if the charleton releases them for examination), and if found lacking, they dismiss that hoax.
Clear frauds based on what? Your personal opinion? Where's the science in that? And speaking of the El Toro figurines, four labs have confirmed the dinosaur figurines were made thousands of years ago. How then are they obvious frauds? And science has had 60 years to make their case against them. Guess what? Were still waiting for their scientific review. Scientific revews, not on the El toro figurines, not on the Ica burial stones. I get tired of you guys making your bland statements telling me you have offer evidence to me. Yet when I ask for it again, you dummy up. The only evidence I see here is personal opinions, which you guys try to pass off as a real scientific review. And often such a person will show one obvious fraud, and then expect us to believe all the other evidence offered is frauds as well. We have fake fossils from China, should we then assume that all the fossils ever found are fakes? Please get real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
A number of other things have already been mentioned on this thread and others. Don't you read these posts?
Every other thing offered I have refuted, perhaps it is you who does not read my posts. And that is why I have asked you to show us something, that has not been refuted.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Campbell this is just a rehash of many things that have been discussed time and time again, and yet you continue to forget all the evidence that has been presented to you that thoroughly disproves all of these frauds and hoaxes....I'm not going there again... You only believe the "twilight zone" stuff in spite of proof to the contrary anyway, so why should I waste my time on you?
Your not going here again, because you have no real evidence, and I do not believe you can stand your ground. You offer vague examples of fraud dealing with the Ica burial stones, and would have us believe that all 15,000 have been faked. Yet history suggest otherwise. You ignore what the Spanish priest said of them, and you ignore the finds of Dr. Swift. As long as you can speak in vague terms you have no problems with your beliefs. Yet when you have to adress the details, your arguements fall apart.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:57 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,668,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Nope, he doesn't. Somewhere on this thread I've debunked his little clay figurines and his ica stones using (get this) a Christian scientific site. He won't even listen to those within his own faith who know these things are crap that not only make Christians look gullible but dishonest as well.

I never thought it possible but Campbell34 seems to be proof that zombies actually do exist! George Romero would be proud.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:02 PM

4,802 posts, read 8,771,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
1. Admitted hoaxs? Who admitted they made 15,000 Ica burial stones? And did they admit to making all the stones found back in the 1500s, the ones the Spanish priest was asking who carved all those strange animals on? And did they admit to makeing the one doctor Swift found in a newly opened Ica Tomb, with a dinosaur carved on it?
Again, from the Institute of Biblical and Scientific Studies:

IBSS - Other Views - Dr. Dennis Swift

Quote:
2. Who said the El Toro figurines were hoaxes? Outside of one bias believer in Evolution, who said that back in the 1950s. And why did four labs confirm they were made thousands of years ago. Wheres your scientific review that counters those findings sanspeur?
Acambaro Artifacts (http://ooparts.us/acambaro-figures.htm - broken link)

Archaeologist Charles C. Di Peso was working for the Amerind Foundation, an anthropological organization dedicated to preserving Native American culture. Di Peso examined the figures and determined that they were not authentic, and had instead been produced by local modern day farmers, publishing his results in the journal American Antiquity.

Additionally, Charles Hapgood, a professor of history and anthropology at Keene State College of the University of New Hampshire, raises some important points that your buddy Baugh will not adequately answer. 1. "Never in the previous history of archaeology have such vast numbers of artifacts been found in a few acres of ground. 2. "There is no precedent for the almost perfect preservation of so many delicate objects through burial in the earth." 3. The objects conform to no known culture." 4. "The absence of patina, or an accumulation of earth salts on most of the objects is inexplicable" (Mystery in Acambaro by Charles Hapgood, Kempton: AUP, 2000 p.89).

Quote:
3. Dino print an human print an obvious hoax? A CT Scan reveals the prints were made when the stone was soft. Where is your scientific review to counter this claim sanspeur?
Fred Flintstone waded here: Hoaxsters ready to teach creationism to Texas kids « Millard Fillmore’s Bathtub

Gary Hurd (Archaeologist with a Ph.D. in the Social Sciences) at Stones and Bones calls it all fraud and actually tells how it was done. To fake a patina that will look like this fake fossil: Brush the surface with vinegar, and then sprinkle with baking powder followed by baking soda, and let dry. Repeat until you are happy with the results. This is not the only way, or even the best way. But it is simple, and will fool the average fool. Especially easy if they want to be fooled.

Hurd goes on to say, "So, having spent a little bit more time on the photo of this fake, I feel that I understand a bit more about how it was produced. A legitimate dinosaur track was found and removed. Incompetent, unprofessional “Cleaning” damaged it. An parital overprint, or simple erosion depression was “improved” by adding “toes.” The faked surfaces were smothed over with a simple kitchen concoction to make a “patina.” Artifact fabricators next bury the fake for a year or two, or they smear it with fertilizer and leave it exposed. This helps weather the object and obscure tool marks."

Quote:
4. Many people around the world have no such oral traditions of a worldwide flood. So you say this means the flood never happened? Well there are a number of people who are not aware Obama was elected president of the United States. So does that mean he is not our president?
Exactly when do you suppose this "global flood" took place? You really don't much understand the concept of "oral tradition" do you?

Quote:
5. And can you name what civilizations pre date the Biblical story and were not affected by the global flood?
As I said, give me a date and I'll give you civilizations aplenty...you DO realize that that the word "civilization" encompasses any and all complex societies, right?

Last edited by Kele; 08-15-2009 at 05:10 PM..

Old 08-15-2009, 05:18 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,973,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Again, from the Institute of Biblical and Scientific Studies:

IBSS - Other Views - Dr. Dennis Swift

Acambaro Artifacts (http://ooparts.us/acambaro-figures.htm - broken link)

Archaeologist Charles C. Di Peso was working for the Amerind Foundation, an anthropological organization dedicated to preserving Native American culture. Di Peso examined the figures and determined that they were not authentic, and had instead been produced by local modern day farmers, publishing his results in the journal American Antiquity.

Additionally, Charles Hapgood, a professor of history and anthropology at Keene State College of the University of New Hampshire, raises some important points that your buddy Baugh will not adequately answer. 1. "Never in the previous history of archaeology have such vast numbers of artifacts been found in a few acres of ground. 2. "There is no precedent for the almost perfect preservation of so many delicate objects through burial in the earth." 3. The objects conform to no known culture." 4. "The absence of patina, or an accumulation of earth salts on most of the objects is inexplicable" (Mystery in Acambaro by Charles Hapgood, Kempton: AUP, 2000 p.89).

Snip of good stuff for brevity....
Seems like the fakers didn't learn anything from Piltdown Man.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:31 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,429,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Clear frauds based on what? Your personal opinion? Where's the science in that? And speaking of the El Toro figurines, four labs have confirmed the dinosaur figurines were made thousands of years ago. How then are they obvious frauds? And science has had 60 years to make their case against them. Guess what? Were still waiting for their scientific review. Scientific revews, not on the El toro figurines, not on the Ica burial stones. I get tired of you guys making your bland statements telling me you have offer evidence to me. Yet when I ask for it again, you dummy up. The only evidence I see here is personal opinions, which you guys try to pass off as a real scientific review. And often such a person will show one obvious fraud, and then expect us to believe all the other evidence offered is frauds as well. We have fake fossils from China, should we then assume that all the fossils ever found are fakes? Please get real.
I give up, you're hopelessly mired in frauds and hoaxes.

Perhaps someday you'll grow up and realize what a fool you've been.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:45 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,051,298 times
Axis, I gave up a while ago.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:29 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,474,753 times
The Ica stones portrayed many details of dinosaur anatomy long before those details were discovered in fossil dinosaurs. That is a fact. Evolutionists on this board are not very educated about facts because facts disturb their fairy tale fantasies.
which
Quote:
Art, Literature and History Crawling with Dinosaurs: Revisiting The Stones of Ica... Page 25Fully one third of the stones portray known dinosaur types; some displaying characteristics in the 1960’s (when the existence of the stones became “generally known”), which predated our current understanding of how these animals looked.
These stones show scenes of man controlling, killing or being killed by dinosaurs (a term first used in the mid-1800’s). As seen below, some of the scenes depicted appear to be of mechanical contrivances that remind us of Pascal’s tomb lid.
There are as estimated 50,000 Ica stones.
Ancient Ica stones are carved using a laser technology.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:33 PM

33,633 posts, read 37,297,869 times
Ooparts is the information center of the Twilight Zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality