Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 02:07 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,703,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
At the same age you are, my kids were and are long finished with school in a classroom, and are tax paying members of society.
Are you a "professional student", going to school perpetually on the taxpayers dime? -My kids got scholarships and paid their own ways.
WOW that is a real assumption!! Not all people mooch of tax payers, ever hear of loans? And just because your kids were satisfied with their level of learning doesn't mean all are. Some have a real thirst for knowledge, which I believe is a good thing, especially someone like Kele that shares her knowledge ( which makes sense) with us. And I am older, 39 to be exact, I am in school getting my Masters in Architecture. Something wrong with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 02:08 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,472,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Well, at least two of them learned to read well enough to understand astronomy.
Those two have no unbelief in God nor in His Word, nor in what I would say if we were to talk about it....They are just running from God at this time and not concerned about His Word. -Gracious, they're in their 40's [twins].
I just called my 40 year old daughter who was always an honor student, even in college, and asked her your question. She said she thinks there's as much chance that the earth goes around the sun as there is that man causes global warming. In other words; she believes the Bible. And man does not cause global warming. Activities from the sun do.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Those two have no unbelief in God nor in His Word, nor in what I would say if we were to talk about it....They are just running from God at this time and not concerned about His Word. -Gracious, they're in their 40's [twins].
I just called my 40 year old daughter who was always an honor student, even in college, and asked her your question. She said she thinks there's as much chance that the earth goes around the sun as there is that man causes global warming. In other words; she believes the Bible. And man does not cause global warming. Activities from the sun do.
But what can a crystal do?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:14 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,804,222 times
Quote:
She said she thinks there's as much chance that the earth goes around the sun as there is that man causes global warming.
LOL! Well, she's 100% correct on that one.

And I think what she was saying went right over hour head..

Old 08-25-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
WOW that is a real assumption!! Not all people mooch of tax payers, ever hear of loans? And just because your kids were satisfied with their level of learning doesn't mean all are. Some have a real thirst for knowledge, which I believe is a good thing, especially someone like Kele that shares her knowledge ( which makes sense) with us. And I am older, 39 to be exact, I am in school getting my Masters in Architecture. Something wrong with me?
My kids were not perpetual students, except one son did change majors and schools so many times, moving from this state to another, and then to Alaska, and married and had four children while going to school [his wife got pg on birth pills and then had a major problem so that she could not take them, as they were damaging her ovaries big time], and had to take a bit of time off to earn more support his family, so that it took him 9 years to get his Business degree, after going to school in 3 states.
Even at that, he got his Bachelor's at age 26.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
LOL! Well, she's 100% correct on that one.

And I think what she was saying went right over hour head..
Over your head.
She and I had a talk about it and she was poking fun at scientists who are always proved wrong, who go against the Word of God.
She takes her side with the word of God on that one, she said.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
But what can a crystal do?
refract ambient light.
What can a 'tesselated' crystal 2000+ miles in diameter do, with an outer shell [outer temple] and an inner shell [inner temple]?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:21 PM

Since you ignored it the second time around..

Quote:
If Eve had believed His Word instead of the serpent's doubting that God meant what He said, and then not tempted Adam, then we would not be a fallen race.
Tell me..
In your fairytale, who created the serpent and allowed him entry into the garden?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
refract ambient light.
What can a 'tesselated' crystal 2000+ miles in diameter do, with an outer shell [outer temple] and an inner shell [inner temple]?
Not exist?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
My kids were not perpetual students, except one son did change majors and schools so many times, moving from this state to another, and then to Alaska, and married and had four children while going to school [his wife got pg on birth pills and then had a major problem so that she could not take them, as they were damaging her ovaries big time], and had to take a bit of time off to earn more support his family, so that it took him 9 years to get his Business degree, after going to school in 3 states.
Even at that, he got his Bachelor's at age 26.
Great, but he didn't go on to get his masters, his choice. Me I have 4 kids, one while I was a teen, finished school, worked a full time job, college, got married, had cancer treatment, worked another job, going back to school, raising 3 kids at home.. And how old do you think Kele is? Again not everyone ( thank you) are your kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality