Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 05:16 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,765,364 times

Advertisements

I learn something new every day. Today I learned that Copernicanism is, in fact, not accepted by everyone, despite having 400+ years of research backing it up. And now I shall post my favorite gif. It makes just as much sense:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/monstrosity85/Random/gifbinhatersgonnahate.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 05:37 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,462,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I learn something new every day. Today I learned that Copernicanism is, in fact, not accepted by everyone, despite having 400+ years of research backing it up. And now I shall post my favorite gif. It makes just as much sense:
400 years of foolishness in a world 6000 years old is a short time indeed.
And the research does not "back it up".
So read a bit from men of "science" who can show why geocentrism is a valid belief. The math does work for it, and God said it is so.
The best evidence against geocentrism - Catholic Community Forum

Old 08-25-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
So you're summarizing the content of your posts now? Great! Saves time and bandwidth.
Yours.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:50 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,641,043 times
yeshuasavedme wrote:
The photo of yourself doesn't appear to be of a crazy woman but your statements really appear to be that of a woman who is insane. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt but you just keep saying stuff that sounds crazy. I do think that you're sincere but you just keep saying crazy stuff. I need to go to sleep!

Old 08-25-2009, 06:47 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,765,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
400 years of foolishness in a world 6000 years old is a short time indeed.
And the research does not "back it up".
Yes, it does.

Coriolis effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-25-2009, 08:19 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,758,025 times
Okay, gotta jump in here even though I cannot see (and do not want to see) all that YSM is saying, but I did catch the perpetual student, taxpayer's dime crap she's tossing around the forum.

For her information, I had a very successful career in the sign industry as a graphic designer and project manager for years before I returned to school once my children were older. I returned to pursue my dream avocation--Archaeology. My single mother status did indeed make me eligible for financial aid, i.e.; grants and yes, I definitely accepted them. But I paid taxes into the same system which provided me with the grants during my undergraduate degree for twenty five years prior to my return to school and NEVER took anything back, even during lean times when my children and I could have easily qualified for state aid.

I have taken out student loans as well as applied for and received scholarships. I have also worked full time during summer and part time during the semesters in order to continue to finance my education. Higher education in this country does not come cheaply. I'll be paying off student loans of close to $70,000 by the time I receive my graduate degree. So what of it?

Oh, and I didn't mock YSM's children's education. I mocked the garbage she was force feeding her children in the name of education--we've all seen examples of the "education" her children were receiving.

Hey rifleman--I joined you in adding her to the dustbin. I too am amazed at the fact that I cannot see an entire page of posts! Some people just need more words to say nothing than others.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:34 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,758,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Please be a Poe
Maybe she's talking about the Brunhes-Matuyama reversal.

The Brunhes-Matuyama reversal was a geologic event, approximately 780,000 years ago, when the Earth's magnetic field last underwent reversal. The reversal occurred over several thousand years. Many scientists predict that we're due again.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:45 PM

"Galileo Was Wrong: The Church Was Right
Volume I : The Scientific Case for
Geocentrism
By Robert A. Sungenis, Ph.D.

& Robert J. Bennett, Ph.D.

And Catholic Apologetics International " (http://www.catholicintl.com/products/books/gwwprint.htm - broken link)

Old 08-25-2009, 09:23 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,801,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
No it doesn't
So some videos of a babbling dementia patient are supposed to prove something?

Last edited by MrBlueSky_; 08-25-2009 at 10:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality