Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 01:08 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,467,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
And why in the name of all that is sane, would you settle for preparing children to make a taco and/or flip burgers?

My public education schooling and I are well on our way to a Master's degree.

But then again, I don't believe that the "giant crystal" Sun revolves around the "non-planet" Earth based upon the musings of illiterate shepherds.
Enoch wasn't a shepherd. Enoch was serving in the office of Firstborn of earth, as Patriarchal King of earth and priest of righteousness, before his translation to his glorified body, when he took up residence in the City of God [in Eden] above, with the angels.
Moses was raised as a prince in Egypt, and was educated in all the science and wisdom of Egypt. Moses also had all the books of the Hebrews, including Enoch and all the Patriarchs' books.
When Moses left Egypt, He delivered a city besieged in Ethiopia by his wisdom, and when the king, whose city it was, died, 9 years later, the citizens of Ethiopia made Moses king of Ethiopia for 40 years.
Really interested people in true world history can read about Moses in the 'real' Book of Jasher, which Moses wrote, which Moses redacted the information from, for Genesis.
Book of Jasher
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Okie-dokie, i'm currently on a search for a Talking Snake, i'll get back to you when i find one!

Thanks for the detailed explanation of the "light" coming from you particular cave.
I have no cave. In history, true, resident cave men were those who were fleeing disasters, like atomic wars and desolation of their civilizations by weapons of mass destruction -like Lot, after the nuking of Sodom and the cities of the plain.
-that was just to educate you on the properties of rock crystal and light, or to show you that you need to learn about light and rock crystal properties.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Do your statistics cover secular homeschooled kids? Because I imagine they are the ones responsible for the "positive" stats you cite.

I don't see creationist children having more social skills than kids educated in science and reality, since they aren't allowed to have contact with anyone outside their cult for fear that they'll learn the truth that their beliefs are utterly wrong..
Wherever you got your ideas from, they are off the mark, sick, and downright lies.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I'd like to see statistics for this.

My neighbor was homeschooling her 4 kids, a devoted Christian, very nice family. All 4 were held one grade behind. Eventually, she let them attend public school.
The stats are online and you can search them out. They used the scores, in the beginning, from kids like mine, to compile them.
I'm sorry for your neighbor. She is not the norm.
I have an ex-niece-in-law who used homeschooling as a ruse to be lazy and lie in bed til noon while her children were left to fend for themselves. She lived in another state, and her children are damaged long term from what she did, but she is also not the norm. The battle against her took years to resolve. The kids are now in public school -judge ordered- and with their father, my favorite nephew; and their step mom is a teacher [a Christian], who tries to catch them up, but the rebellion is so bad that she can only go so far.
But to tell the truth, lots of the kids who graduate from public school know no more than those kids do, and can read no better [actually, the girl is now a good reader though she had a bad beginning. The boy needed help and there was no one to give it when he needed it].
Just try to get a young adult, public schooled kid, to actually count your change back to you at a store; they cannot do it, and when the power goes out, they are at a loss to know how to make change -generally!

Old 08-25-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
We would NOT be at all, according to your believe. Probably better off anyway
That makes no sense. We were created to be sons of God of the human being kind, to be a temple not made with hands for the Glory of the Unseen YHWH to indwell -as He does dwell in all His sons.
We lost the glory and are not sons of God since the fall. We wear clothes to cover the shame of our loss of that Glory and the vanity of our being since that fall. Our Creator knew we would fall and had the plan in place for our redemption back, by adoption, into the New Creation Man's name. YHWH in the second Person is come to ransom us back, as our Kinsman -His New Man, created human being flesh body is the only brother/Kinsman to Adam, and He donned that flesh body at its preparation in the womb of the virgin, so as to be our own legal Redeemer, as that Kinsman with the right and the will, to redeem the lost seed, and the kingdom made for us, which was sold into sin and corruption at the fall.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 08-25-2009 at 02:02 PM..

Old 08-25-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Do your CHILDREN believe the earth is not a planet?

Hint: This is your chance to have an atheist defend your highly religious homeschooling of your children, ever so slightly.
You will have to ask them.
I had always read the Bible of course, and saw that the sun always rises and sets and that the sun stood still nearly a whole day for Joshua, and went backwards ten degrees for Isaiah, but I had not stopped to process the information until I read the book of 1 Enoch. Then my eyes were opened that yes, the Bible is true, means what it says, and the earth is fixed in place. I became a true geocentrist at that time. -and the earth is not flat, in the Bible; the world is a tebel [Hebrew]/globe.

Of course I share all that I learn with my adult children, except for the two who don't want to associate with us since they left their wives and children, as adults long gone from home, and went into all that the world offers [you know, sin].

Old 08-25-2009, 01:46 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,941,104 times
Well, at least two of them learned to read well enough to understand astronomy.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:49 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,802,666 times
Since you ignored it the first time around..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
If Eve had believed His Word instead of the serpent's doubting that God meant what He said, and then not tempted Adam, then we would not be a fallen race.
Tell me..
In your fairytale, who created the serpent and allowed him entry into the garden?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:54 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,694,083 times
Quote:
Good for him. I was only coming back because of the slander of homeschooling, which slander is just from jealousy, I suppose, as Homeschooled kids score higher on tests, nationally, than public schooled kids. In general, Homechooled kids have more social skills than public schooled kids -at all ages.
At any rate, my kids are grown and gone, and as I said, some have grandchildren already, and all are successful, well rounded adults.
Oh I have NO PROBLEM with homeschooling, dont get me wrong there. BUT no offense to you, but teaching things based solely on the bible in today's world I feel is way off, no offense but especially what you believe. If you dont believe in science how can you teach it? if you dont believe in the worlds history how can you teach it?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:05 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,802,666 times
Quote:
Moses was raised as a prince in Egypt, and was educated in all the science and wisdom of Egypt.
Which is also where he picked up the idea for the ten commandments. (see: the Egyptian Book of The Dead), and the concept of monotheism (see: the cult of The Aten).

Psalms 104 also owes its existence to the "Hymn to Aten" - an obscure Egyptian poem
praising the "one true God" of the Egyptians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality