Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2020, 12:45 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,775,138 times

Advertisements

That sounds like an argument that goes 'anyone who rules good is a Christian (God - approved) ruler. Any Bad is not. I can well imagine that any reversal of this and the bad Christian ruler is not a 'real' Christian and any good who was not Christian would be a 'Christian' even if they didn't realise it. Is that not the way it works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2020, 08:53 PM

10,047 posts, read 4,983,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
That sounds like an argument that goes 'anyone who rules good is a Christian (God - approved) ruler. Any Bad is not. I can well imagine that any reversal of this and the bad Christian ruler is not a 'real' Christian and any good who was not Christian would be a 'Christian' even if they didn't realise it. Is that not the way it works?
Resurrected Jesus is King of God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44) so Christians own their allegiance to Jesus as Ruler.
For now, Jesus is Head over the Christian congregation no matter where located on Earth.
Soon, Jesus as King, will be separating people at the soon coming ' time of separation' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37

Old 12-05-2020, 01:15 AM

Preaching Bibletext proves and validates nothing whatsoever, until you can show that the Bible is credible at all. Moreover, though I want to be accommodating, that is not the thread -topic.:'Is Christianity fair'.

Old 12-05-2020, 01:40 AM

2,140 posts, read 363,376 times
It’s theoretical.

Old 12-05-2020, 03:16 AM

I agree. Indeed I'll go further and opine that it's untrue.

However the topic is 'is it fair?' - "If the God of the Christian faith really exists and is really using the acceptance of Jesus Christ to determine who goes to heaven and who goes to hell is this really fair?"

Old 12-05-2020, 05:22 AM

7,597 posts, read 4,174,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I agree. Indeed I'll go further and opine that it's untrue.

However the topic is 'is it fair?' - "If the God of the Christian faith really exists and is really using the acceptance of Jesus Christ to determine who goes to heaven and who goes to hell is this really fair?"
Fairness was looked down upon where I grew up. The motto "my house, my rules" always applied and if you were in the minority, you experienced it beyond another's homestead. What I got out of that view was that rules were for everyone else but family and friends.

So to me, anyone who believes that you have to believe in Christ in order to go to heaven is, in some distant way, living by that motto. There is no reason for them to get involved in a "is it fair" argument.

Old 12-05-2020, 06:17 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,606,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Fairness was looked down upon where I grew up. The motto "my house, my rules" always applied and if you were in the minority, you experienced it beyond another's homestead. What I got out of that view was that rules were for everyone else but family and friends.

So to me, anyone who believes that you have to believe in Christ in order to go to heaven is, in some distant way, living by that motto. There is no reason for them to get involved in a "is it fair" argument.
I agree with the premise of this. In a house, is the idea of "my house my rules" unfair or is it the rules that are fair or unfair? I have three kids and every one of them thought that me making them do their homework was not only fair, but in human.

You are 100% correct ... Metaphorically speaking, anybody that thinks that making a kid do homework (or chores) is unfair really shouldn't even be talking.

Don't take this the wrong way, as a parent, I am a little annoyed at your parents. I say annoyed because they did give the world you, but man did they almost try to hide in diamond in a turd.

I see "the way is threw me" is like teaching students to solve problems using the format we give them. "hey guys, if you follow the layout I give you, you have a real chance of solving the problem even if you aren't quite sure what you did."

Now we can take it one step further. Line your equal signs up as you go down. Well, that becomes the line. Its ok to do that and its ok not do do that.

Then we have ... even tho you followed the format you wrote sloppy so you lost points.

so I don't see "Christianity" as unfair ... I see some Christians of unfair.

and I see "ok, but don't question us, we have the same goal" used a weapon to control the rational, but "not sure" ones.

Old 12-05-2020, 06:23 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,606,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Resurrected Jesus is King of God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44) so Christians own their allegiance to Jesus as Ruler.
For now, Jesus is Head over the Christian congregation no matter where located on Earth.
Soon, Jesus as King, will be separating people at the soon coming ' time of separation' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37
I teach my kids that you will see all sorts of leaders. They sound great, look great, and all have "noble causes" to try and unite us.

How can we tell?

The one thing I tell them is to look and see what they are asking you to pledge to. As soon as its them (or criminals), fight them very aggressively. Even if they didn't make a move towards you yet. By the time you have to fight them ... its to late.

case in point.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:52 AM

7,597 posts, read 4,174,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I agree with the premise of this. In a house, is the idea of "my house my rules" unfair or is it the rules that are fair or unfair? I have three kids and every one of them thought that me making them do their homework was not only fair, but in human.

You are 100% correct ... Metaphorically speaking, anybody that thinks that making a kid do homework (or chores) is unfair really shouldn't even be talking.

Don't take this the wrong way, as a parent, I am a little annoyed at your parents. I say annoyed because they did give the world you, but man did they almost try to hide in diamond in a turd.

I see "the way is threw me" is like teaching students to solve problems using the format we give them. "hey guys, if you follow the layout I give you, you have a real chance of solving the problem even if you aren't quite sure what you did."

Now we can take it one step further. Line your equal signs up as you go down. Well, that becomes the line. Its ok to do that and its ok not do do that.

Then we have ... even tho you followed the format you wrote sloppy so you lost points.

so I don't see "Christianity" as unfair ... I see some Christians of unfair.

and I see "ok, but don't question us, we have the same goal" used a weapon to control the rational, but "not sure" ones.
Good points, Arach.

I would like to address the bolded. I don't know how to address your first question without getting way too off-topic.

The denotation of <problem> is literally "the thing put forward." If you put forward the problem, of course, you have the solution or the format in how to solve the problem. Who put forth the problem of getting into heaven?

Old 12-05-2020, 12:07 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,196,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Is Christianity Fair?
Yes, if you are a White male born in a developed Western Democracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality