Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 01:02 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,584,039 times

Advertisements

God is important to me because He is about love and caring,and I know that I have an innate feeling that there is someone bigger and better than me. I don't put my trust in man but in God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 01:11 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,929,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
God is important to me because He is about love and caring,and I know that I have an innate feeling that there is someone bigger and better than me. I don't put my trust in man but in God.
Boy, right on man, partially. I certainly wouldn't put my trust in my fellow man either. As a bio-scientist I've seen first-hand the massive destruction they want to rain down on the natural world all in the name of more cheap fuel for their big pickup trucks and Houston based mega-corporations.

But to then default to, and put your trust in, an unproven supernatural, deity and write off the bad stuff as "God works in mysterious ways", or give him full credit when something coincidentally good happens?

Isn't that a sort of "Belief of Convenience" program? Doesn't that bother you a bit on the "intellectual honesty" side of the equation?

If I'm right, and there is nothing beyond this chaotic existence we evolved into, with our higher-level abilities to comprehend and think into the future, so be it. We can try to get it right, but I'm not so sure we can ignore our genetic imperatives of greed and lust.

Cheers, and happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2009, 01:14 PM

211 posts, read 549,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Oh, I don't know about the "nothing good" portion of the comment. You have at least read a different point of view from that of your own. That can be considered a good thing, even if it didn't change your mind.
We get it. You have made it abundantly and repeatedly clear that Jesus isn't important to you! So why are you still here? You say that you aren't the typical antagonistic, street marching, protesting, up in arms atheist ready to jump down Christians' throats...and yet here you are post after post just proving my point that you guys are all the same!

Old 11-24-2009, 02:20 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,566,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChick View Post
We get it. You have made it abundantly and repeatedly clear that Jesus isn't important to you! So why are you still here? You say that you aren't the typical antagonistic, street marching, protesting, up in arms atheist ready to jump down Christians' throats...and yet here you are post after post just proving my point that you guys are all the same!
Wow! You got all that from a benign post commenting on another poster having read a post?

You truly are a bigot and a fool. You don't even try to live by your own religious teachings, insist that everyone else live by them though. You make assumptions that only prove you lack intelligence and can see no farther that the end of your nose through your hate.

Most people on these threads of differing opinions can at least express themselves without going stupid like you have. Why are you still here? Haven't you noticed that none are agreeing with you and your particular brand of bigotry/narrow mindedness?

Someday I hope that you learn to think before posting such nonsense as would seem to be your typical post.

I truly pity any who come in personal contact with you.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:22 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,309,853 times
Quote:
Wow! You got all that from a benign post commenting on another poster having read a post?

You truly are a bigot and a fool. You don't even try to live by your own religious teachings, insist that everyone else live by them though. You make assumptions that only prove you lack intelligence and can see no farther that the end of your nose through your hate.

Most people on these threads of differing opinions can at least express themselves without going stupid like you have. Why are you still here? Haven't you noticed that none are agreeing with you and your particular brand of bigotry/narrow mindedness?

Someday I hope that you learn to think before posting such nonsense as would seem to be your typical post.

I truly pity any who come in personal contact with you.
Your insults don't make you look smart, so it seems you are only here to insult people who post. You call this person stupid and a fool. You are the one who seems like you are here for nothing other but to insult the people here. So, who in deed looks like a fool. I pity you, you are full of attacks and insults that is not making much sense here. If you feel that way we are not twisting your arm to stay here. You call this person a bigot and a fool, but you sound just what you try to label a person in doing.

Yes, we believe in something totally different from you, you did notice the forum? If you don't believe in what we believe or not even interested in what the OP is posting, then why are you here? Seems nothing more to me but you wanting to attack the people here.

It seems that by your own words of calling someone a bigot, fool, and stupid you are not even interested in respecting the people here and what they are posting. You are being very disrepectful and I feel very sorry for anyone who come in contact with you for you sounds like a very nasty person with an attitude toward people who think differently from you.

Quote:
Quote:
This is all the person said and in your reply you call the person stupid, a fool and a bigot. This was uncalled for. It seems you have a problem with someone challenging you by asking a question. If you are not interested in anything here we are talking, why are you here, but to degrade and attack? Yea, you talk about Christians, but look at your attitude and how you do things. Yea, you are so much better than Christians that you talk about.

No one here is trying to make you believe anything, you came here with you attitude of attack and nonsense. Get over yourself and leave if you don't like what we are talking about.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 11-24-2009 at 03:37 PM..

Old 11-24-2009, 03:35 PM

[quote=Miss Shawn_2828;11763961]
Quote:
Your insults don't make you look smart, so it seems you are only here to insult people who post. You call this person stupid and a fool. You are the one who seems like you are here for nothing other but to insult the people here. So, who in deed looks like a fool. I pity you, you are full of attacks and insults that is not making much sense here. If you feel that way we are not twisting your arm to stay here. You call this person a bigot and a fool, but you sound just what you try to label a person in doing.
Did you even read the post this wackjob quoted? Absolutely no insult to you, it was addressed to you and she attacks out of the blue. Is it some kind of theist fatwa with you people, or are you just that intolerant?

Quote:
Yes, we believe in something totally different from you, you did notice the forum. If you don't believe in what we believe or not even interested in what the OP is posting, then why are you here. Seems nothing more to me but you wanting to attack the people here.
I did notice the forum, did you? If you only want to talk rainbows and unicorns with people that only agree with you, try the christianity forum. Of course they won't all agree with you either. Of course, any attack made by you and yours is bound to be on topic, right? Another fine example of bigotry and intolerance by you oh so wonderful religious types. And you wonder why you fail to attract more to your particular faith?

Quote:
It seems that by your own words of calling someone a bigot, fool, and stupid you are not even interested in respecting the people here and what they are posting. You are being very disrepectful and I feel very sorry for anyone who come in contact with you for you sounds like a very nasty person with an attitude toward people who think differently from you.
Once again, did you read what she typed? I did not attack you, yet you seem to be defending her attack on me. This is how you show respect for what others are posting? This is how you react to people who think differently than you?

It would seem that, once again, a theist has been hung by their own words and failure to act on their own beliefs.

You are another one that obviously needs pity for your delusions.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
This is all the person said and in your reply you call the person stupid, a fool and a bigot. This was uncalled for. It seems you have a problem with someone challenging you by asking a question. If you are not interested in anything here we are talking, why are you here, but to degrade and attack? Yea, you talk about Christians, but look at your attitude and how you do things. Yea, you are so much better than Christians that you talk about.

No one here is trying to make you believe anything, you came here with you attitude of attack and nonsense. Get over yourself and leave if you don't like what we are talking about.

The one who have a problem with anyone challenging them would appear to be the theists. Proof of their delusion, or even questioning of it, and you cannot even have a discussion on it. You attack and claim gawds will, in direct opposition to your own teachings.

Bad christian. Go sit in the corner.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:41 PM

33,569 posts, read 37,185,374 times
Typically atheists are not antagonistic, street marching, protesting, or up in arms, ( although that description certainly fits some christians ) and of course we are not all the same. To say otherwise is a bigoted point of view no matter how you slice it.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:55 PM

Once again I see that you have no respect, once again look at the words that you post. You seem to have a problem with respect.

Quote:
Is it some kind of theist fatwa with you people, or are you just that intolerant?

Once again disrespectful and not called for.. Did I use the term you people with you.

This is what she asked you and I don't see this as an attack. She was asking you a question. Lets see what she wrote and see what you wrote!

Quote:
I don't see her calling you stupid, a fool, or a bigot, but you in the other hand, come back at her with a nasty comments.

Quote:
You truly are a bigot and a fool.You make assumptions that only prove you lack intelligence and can see no farther that the end of your nose through your hate. Most people on these threads of differing opinions can at least express themselves without going stupid like you have. Why are you still here? Haven't you noticed that none are agreeing with you and your particular brand of
Quote:
bigotry/narrow mindedness?
Now from what she wrote and what you wrote, we clearly see the difference.

Quote:
I did notice the forum, did you? If you only want to talk rainbows and unicorns with people that only agree with you, try the christianity forum. Of course they won't all agree with you either. Of course, any attack made by you and yours is bound to be on topic, right? Another fine example of bigotry and intolerance by you oh so wonderful religious types. And you wonder why you fail to attract more to your particular faith?
See that the thing we are not here to talk about rainbows and unicorns, we are here because the OP asked Why is God/important to you. So, of course you are going to have people here who are posting why God or Jesus is important to them. I see what she wrote: She said it is clear that Jesus is not important to you, and she then said that you say that you are not the typical atheists who jump down Christians throats, but yet your post is proving other wise.

I am looking at your post, if you say that you are different, why are you here calling someone stupid, a fool and a bigot. That to me shows you are saying one thing and doing another. I am not attacking you, I am asking about the words that you are chosing, which is in a attack manner.

Quote:

Once again, did you read what she typed? I did not attack you, yet you seem to be defending her attack on me. This is how you show respect for what others are posting? This is how you react to people who think differently than you?

It would seem that, once again, a theist has been hung by their own words and failure to act on their own beliefs.

You are another one that obviously needs pity for your delusions.
Yes, I read it, and I will post it.

Quote:
I see her asking you a question and saying if you say that you are not the typical atheists why are you using nasty words to come back at her. Is she calling you a fool, is she calling you stupid, is she calling you a bigot, like you called her.

It seems you have a hard time with using certain language. I asked you questions, and the best you can come up with is you people, you are delusional.. Now who is being judgemental, Yea Predos you really are something. You scream that Christian don't practice what they preach, but you come here with the an attitude of disrespect.

I would like to know, if you don't care about the subject or the comments here, why are you here?

Old 11-24-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
The one who have a problem with anyone challenging them would appear to be the theists. Proof of their delusion, or even questioning of it, and you cannot even have a discussion on it. You attack and claim gawds will, in direct opposition to your own teachings.

Bad christian. Go sit in the corner.
LOL, the more you type the more we see who you really are. You really are full of attacks and full of disrepect. Every post that you comment you have something negative to say.

I am not challenging you on anything. I simply asked you a question, and from you I get you are delusion, you people. Yea, Predos you are so different as you claim. LOL, you really are what you post show you do be, and that is what you are labeling on other people.

I can debate without calling someone a fool, stupid, and a bigot, you seem to have a hard time with respecting people on what they believe.

I never once attacked you for being atheists or labels. I simply said you are what you try to label on people.

You are really sad and I truely do feel sorry for you.

You call me a bad Christian for calling you out on the words that you use, you are the one that need to sit in a corner. I know that you don't represent atheists, because I have met a lot and they don't act or use the words that you do. You simply stand alone in this issue within yourself.

LOL, you sound mad. I get a kick out of reading your post. You say that you are one thing, but yet you words say other wise. I get a kick out of people's post revealing what is rooted inside of them. You say that she is hating, you words are coming off as hate. OH, boy I better watch out, Predos may round off and call me dumb, stupid, for what I believe.

I can believe what I believe and I have the right to post what I believe without having to deal with someone attacking that. You believe in no God, then that is your choice. You are the one that is having a hard time with what others think, without expressing hate in your words.

Quote:
The one who have a problem with anyone challenging them would appear to be the theists
I don't have a problem with being challenged on my believe, I have a problem when someone challenges with a nasty attitude and attack a person for what they believe. If you want to challenge me or others on what we believe, then start a thread. That would be the place to do that.

The OP asked us a question on why God is important to us? You are the one who felt the need to come here with your insults and attacks. If you want to post that God is not important to you then that is fine, but why stick around to do nothing but attack those who are sincerely posting to the OP, not you.

If you want to challenge us, then start a thread.

I think that it is disgusting when someone says that someone is doing something, but then they turn around and do the same exact thing.

Quote:
and you cannot even have a discussion on it
If you want a discussion, then start a thread to discuss our faith. This thread is why is God important to us. The OP didn't asked anything about what you are searching for. YOu simply came up with that attack on your own.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 11-24-2009 at 04:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality