Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 10:06 AM

211 posts, read 548,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewl1164 View Post
I do believe what you believe. How can I make you understand that? You do not know for a fact what will happen at death. Neither do I. We can only go by what the Bible says. When we die...what we believe will be confirmed. I KNOW by BELIEF, not by having experienced it. It is by FAITH I believe, not KNOWLEDGE of having experienced it. The KNOWLEDGE I have is from FAITH in what God says in the Bible. By the way...God does not threaten..He promises. He promises salvation to those who believe and damnation to those who do not.

Yes, He promises damnation. That is a threat to an atheist.

Maybe you do believe as I do for the most part, but God says we can know that we have eternal life and so I know. I don't say "Well, I believe the Bible, but if I die tomorrow and I'm not in Heaven then I guess it just wasn't real."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 10:07 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChick View Post
HA! You disagree with that? What a joke. The ACLU is your best friend! You guys practically stalk the schools looking for a chance to pounce on the first teacher who happens to be leading the class in the Pledge of Allegiance! You just love it when someone at 'The Home Depot' wishes you a Merry Christmas because then you can sue and get lots of $$$$$$$$$$$, so the people at 'Home Depot' cowtow to you out of fear because they don't want to go bankrupt!

Oh yes, you guys just LOVE Christians
What the hell are you ranting about? You know what they say about people who assume, don't you?

Almost my entire family is Christian, but unlike you they are tolerant non judgmental unassuming Christians. I really think you belong in the twit filter.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:14 AM

No sir, what are YOU ranting about?

You said that I was "insulting atheists" by telling the truth about Heaven and Hell.
My response to that: "A Christian's mere existence is an insult to an atheist"
To which you replied that it was wrong on so many levels!
How so, sir? Insulting an atheist is the easiest thing in the world.
Everything I know about atheists is anti-Christian in every conceivable way!
So why are you here at all?
And I doubt your Christian family would be so tolerant if you spoke to them the way you speak here.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:17 AM

51 posts, read 153,692 times
The bantering between me and ShabbyChick must be very amusing to the athiests! The arrogance she and I show must also be amusing. How can we be showing love for the unsaved athiests by arguing amongst ourselves and with them? They obviously have made their decision based upon knowledge and experiences in their lives just as we have in ours. Hateful comments does neither any good. In the spirit of the original post...Jesus/God is important to me because I have a soul and was created by God. He knew me before I was made. He knows everything about me..the good and the bad...and loves me anyway. He wants to be a part of my life and me to be a part of His. I know God loves me because He gave His Son to die for my sins so I would not have to be separated from Him when I die. He has promises for me. Promises to guide me and protect me. Promises to provide for me. Promises to be there for me when nobody else is. Promises to prepare a place for me. He loves me. No matter what happens to me...whether I starve to death, die in a car crash, die from a disease...I have the PROMISE of salvation and eternity with God. I can lose everything I have in this world including my physical life. I can never lose my relationship with God. That is why God/Jesus is so important to me.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:22 AM

True, Steve. The reason that it goes on and on is because atheists have invaded the thread (as they love to do anytime they can get their digs in). You and I must be out of our minds, unintelligent Christians, and haughty to believe we know the truth. They can never leave well enough alone. Arguing? Maybe. You just hope you can get through to them somehow before it's too late, you know?

And I will not apologize for being angry that our freedoms are being taken away left and right because of "offended atheists". My husband is going to be a Pastor and it makes us sick what is going on in this country thanks to a few loud, greedy and Godless people.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:27 AM

51 posts, read 153,692 times
Quote:
True, Steve. The reason that it goes on and on is because atheists have invaded the thread (as they love to do anytime they can get their digs in). You and I must be out of our minds, unintelligent Christians, and haughty to believe we know the truth. They can never leave well enough alone. Arguing? Maybe. You just hope you can get through to them somehow before it's too late, you know?

And I will not apologize for being angry that our freedoms are being taken away left and right because of "offended atheists". My husband is going to be a Pastor and it makes us sick what is going on in this country thanks to a few loud, greedy and Godless people.
Dave Ramsey says a person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. Do what you do in love. Remember..the sickening thing should not be the athiests...it should be Satan.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:35 AM

The sickening thing is that a few people get to decide what we all get to do. Satan or not, that should scare you.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:57 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Then that is your belief. Don't make it the standard for all Christians.
Why? Is that your self appointed job?

There have been some reasonable statements made here, just not by you.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Oh yes, you guys just LOVE Christians
No, we don't love christians. On the other hand, we don't hate all non-christians which apparantly is your belief.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
The sickening thing is that a few people get to decide what we all get to do. Satan or not, that should scare you.
And that is exactly what you are attempting to do. Shame on you for being so hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality