Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 07:29 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,561,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
LOL, the more you type the more we see who you really are. You really are full of attacks and full of disrepect. Every post that you comment you have something negative to say.

I am not challenging you on anything. I simply asked you a question, and from you I get you are delusion, you people. Yea, Predos you are so different as you claim. LOL, you really are what you post show you do be, and that is what you are labeling on other people.

I can debate without calling someone a fool, stupid, and a bigot, you seem to have a hard time with respecting people on what they believe.

I never once attacked you for being atheists or labels. I simply said you are what you try to label on people.

You are really sad and I truely do feel sorry for you.

You call me a bad Christian for calling you out on the words that you use, you are the one that need to sit in a corner. I know that you don't represent atheists, because I have met a lot and they don't act or use the words that you do. You simply stand alone in this issue within yourself.

LOL, you sound mad. I get a kick out of reading your post. You say that you are one thing, but yet you words say other wise. I get a kick out of people's post revealing what is rooted inside of them. You say that she is hating, you words are coming off as hate. OH, boy I better watch out, Predos may round off and call me dumb, stupid, for what I believe.

I can believe what I believe and I have the right to post what I believe without having to deal with someone attacking that. You believe in no God, then that is your choice. You are the one that is having a hard time with what others think, without expressing hate in your words.

I don't have a problem with being challenged on my believe, I have a problem when someone challenges with a nasty attitude and attack a person for what they believe. If you want to challenge me or others on what we believe, then start a thread. That would be the place to do that.

The OP asked us a question on why God is important to us? You are the one who felt the need to come here with your insults and attacks. If you want to post that God is not important to you then that is fine, but why stick around to do nothing but attack those who are sincerely posting to the OP, not you.

If you want to challenge us, then start a thread.

I think that it is disgusting when someone says that someone is doing something, but then they turn around and do the same exact thing.

If you want a discussion, then start a thread to discuss our faith. This thread is why is God important to us. The OP didn't asked anything about what you are searching for. YOu simply came up with that attack on your own.
Having read a number of your posts it has become increasingly clear why you get so little support for your position. Blind faith and adherence to a lack of logic expalins a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 02:59 PM

19 posts, read 26,650 times
Default Faith

The question is WHY:

I was just wondering why is God/Jesus is so important to you? Kansas seems like a bible thumbing state. Every where I go people look at me funny when I tell them I don't believe in God/Jesus or Lucifer and I'm Agnostic.

Now my second question is. Why do you believe there is a god and Jesus really is who he said he was?

After reading through these posts, I think you should understand that believers should not try to explain their faith to an unbeliever, it just doesn’t work!!

Romans 14:22. Hast thou faith? Have it to thyself before Yahweh.

I would like to throw in a little food for thought…

It’s just common knowledge that everyone believes in something or they wouldn’t have a reason to live. You either believe in marriage or not, working or not, some choose to have children some don’t, so on and so on!!!

If nothing else, you surly believe you want to keep breathing??

Some choose to lead a spiritual life, some don’t!
The reason for the one is not of importance to another if there’s no care or concern, don’t you think???

Now you may or may not be looking for an answer to your questions, I don’t know. And this is about the best I can do….and I am really am sorry that you feel this way…

Yes, I know that you’re not sorry

Old 12-04-2009, 07:37 PM

48 posts, read 40,076 times
I am an educated Northern Catholic and know there is a God. There is tons of proof out there. Have you ever heard of Saint Padre Pio the Catholic priest who had the stigmata and bore the wounds of Christ? Have you heard of the miracles that happened when Mary the Mother of Jesus Christ appeared at Fatima in Portugal or Lourdes in France? If not, you shoud look these thing up and read about them. You might find them interesting. Isn't it kind of depressing to think this is the only life you have on earth? If I am right and believe and worship God, I go to heaven when I die. If you are right and I die nothing happens to me when I die. So either way I'm safe. If I'm right and your wrong you go to hell. Doesn't that worry you? By following the teachings of Christ and his church, I have been able to make wonderful choices and decisions in life which have led to much peace. Living according to Gods laws are for our own good. Living contrary to Gods laws does and has led to chaos and war in the world.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
no more than a rudder to a ship or a light in a dark hall.
but those of the darkness-- like the darkness.
for them-- grey is good.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:51 PM

19 posts, read 26,650 times
Default Catholic or not

Centraljersian

I am an educated Northern Catholic and know there is a God. There is tons of proof out there. Have you ever heard of Saint Padre Pio the Catholic priest who had the stigmata and bore the wounds of Christ? Have you heard of the miracles that happened when Mary the Mother of Jesus Christ appeared at Fatima in Portugal or Lourdes in France? If not, you shoud look these thing up and read about them. You might find them interesting. Isn't it kind of depressing to think this is the only life you have on earth? If I am right and believe and worship God, I go to heaven when I die. If you are right and I die nothing happens to me when I die. So either way I'm safe. If I'm right and your wrong you go to hell. Doesn't that worry you? By following the teachings of Christ and his church, I have been able to make wonderful choices and decisions in life which have led to much peace. Living according to Gods laws are for our own good. Living contrary to Gods laws does and has led to chaos and war in the world.

Educated Northern Catholic, no doubt??? Take a bite out of this!!

No doubt you have heard this before but being a Catholic or protestant of any nature just means you are of a religious sect. There were priests out of the tribe of Levi, but didn’t that change after the cross??

What is a Catholic? Where did they come from? What scripture in the NT condones priesthood (from Acts through Revelation)? And don’t bring in Melchizedek because that was the new order in the priesthood!!!

I do know that Nimrod started a Catholic Church with priests and nuns, while sacrificing to Baal…Has this anything to do with the present Roman Catholic Church?? Where is the distinction between the two??

I suppose you believe in Jesus, Christ, Lord and God??? Who are they??? Where did they come from???

Chaos and war was very evident during the inquisition and crusades led by the Vatican against the so called heretic…

Old 12-06-2009, 02:29 PM

211 posts, read 548,961 times
Something to put in your pipes...

Christians are happy people. We love God, we love serving Him, and we love serving one another.
Atheists are miserable, wretched and hateful people. They can't stand to see anyone else happy and enjoying life. So what else can they do with their miserable existence? I mean what do they do all day with all that pent up rage? They look for people to antagonize and harrass. If they see you in the supermarket and you are a kind and happy person who happens to wish them Merry Christmas...watch out! They'll attack you! They will give you the evil eye if they see you pray before eating at a restaurant. After all, why should THEY have to witness such a "Christian display" in public? They go to school board meetings to protest the Pledge of Allegiance or to dispute Christmas Vacation and Christmas programs. They cannot stand to see people who love God and are successful and happy. They will not leave Christians alone. But they will never admit that their real problem is that they want what we have, and it can't be found in a bottomless pit.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:00 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,631,496 times
ShabbyChick wrote:
Quote:

Christians are happy people. We love God, we love serving Him, and we love serving one another.
Atheists are miserable, wretched and hateful people. They can't stand to see anyone else happy and enjoying life.
When I first saw your name as ShabbyChick I was hoping that you might be attempting to be witty and I was interested in what you might have to say. Sadly, I was very disappointed. I'm an atheist and I don't have a hateful bone in my body. In fact, I'd like everyone to respect the beliefs of others as well as the lack of beliefs as I do but I now see that you've categorized all of us who don't find any compelling evidence to convince us that God or the world of the supernatural is real. I wish no ill will to anyone and I think if you'd read some of the posts of my fellow atheists that you'd see that many of them feel the same way I do. What you've actually done is accuse us of having the same stereotypes of people we don't understand their fellow human beings and have no desire to do so that a great many religious people have been doing for centuries. It's kind of sad.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:04 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,403,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChick View Post

Atheists are miserable, wretched and hateful people. They can't stand to see anyone else happy and enjoying life. So what else can they do with their miserable existence? I mean what do they do all day with all that pent up rage? They look for people to antagonize and harrass. If they see you in the supermarket and you are a kind and happy person who happens to wish them Merry Christmas...watch out! They'll attack you! They will give you the evil eye if they see you pray before eating at a restaurant. After all, why should THEY have to witness such a "Christian display" in public? They go to school board meetings to protest the Pledge of Allegiance or to dispute Christmas Vacation and Christmas programs. They cannot stand to see people who love God and are successful and happy. They will not leave Christians alone. But they will never admit that their real problem is that they want what we have, and it can't be found in a bottomless pit.
I disagree with you, to say Atheist are miserable, wretched hateful people is just wrong. Just as to say Christians are happy is wrong. I know some pretty sad Christians and I know some wonderful caring thoughtful Atheist.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:40 PM

33,563 posts, read 37,165,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChick View Post

Well I don't know about happy, but I certainly see one very angry Christian here.....

By the way I, and other atheists I know are live and let live kinds of people...We bother no one if we are not bothered. No harassing or antagonizing my dear ShabbyChick....Your anger seems almost toxic.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:59 PM

48 posts, read 40,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elder100jlb View Post
Centraljersian

Educated Northern Catholic, no doubt??? Take a bite out of this!!

No doubt you have heard this before but being a Catholic or protestant of any nature just means you are of a religious sect. There were priests out of the tribe of Levi, but didn’t that change after the cross??

What is a Catholic? Where did they come from? What scripture in the NT condones priesthood (from Acts through Revelation)? And don’t bring in Melchizedek because that was the new order in the priesthood!!!

I do know that Nimrod started a Catholic Church with priests and nuns, while sacrificing to Baal…Has this anything to do with the present Roman Catholic Church?? Where is the distinction between the two??

I suppose you believe in Jesus, Christ, Lord and God??? Who are they??? Where did they come from???

Chaos and war was very evident during the inquisition and crusades led by the Vatican against the so called heretic…
Thanks for your questions. I will try to answer them as best I can without writing a book. First of all Catholic is a greek word that means "universal" in the sense of "in keeping with the whole" The Catholic church is the oldest Christian Church with an apostolic succession started with the first Pope Simon Peter and the other apostles of Jesus. Jesus sent his apostles to preach the good news that death is not the end of life and that we can all have eternal life and live in joy and union with God forever. Jesus wanted this proclaimed to all people and nations so that we can all be unified as one. That's why we use the word catholic. Nimrod was a pagan who worshiped a false God Baal in the old testament. That has nothing to do with the Catholic church. The Catholic Churh is the fulfillment of the Jewish religion because we accept Jesus as the Messiah which was forfold. Before Christ when a person sinned, they would atone for it by bringing and animal such as a lamb which was very valuable to the temple and the priest would sacrifice it for the person's sins. Jesus was the Lamb of God in that he suffered and died to atone for our sins. God sent Jesus into the world to show us how much he loves us and that he wants us to have eternal life with him. Before Jesus died he had a last supper with his disciples. He broke bread and said "this is my body which will be given up for you and for all so that sins may be forgiven. Take this all of you and eat". They he took a cup of wine and said "This is my blood which will be shed for you and for all so that sins my be forgiven. Take and drink. Do this in memory of me". We have priests in the Catholic church to obey this command "do this in memory of me" because a Catholic Mass is the memorial of Christs life, death, and resurection and is a sacrafice. The priest Consecrates bread and wine into the true presence of Jesus Christ who is the ultimate sacrifice just as the priests of the old testament sacrified the animals and then had to eat the sacrifice. In the days of the Crusades and Inquisition there was no separation of church and state. Muslems and others were invading Catholic states. The Catholics were trying to protect their nations. Maybe the invasions were a punishent for sin. War is always the result of sin going back to the old testament. As to where God came from, only he can answer that one. I hope you will find these answers helpful and I wish you all the best in your search for the truth. God bless you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality