Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 12:12 PM

211 posts, read 548,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
And that is exactly what you are attempting to do. Shame on you for being so hypocritical.

Go back and re-read your many posts and tell me how a thinking person is supposed to make any sense of them.

"Aetheists don't hate all non-christians." LOL..........put tape over it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 12:17 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChick View Post
I was raised in a very Catholic family, and you're right, what a waste of time! It did nothing for me. Then when I was 20 I was taken to a Baptist church...what a difference. I had to "unlearn" everything I had been taught about God, the church, sin, etc. What I found for the first time in my life was the TRUTH. You must forget about the poop (sorry, pope), put your religion (or lack thereof) away, set aside all your little prejudices... and you can find God! He will show you that He exists,
IF YOU LET HIM.
YOU JUST HAVE TO GET YOURSELF OUT OF THE WAY FIRST.
I tried that...there is nothing there. If you need that sort of thing, more power to you(!). Yeah, some of those Baptists could sell snowballs to an Inuit. But that doesn't mean it's "TRUTH".

An omnipotent god shouldn't be hard to find if there is one. Besides, I'm convinced that there isn't. If I "let" him? How could I stop him if he wanted me to know about him? I looked hard for several years, and finally realized the utter futility of it. It isn't a question of my ego.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I tried that...there is nothing there. If you need that sort of thing, more power to you(!). Yeah, some of those Baptists could sell snowballs to an Inuit. But that doesn't mean it's "TRUTH".

An omnipotent god shouldn't be hard to find if there is one. Besides, I'm convinced that there isn't. If I "let" him? How could I stop him if he wanted me to know about him? I looked hard for several years, and finally realized the utter futility of it. It isn't a question of my ego.

INUIT!!! LOL...you're cute. Wrong, but cute. He may be found of those who earnestly seek Him.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:38 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
Go back and re-read your many posts and tell me how a thinking person is supposed to make any sense of them.

"Aetheists don't hate all non-christians." LOL..........put tape over it
Take note of the fact that you don't deny hating all who are, according to you, non-christians. Link this with the supposed love and acceptance (which you do not display) of being christian. Then add in the conceit of saying your gawd personally taught you and told you things (sin of arrogance not to mention conceit) and you will see why many are calling BS on your statements. Not even well thought out statements at that.

As for what a thinking person making sense of anything, doesn't that suggest to you that you are not a thinking person? Maybe just a delusional sheep?

Old 11-22-2009, 12:50 PM

51 posts, read 153,728 times
Quote:
Yes, He promises damnation. That is a threat to an atheist.

Maybe you do believe as I do for the most part, but God says we can know that we have eternal life and so I know. I don't say "Well, I believe the Bible, but if I die tomorrow and I'm not in Heaven then I guess it just wasn't real."
Yes, the bible says I have eternal life. I do believe that. I just have not experienced it..that is where faith comes in. Damnation is not a threat to an anthiest...they do not feel a threat because they do not fear something that in their mind does not exist.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:53 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewl1164 View Post
Yes, the bible says I have eternal life. I do believe that. I just have not experienced it..that is where faith comes in. Damnation is not a threat to an anthiest...they do not feel a threat because they do not fear something that in their mind does not exist.
Exactly! This is the reasonable type post that I was referring to. I have no problem if you believe, simply understand that others may have different beliefs.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Take note of the fact that you don't deny hating all who are, according to you, non-christians. Link this with the supposed love and acceptance (which you do not display) of being christian. Then add in the conceit of saying your gawd personally taught you and told you things (sin of arrogance not to mention conceit) and you will see why many are calling BS on your statements. Not even well thought out statements at that.

As for what a thinking person making sense of anything, doesn't that suggest to you that you are not a thinking person? Maybe just a delusional sheep?
Sin of arrogance, huh? Don't tell me you believe in sin. And by many I assume you mean 2.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewl1164 View Post
Then why did he call it a threat?

Old 11-22-2009, 01:08 PM

4 posts, read 3,271 times
If their wasn't a God than explain how we are all still here today. Our problems do not solve themselves. Yes things do happen in life that we don't understand why they happen but always in the long run something good comes out of what happened. I have hit alot of dead end roads in my life and it was always times in my life I was not living my life right. Finally I hit my bottom and I chose the road I have never tried and that was Gods road. First I started going into a church very early in the morning after I took my kids to school. I felt better being by myself because I did nort attend church and I was embarrised to pray in front of people. I remember walking into that church and getting on my knees and telling God that I know that my life was messed up and that I have made bad decisions. I told him that I had 2 kids a husband and that I could not take the disfunctional life style that had been living forever. I prayed for him to show me thta he wasa real I needed a sign to show me that I had a reason to have faith and to believe that a better life exist. I went into this church for about a wek praying. One day I was leaving and the secretary come out and introduced herself to me and said she had been seeing me come in every morning and praying and she wanted me to know even thogh she did not know what I was going through she was praying for me too. She also told me that the church doors were usually locked but they have been broken and the maintenance guy was on vacation so they have nor been able to get them fixed. I could not belive what she just said to me,the feelings that I had were un explainable. THAT WAS MY SIGN! I believe in my heart that God had them doors open for me. Our family changed after that we started going to church and meeting new people and things got better. I am not going to say that we don't have our problems everyone does but life is a whole lot better trying to live by Gods word,loving,sharing,praying,telling the truth,no drugs no alcohol just innocent fun, than not having him in it at all. No one will ever be able to tell me there is no God.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:

By love and acceptance I assume you mean that you, an atheist, expect to be able to spew your disgust and hatefulness in the face of Christians, to screech and march all over this land protesting YOUR rights, to not have to be subjected to "one nation under God" and "In God We Trust". You want the courts to stop displaying their Ten Commandments and swearing on the Bible, you want to stop all prayer in public places and you don't want anyone wishing you or anyone else a Merry Christmas. If you see a baby Jesus in front of a church you feel it is your civic duty to remove it. You want it all...to be cruel, and yet be loved and accepted and tolerated. And you call me delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality