Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:14 AM

30,904 posts, read 36,998,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, I couldn't be like god...He's much too judgmental and demanding to the point of obsession...I'm glad I don't believe he exists.
You've confused the difference between what God is really like and how humans interpret what God is like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 12:41 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,251,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
God is a human lie; God is a humanly made-up figure.

So, God is every bit of a lie -- no evidence whatsoever, it depends on who made the lie. Whites say God is a white; Indians say God is a Indian. God worshipers fought over their Gods throughout human history. And they are still doing religion wars, terrorism ...
the evidence is the fully functional universe itself and all the self realized souls who have accheived liberation through God consioussness and devotion-but there is not one single thread of evidence that says He dosent exist-except that its unlikly-mmmm... i think i'll stay on the likly side,thank you

Old 04-18-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, that's good, as it seemed as if you were saying it... and what I am sharing is that in order to become pure and obtain the divine consciousness... we must receive this from our Heavenly Father... we can't just decide one day that we are, all by ourselves, going to become divine, by thinking higher thoughts. We must receive the very substance, or essence, of our Father and this comes about by our soul longings.

And by the way, God has many laws of the universe, and one of them is called the Law of Physical Philosophy... two things cannot occupy the same place at the same time.

This law then refutes the assertion of reincarnation... as there is no such thing... to bring you and others up to speed on that Truth.
well if your saying that God cant occupy more than one space in time then you are putting a limit onto someone who has no limits-

as for the reincarnation thing-well how do you explain why some people are put into a more miserable condition than others-if we took a body in this life and the soul itself is immortal then its very easy to understand that we have been existing in the material plane for a long time....untill we brake free from illusion and material desires and become perfect and devote ourselves to God then we will be eligible for liberation.......and free ourselves from birth and death and return home back to Godhead where we live eternally in full bliss and knowledge

Old 04-18-2010, 01:05 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,564,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
You've confused the difference between what God is really like and how humans interpret what God is like.
And yo have the exact truth of what "god" is really like? From where? The writings of other humans?

Nothing like a circular argument.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:07 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,564,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
the evidence is the fully functional universe itself and all the self realized souls who have accheived liberation through God consioussness and devotion-but there is not one single thread of evidence that says He dosent exist-except that its unlikly-mmmm... i think i'll stay on the likly side,thank you
Justifcations for what you do not know and assumptions do not equate to truth. Likely? Hardly.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:17 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,165,804 times
Quote:
well if your saying that God cant occupy more than one space in time then you are putting a limit onto someone who has no limits-

as for the reincarnation thing-well how do you explain why some people are put into a more miserable condition than others-if we took a body in this life and the soul itself is immortal then its very easy to understand that we have been existing in the material plane for a long time....untill we brake free from illusion and material desires and become perfect and devote ourselves to God then we will be eligible for liberation.......and free ourselves from birth and death and return home back to Godhead where we live eternally in full bliss and knowledge
Well, our Heavenly Father isn't all over the place... He has His own place of habitation... and keep in mind, He's not a person, but He is a soul... His spirit is the active energy of His soul... and that may be what you are referring to.

Quote:
God is Soul, and Soul is God. Not the soul that is in the created man, but the Soul that is Deity and self-existent, without beginning or ending, and Whose Entity is the one great fact in the universe of being. God is without form, but nevertheless, He is of a Form which only the soul perceptions of the soul of a man who has arrived at a certain degree of development, can discern and realize as an entity.

God is of Form, such as to give Him an Entity and Substance and Seat of Habitation, in contradistinction to that God which (in the teachings of some men) is said to be everywhere in this Substance and Entity (in the trees and rocks, in thunder and lightning, in men and beasts, in all created things) and in Whom men are said to live and move and have their being. No, this concept of God is not in accord with the truth, and it is vital to the knowledge and salvation of men, that such conception of God be not entertained or believed in. To believe that God is without form is to believe that He is a mere force or principle or nebulous power and, as some say, the resultant of laws. However, as a fact, God has established these laws for the controlling of His Universe of Creation, and they are expressed and made manifest to men by these very powers and principles that, to some extent, men can comprehend.

Who and What Is God. The True Nature of God the Heavenly Father (http://tinyurl.com/yhm5m2w - broken link)
As far as some people being put in miserable conditions... well, that's men's doing. If they would create conditions that are in harmony with the will of our Father, it wouldn't be this way.

All spirit progression occurs in the spirit world. Once our souls incarnate into the flesh... and to be sure, we all have one, otherwise we wouldn't be chatting on this forum or anywhere else on this earth... our spirit body is created and this is where our soul resides within our physical body. Our spirit body is the exact replica of our physical body and when we cease breathing, our spirit body along with our soul encased therein, move to the spirit world where we either commence our soul development or, in my case and that of people I know who are receiving God's Divine Love, we continue our soul development. Never again will any of us ever be born on this earth in another body... 'cause we already got one. And the Law of Physical Philosophy renders it impossible.

Who told you the soul is immortal? ONLY when our souls become Divine, are we assured of immortality. And only our Father knows what will happen to those souls who choose the natural love path, rather than the path to becoming a Divine Angel.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Well, our Heavenly Father isn't all over the place... He has His own place of habitation... and keep in mind, He's not a person, but He is a soul... His spirit is the active energy of His soul... and that may be what you are referring to.

As far as some people being put in miserable conditions... well, that's men's doing. If they would create conditions that are in harmony with the will of our Father, it wouldn't be this way.

All spirit progression occurs in the spirit world. Once our souls incarnate into the flesh... and to be sure, we all have one, otherwise we wouldn't be chatting on this forum or anywhere else on this earth... our spirit body is created and this is where our soul resides within our physical body. Our spirit body is the exact replica of our physical body and when we cease breathing, our spirit body along with our soul encased therein, move to the spirit world where we either commence our soul development or, in my case and that of people I know who are receiving God's Divine Love, we continue our soul development. Never again will any of us ever be born on this earth in another body... 'cause we already got one. And the Law of Physical Philosophy renders it impossible.

Who told you the soul is immortal? ONLY when our souls become Divine, are we assured of immortality. And only our Father knows what will happen to those souls who choose the natural love path, rather than the path to becoming a Divine Angel.
yep God can be all over the place at once and yet remain in His abode-He has an unlimited amount of forms, names and energy's -you cant put a limit onto God if you do then it is not God you are talkin about

ive had this whole argument with reverend111 on another thread-WEVE ALWAYS EXISTED_ and to be honest the philosophy didnt realy make sense-how can you say a child being born handicaped is mans doing-and if we can learn what we need to learn in the spirit world then what is the point of anyone coming here just to feel pain...

i would like to know how the law of physical philosophy renders it immpossible to reincarnate when in actual fact we are reincarnating even in this life-the soul exist's inside the body -it is not gross material matter but is a spitritual energy-an eternal energy-now heres what i was getting at-this soul is you and the body you have now is a completely different body than the body you had when you were born,and every seven years all the cells in the body will have died and been renewed-but you -the soul-will still be the same-its still you,just a different body.so you didnt just get one body in this life you get a few-

the reason why the soul is immortal -the soul is a tiny particle of God's devine energy-it is what we are and because it is not made of matter but spirit,and the same spiritual energy as God's then it has always existed just as God's energy has always existed-

what name do you call the Father?...

Old 04-19-2010, 04:30 AM

6,959 posts, read 6,891,873 times
SoCalAngel - what you say is no different from the bible thumpers. You say it as if you know but unfortunately, you do not know - you just believe you do. People have to arrive at their own truth and not because you have said it is your truth. I realise that you believe it is the real truth, but what we believe is different for each of us.

There are probably laws that govern the universe and how it works, but unless we understand how the universe works from the smallest particle of energy up to the largest universe, we will not appreciate how it is all put together. Currently there are no orthodox religions that teach these things in detail.

So, please stop telling us how you have been told it is, because we may like to believe something different and you are not bringing the light of understanding to the world, however much you think we need it.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:06 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,165,804 times
Quote:
yep God can be all over the place at once and yet remain in His abode-He has an unlimited amount of forms, names and energy's -you cant put a limit onto God if you do then it is not God you are talkin about

ive had this whole argument with reverend111 on another thread-WEVE ALWAYS EXISTED_ and to be honest the philosophy didnt realy make sense-how can you say a child being born handicaped is mans doing-and if we can learn what we need to learn in the spirit world then what is the point of anyone coming here just to feel pain...

i would like to know how the law of physical philosophy renders it immpossible to reincarnate when in actual fact we are reincarnating even in this life-the soul exist's inside the body -it is not gross material matter but is a spitritual energy-an eternal energy-now heres what i was getting at-this soul is you and the body you have now is a completely different body than the body you had when you were born,and every seven years all the cells in the body will have died and been renewed-but you -the soul-will still be the same-its still you,just a different body.so you didnt just get one body in this life you get a few-

the reason why the soul is immortal -the soul is a tiny particle of God's devine energy-it is what we are and because it is not made of matter but spirit,and the same spiritual energy as God's then it has always existed just as God's energy has always existed-

what name do you call the Father?...
I call my Heavenly Father... Father. And what do you call Him?

God's spiritual energies are out there... but they are distinct from His actual soul form... the highest one being the Holy Spirit... and this is His messenger that brings to our souls His Divine Love.

Our souls are created in the spirit world by our Father before we incarnate into the flesh... so we don't know how long our souls are there before this happens.

The purpose for our being born on this earth is so that our souls will become individualized and get a personality and a spirit form... and while we're here, it's up to us to keep our souls as sin-free as possible. With God's Divine Love... as we receive it, sin is removed... this is why it's a good thing to obtain it while we're still breathing. And sins may also be removed as we go along this life when we seek forgiveness from our Father... but this is a more difficult task as many times material things get in the way.

Our Father knows our souls... and He's not looking at our physical bodies... so you may think it's awful that a person has some physical handicap... but their soul may be free of sin... so in that way, they are better off when their time comes and they're set free of this physical condition.

We are only on this earth a short while... and it's been referred to as our nursery... but this short while determines our first location when we move to the next world... and we can be there a short time or a long time, depending on our thoughts and actions... that's why it's important to know what is the best way to make our transition as smooth as possible and to develop our souls in either the natural love we are born with... or God's Divine Love... the Love that He gives to us freely when we desire the same.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
I call my Heavenly Father... Father. And what do you call Him?

God's spiritual energies are out there... but they are distinct from His actual soul form... the highest one being the Holy Spirit... and this is His messenger that brings to our souls His Divine Love.

Our souls are created in the spirit world by our Father before we incarnate into the flesh... so we don't know how long our souls are there before this happens.

The purpose for our being born on this earth is so that our souls will become individualized and get a personality and a spirit form... and while we're here, it's up to us to keep our souls as sin-free as possible. With God's Divine Love... as we receive it, sin is removed... this is why it's a good thing to obtain it while we're still breathing. And sins may also be removed as we go along this life when we seek forgiveness from our Father... but this is a more difficult task as many times material things get in the way.

Our Father knows our souls... and He's not looking at our physical bodies... so you may think it's awful that a person has some physical handicap... but their soul may be free of sin... so in that way, they are better off when their time comes and they're set free of this physical condition.

We are only on this earth a short while... and it's been referred to as our nursery... but this short while determines our first location when we move to the next world... and we can be there a short time or a long time, depending on our thoughts and actions... that's why it's important to know what is the best way to make our transition as smooth as possible and to develop our souls in either the natural love we are born with... or God's Divine Love... the Love that He gives to us freely when we desire the same.
i dont mean to be disrespectfull here but when people tell me they know about God's plan or how God makes it work or anything about God but does not even know His name-then i become doubtfull of what they realy know-and He has got a name -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality