Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 06:34 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,256,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I see where you're coming from and it looks as if to me that you feel you need to put in a lot of time and effort to get into a higher consciousness and then you connect with our Heavenly Father, who you call God. Well, for me, it doesn't take any effort whatsoever to make a connection... I just look to my left, as if I'm chatting on the phone and I make my daily connection simply by asking my Father silently if He is there... which He always is and He says yes, I'm here and I love you. And this small exercise can be done by everybody. I don't need to spend hours meditating and humming, or anything else, for this connection to occur. When I get a chance, sometimes I'll chat with my Father throughout the day depending on if I have questions about something or other and He always answers me and he always gives me the right answer.

And obviously, I know what His powers are and I'm extremely humbled to be one of the lucky ones to know that His Divine Love is available for all of us and that I am receiving it.
i dont call Him God BTW,i just use that word while i'm on this thread--i can give you many of His names if you like,but sometimes to avoid insults to His holy names i just write the word God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 06:50 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,176,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
well if you beleive that Jesus didnt go to India then you are ignoring facts-because it was documented in many places

also,Jesus birth was predicicted in the Vedas 3000 years before He was born

how do you know that these channelers arent lying to you-after all Hitlers in the celestail plane isnt he,who's spreading that false tale.....hmmm
It doesn't matter if he went there or not... what matters is the message that he has given to all of us and that is to pray for God's Divine Love... simple, easy, direct and to the point.

I have no idea if Hitler is in the Celestial Heavens... where you are getting this, I have no clue. But the fact is this... those people who committed atrocities on this earth have just as much of an opportunity to receive God's Divine Love as anyone else... as long as it is available. But it is more difficult to learn about it for those spirits in Hell... but it is possible and they can get out of their darkened condition. And this is because our Father loves all of us whether we be "saints" or "sinners"... and He is very merciful and forgiving when we go to Him in Love.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
It doesn't matter if he went there or not... what matters is the message that he has given to all of us and that is to pray for God's Divine Love... simple, easy, direct and to the point.

I have no idea if Hitler is in the Celestial Heavens... where you are getting this, I have no clue. But the fact is this... those people who committed atrocities on this earth have just as much of an opportunity to receive God's Divine Love as anyone else... as long as it is available. But it is more difficult to learn about it for those spirits in Hell... but it is possible and they can get out of their darkened condition. And this is because our Father loves all of us whether we be "saints" or "sinners"... and He is very merciful and forgiving when we go to Him in Love.
sorry i must be confusing one of your statements with rev111's-yep i also beleive that someday everyone will go home to God, after all thats where we came from-but everyone will have to face the responsibility of their karma and sin

you know Jesus' teachings are very similar to the mood and thought of the Vaishnavas-so it kind of does matter that He went there,people didnt understand alot of what Jesus had to say,for example-"the kingdom of God is inside you and all around you"-no-one realy had a clue what He ment bye that,maybe a small few-but there is a science behind that,a science explained in the timeless Vedas-it is very possible that Jesus took on a spiritual master while in India-as do most incarnations.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:22 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,043,608 times
Quote:
yep-the path is narrow,in other words it aint that easy-

im just curious why can all these channelers tell you about God's law's but cant tell you His name-next time ask them to reveal His name and see if there allowed to speak it.

as for false beleif's-well,truth has to make sense-not everbody is ready to come home to God and people are living out there desires on this plane which have effects-karma-"you reap what you sow"-Jesus also said-"he who is first in this world will be last in the next,and he who is last will be first"-reincarnation,their is also other hints of that in the bible,and whole books about it were thrown out-there was a reason why Jesus went to India and spent so many years there-India is the origin or religion and just as Jesus came to isreal to teach God's Love many incarnations before and after have come-the only difference with Jesus' teachings is that they have been too much corrupted bye man because of no direct disciplic succession-but alot of the good stuff did get through just not enough to get a full clear picture.

p.s there is no need for me to pray for Devine Love when it exists right there in His name(He's already given it)-and if i chant His name in a prayerfull mood then i can connect with His energy,........Hollowed be thy name,oh yes it is.
These "channelers" as you put it do channel the Laws of God. The name of God is of no importance as the name of someone is not who they are. You are not your name. You are Love and Love has no name. It matters not what we call God as long as we call Him. The very first time I received Divine Love, I called God an awesome dude. Do you think it mattered to Him that I said that. No. I called Him and that is what mettered to Him. His name is Love. His name is Allah. His name is God. His name is Bob. His name is how we portray Him. He is Love to me and He is also Father. He will respond to any name we give Him when we Love Him.

When you get to the spirit world, look me up and tell me why you cannot reincarnate back into the flesh. You will be existant as a spirit/soul in the many mansion worlds there. You will progress and grow in Love in the spirit world.

I am glad that you can connect with His energy. By doing this, you will eventually become at one with Him. Until that time, you will harbor false beliefs as we all do at some point. Until you are fully Divine, you will carry those. No one can see God when they carry sin or false beliefs.

I understand your beliefs to an extent that I know you will make it through those pearly gates. Don't be so hard on yourself and others if we disagree with you on the semantics. They aren't important. What's iomportant is that we get back to our original state and then purify that state to a Divine state. The name of God or Jesus or Moses is not what gets you to heaven. It's doing what Jesus asked of us that does.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
sorry i must be confusing one of your statements with rev111's-yep i also beleive that someday everyone will go home to God, after all thats where we came from-but everyone will have to face the responsibility of their karma and sin

you know Jesus' teachings are very similar to the mood and thought of the Vaishnavas-so it kind of does matter that He went there,people didnt understand alot of what Jesus had to say,for example-"the kingdom of God is inside you and all around you"-no-one realy had a clue what He ment bye that,maybe a small few-but there is a science behind that,a science explained in the timeless Vedas-it is very possible that Jesus took on a spiritual master while in India-as do most incarnations.
I was told about Hitler through a very reliable source. He had a lot of people on earth and in the spirit world that prayed for Him. He chose the narrow way and prayed for Divine Love. I am told it took him 20 years. I have not seen any manuscripts on this but I do trust my source.

Yes, the Kingdom is within and to find that kingdom, we have to put away all beliefs and become as little children. See the world through their eyes, always questioning and talking to God. Let Him lead us instead of books and false teachers. When we let go and let God, we become His true children. We don't need anything but the internal contact with Him.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
These "channelers" as you put it do channel the Laws of God. The name of God is of no importance as the name of someone is not who they are. You are not your name. You are Love and Love has no name. It matters not what we call God as long as we call Him. The very first time I received Divine Love, I called God an awesome dude. Do you think it mattered to Him that I said that. No. I called Him and that is what mettered to Him. His name is Love. His name is Allah. His name is God. His name is Bob. His name is how we portray Him. He is Love to me and He is also Father. He will respond to any name we give Him when we Love Him.

When you get to the spirit world, look me up and tell me why you cannot reincarnate back into the flesh. You will be existant as a spirit/soul in the many mansion worlds there. You will progress and grow in Love in the spirit world.

I am glad that you can connect with His energy. By doing this, you will eventually become at one with Him. Until that time, you will harbor false beliefs as we all do at some point. Until you are fully Divine, you will carry those. No one can see God when they carry sin or false beliefs.

I understand your beliefs to an extent that I know you will make it through those pearly gates. Don't be so hard on yourself and others if we disagree with you on the semantics. They aren't important. What's iomportant is that we get back to our original state and then purify that state to a Divine state. The name of God or Jesus or Moses is not what gets you to heaven. It's doing what Jesus asked of us that does.
because God is omnipotent - there is no difference from Him and His name-just as His form is non different than Him-we are different from our body's and names but He is not-infact evberything about Him is Him-His names- forms- pastimes- paraphanelia-energys-

so what did Jesus mean when He said hollowed be thy name-well theres alot about Jesus we dont know,and IMO Jesus will always remain a mystery

Last edited by dobeable; 04-20-2010 at 12:16 PM..

Old 04-20-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
I was told about Hitler through a very reliable source. He had a lot of people on earth and in the spirit world that prayed for Him. He chose the narrow way and prayed for Divine Love. I am told it took him 20 years. I have not seen any manuscripts on this but I do trust my source.

Yes, the Kingdom is within and to find that kingdom, we have to put away all beliefs and become as little children. See the world through their eyes, always questioning and talking to God. Let Him lead us instead of books and false teachers. When we let go and let God, we become His true children. We don't need anything but the internal contact with Him.
no disrespect or anything but who do you want me to be led bye-these spirits that your talking to-em not for me thanks-you see i trust the Gita-the Gita was handed down bye Krishna Himself to Arjuna then through a disciplic succession all the way up to this present age.this is practical knowledge not theoretical.

when you say thing's like "God cant leave His abode ever or the universe will fall apart"-then i realize that its not me harbouring false beleifs- because God can be understood through logic as well as the heart-theres no limits...thats why i dont think i should let these spirits do the work for me but i should seek myself and find-and i have found something solid-but if it suits you then no-problem-but who's to say they are speaking or receiving the full truth,that is only opinion

just as a question-do you beleive God can have many forms?

Old 04-20-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
no disrespect or anything but who do you want me to be led bye-these spirits that your talking to-em not for me thanks-you see i trust the Gita-the Gita was handed down bye Krishna Himself to Arjuna then through a disciplic succession all the way up to this present age.this is practical knowledge not theoretical.

when you say thing's like "God cant leave His abode ever or the universe will fall apart"-then i realize that its not me harbouring false beleifs- because God can be understood through logic as well as the heart-theres no limits...thats why i dont think i should let these spirits do the work for me but i should seek myself and find-and i have found something solid-but if it suits you then no-problem-but who's to say they are speaking or receiving the full truth,that is only opinion

just as a question-do you beleive God can have many forms?
Hold on. You are saying things that I did not mean nor say.

The bible was handed down just as your Gita was handed down. All those who write down the "wisdoms" of God are in fact channelers. God will use any "channel" that can share His truths. What happens is that the human mind can get in the way. The same with your Krishna. He was inspired to write truths and they had to go through his mind as well. All things from the spirit world have to go through the mind of man or they don't get heard. In the spirit world, we talk soul to soul and no words are needed. Jesus, and I'm sure your Krishna if he acquired the substance of God as Jesus did, could talk directly to God. I'm not saying what I know to be true is the ultimate truth. I'm saying only Divine Love is ultimate truth as that is the substance of God. When we acquire that Love, we become like Him and can convey higher truths better than those who do not have this Love.

God cannot leave His place in Heaven. His attributes are everywhare but not Him. We see His attributes in His creation, His children, His universe but God cannot be everywhere.

God only has one form and that is being Light. We can become the personification of Him and show His attributes and in that way, God can be everywhere. No, I do not believe He has many forms in the sense of what He looks like. He is soul and personality. He is Light and He is Love. Those things have no form, only light.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:24 PM

God has no name. And as the Bible described in its picturesque way, God created all things by pronouncing them, by “sounding” them. All things created have names, but He, who never was created, has no name, He could not have a name. So, He expressed to Moses the very nature of His existence: He simply WAS, IS, and always WILL BE.

«All this folderol about the "name" of God is a tempest in a teapot. The Hebrew word for "name" is SHEM and is an ancient root from Akkadian and Ugaritic for "sound." and "to hear" as is the morning prayer "shema". It is also the root for the "heavens" and the cosmos because God CREATED all things with the SOUND of his voice. Just as a child did not come into existence, even after birth, until the father held him/her to the heavens and SOUNDED the name, the act of naming is the act of creation. Everything with a name was created. God was not created, He is the CreaTOR. God does not have a NAME and never did. Why do you think he shuffled his feet, hemmed and hawed and hedged about when Moses asked his name and all he said was "I am what I am" and "Will be what I will be?? [written by Jack Kilmon]"»

Old 04-20-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
God has no name. And as the Bible described in its picturesque way, God created all things by pronouncing them, by “sounding” them. All things created have names, but He, who never was created, has no name, He could not have a name. So, He expressed to Moses the very nature of His existence: He simply WAS, IS, and always WILL BE.

«All this folderol about the "name" of God is a tempest in a teapot. The Hebrew word for "name" is SHEM and is an ancient root from Akkadian and Ugaritic for "sound." and "to hear" as is the morning prayer "shema". It is also the root for the "heavens" and the cosmos because God CREATED all things with the SOUND of his voice. Just as a child did not come into existence, even after birth, until the father held him/her to the heavens and SOUNDED the name, the act of naming is the act of creation. Everything with a name was created. God was not created, He is the CreaTOR. God does not have a NAME and never did. Why do you think he shuffled his feet, hemmed and hawed and hedged about when Moses asked his name and all he said was "I am what I am" and "Will be what I will be?? [written by Jack Kilmon]"»
the Vedas also state that everything was created through sound-through His utterance the universe was created-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality