Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:54 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,042,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I heartily believe that there is much cobblers being generated by channels - whether they call themselves Jesus or not. There are many people called Jesus in that time period and just because someone calls themselves by that name does not make them the person who you think it is. The very fact that they call themselves Jesus, should make you wonder whether you have a clear and pure connection.

I have a sneaking feeling that the person you know as Jesus would not get on the end of a communications line like that. Partly because it gives the medium some 'implied' status and importance, and partly because it gives the belief system to which the medium belongs some extra 'credibility' and I just do not think the being would do that.
Actually, Jesus came to the world (in this generation) to correct those things that have misled people to believe that He had to die for their sins and that through Love, Divine Love, we could all become as He was while on earth. Even greater. Religionists have twisted the true message that Jesus of Nazareth presented to the world 2000 years ago. To Love God and each other. Period. Nothing else is required while we live on earth. Nothing. He even took that one step further and explained that Divine Love is the essence of God and when a person asks for this love with hinesty and sincerety, they, too, could become like God and not remain in His image.

It really doesn't mattter what one calls his or herself while being channeled from the spirit world as long as Love is the message be it Divine or natural. When the messages speak loving thoughts and ideas through a medium, you can bet it's a pretty good message even if the messages are not entirely alike. love is the key when looking at a message.

The Divine Love church in which SoCal and I belong to is based on Divine Love and Jesus of Nazareth, the real Jesus, is the author and brought the Truth to light in the early 1900's. Since then, there have definately been other channelers of Jesus and some say He channels as Christ Michael. I believe they are the same as the messages are the same. If they were two different people, the messages would be different.

Quote:
Basically, what I read here is that all of you are beating each other over the head with your beliefs and arguing for them without any proof at all, other that what it says in the particular holy book that you follow or believe.

If any God did create the world/universe/galaxy/everything, then this being is not going to care what belief system each of the beings he created believes in.
The only proof anyone can offer is to themselves. We should never have to prove anything to anyone when it comes to our own spirituality because that is personal. If anyone disagrees without considering anothers then they probably either are to conformed to their belief or it works for them at this time in their own journey and what they find to be true is because of their own soul and the condition it's in.

Humans will always have the tendancies to argue until our souls have been purified by either our natural love or Divine Love.

Quote:
You are all being hoodwinked into belief systems that 'divides' rather than 'joins' each of us together in a common goal. Stand back from your religion and look at it logically. Would a God you want to follow set man against man? No, I think you will agree that he would not. Sometimes I think that when we subscribe to a religion, we lose our common sense.
Actually, our beliefs are meant to join but because of our own journeys, we tend to disagree because one may find the need for more information and one may feel the need that what they have is enough.

In my own journey, I want to know as much as I can from whatever beliefs because I know that each belief system has Truth. All agree on Love.

Quote:
If the way to all these different 'heavens' is to follow the rule book, then at least they should all say the same thing, and be giving the same message. If they are not we need to ask why. If they are, then any religion is good enough, as long as we do the right things for each other.
Yes, all religions lead to God. It's our own conditioning of one religion that can and does lead to the stagnation of the soul progress if we tend to not be open to interpretation.

In my own belief, I believe in God and I believe in Love. Anything else is just extra and if I dwell on the extras, I find no room for the Love. I like the love a whole lot better! It matters not to me if one religion says theirs is better as I would like to see the religion of Love, whether it be Divine or natural, come out on top. All religions lead to Love in some form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 10:54 AM

64,121 posts, read 40,439,537 times
Quote:
I heartily believe that there is much cobblers being generated by channels - whether they call themselves Jesus or not. There are many people called Jesus in that time period and just because someone calls themselves by that name does not make them the person who you think it is. The very fact that they call themselves Jesus, should make you wonder whether you have a clear and pure connection.

I have a sneaking feeling that the person you know as Jesus would not get on the end of a communications line like that. Partly because it gives the medium some 'implied' status and importance, and partly because it gives the belief system to which the medium belongs some extra 'credibility' and I just do not think the being would do that.
There is definitely danger in relying on such "communication." There is no possibility of verbal communication . . . so it is all non-verbal. There are also billions of prior consciousnesses out there producing "transients" . . . even in deep meditative states . . . that are not remotely consistent with our loving God. The use of the love message as filter and the unambiguous example of Christ as the standard does provide some testing by "fruits" . . . but it is a hazardous enterprise . . . not to be encouraged or relied upon.

God is within . . . do not seek Him outside. I reject all external "transients" out of hand. The inner guide is unmistakably unconditional love and acceptance with no other "frills." Divination and all manner of external mysticism is far too dangerous. There is no way to know which of the billions of prior consciousnesses you are in contact with, IMO. The one that resides within is the only sure thing . . . PROVIDED that you have obtained the conscious control sufficient to filter out your OWN subconscious (a source of significant error and confusion). If you have not attained this level of mastery . . . avoid any such channelling or . . . whatever else. Just "love God and each other" . . . everything else will work itself out.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:06 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,240,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, I couldn't be like god...He's much too judgmental and demanding to the point of obsession...I'm glad I don't believe he exists.

Isn't your statement Judgmental, and condeming?
Aren't you being too demanding on your Ideals of what God should be to you?...And in your denial and your judgment of him....doesn;t that make you a hypocrite?...for you seem to hate, what you then say does not exist...And so who is obsessed with their bent views?

You are like God...in oh so many of your own views...

I like to think that truth is part of God...and with truth nothing can hide it, or change it for very long...because truth has to be...and it will eventually become known to all who seek the truth.

That is what Jesus was saying about the light and the candle...one does not hide the truth, or denie the truth..when the truth is known!

So to say God is Judgmental and demanding and being obsessed, is Your own confession of God....and then to say You are glad he doesn't exist?...welll that is where you become the liar to your own self....and to others.

We all Judge...we all condem what we do not like...we all have our own opinions...and we all sin.

Should we be punished if what we do causes harm to the whole Earth?

I say yes we should be punished if punishment corrects error?...I think that is a truth of punishment...for error should not rule us...truth should!
Error makes negitive energy...and suffering...and woe..

Truth makes sound foundations that last forever!
for there has to be truth for this universe to be what it once was, is, and is going to be!...nothing you say to the contray will change that destiny!...you can try, but you will fail for the forces of truth outweigh the force of errors...humans continually do make the same mistakes because they are stupid and stuborn and mindless!..even after the punishiment for their Sins are showing sign....and so it continues as punishment...and I think we all know why...

Now About LOVE...What is Punishment?
What is Love without Punishment?...but futility...for why would one reward someone who is doing Evil continually?
Love does not conquer this Evil by way of Love and rewards...for it would only incurrage more of the same behavior!
As I know no one wants to be punished...and so...God has to judge, and make known what is truth, and what are lies, what is commendable, and what is abourant!
and the punishment is for the sins and evils that are done to the contrary...of God's word and will...which Jesus made known...

So...draw those lines straight in the sand...and make wisdom and truth be part of the Love which is made divine only through Punishment, and purification.

Last edited by Sir Les; 05-04-2010 at 07:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality