Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 10:03 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
By chance, is your boyfriend Juventas who started another thread?

I thought Juventas was a Football Club .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 12:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,012 times
Looking for a place that will accept me my newborn and my fiance, he has a class d non violent sex crime, we are looking in the Springfield mo, area any help would be much appreciated.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:17 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaniyahsmommy View Post
Looking for a place that will accept me my newborn and my fiance, he has a class d non violent sex crime, we are looking in the Springfield mo, area any help would be much appreciated.
No help, but I will give you some advice.

Felons bring a lot of difficulty into their own lives when they commit a felony. That's their choice to make their own life more difficult.

If you partner up with a felon, you get to share all that difficulty caused by the felony. That's your choice to bring that difficulty into your own life.

Few landlords are going to accept you, so you have to just keep looking and applying until someone accepts you. Because it costs money to apply, you might ask about the sex crime conviction before you apply. That way if they won't accept you, you haven't wasted your application money.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:58 PM

1 posts, read 904 times
I just came across this . My son is experiencing this situation. He was a college student and was in the car with friends who had drugs. He has since graduated and working but because of the situation he is unable to get an apartment. I don't think it is fair to hold someone liable for their past faults. He has since graduated with his Bachelors and is a productive citizen of society. I just think it is wrong.

Old 09-07-2017, 05:45 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmama View Post
I am doing a paper on renting apartments to people who has a criminal record. I am doing a poll on do you think its right to discriminate those who has done their time. Their working hard everyday on a job but can't get an apartment beccause they have a felony record. Please give me your opinion on this topic.
I simply don't because I don't want to bring that type of character in my neighborhood or my property. Granted it would be subject to type and timeline. i work hard at work also. So do many others. There are plenty of good tenants without felony convictions

Old 09-08-2017, 12:47 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother under stress View Post
........ I don't think it is fair to hold someone liable for their past faults. He has since graduated with his Bachelors and is a productive citizen of society. I just think it is wrong.
Stand up for what is right! You start the movement. You buy a nice apartment building and rent all the apartments to people with felony convictions. You rent to the people with drug convictions because they hang out with druggie friends. It is the right thing to do! It is the fair thing to do!

You can set a good example for all of the rest of us.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:58 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,239,267 times
Quote:
I just came across this . My son is experiencing this situation. He was a college student and was in the car with friends who had drugs. He has since graduated and working but because of the situation he is unable to get an apartment. I don't think it is fair to hold someone liable for their past faults. He has since graduated with his Bachelors and is a productive citizen of society. I just think it is wrong.
Should we allow Bernie Madoff out of prison and managing money again?

Drugs, violent crimes, and property damage are the big three convictions that I auto deny for. End of the day tenants are just strangers to me and if they were convicted of illegal activity that almost always brings huge amounts of property damage, google tenant grow house that stuff is no joke, I've got to take that risk into account.

Old 09-08-2017, 05:45 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Well when you invest hundreds of thousands of your own money in rentals you can rent to whomever you wish.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:40 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,732,691 times
I rented to a felon who was an excellent tenant.

His then GF called me about an advertised vacancy and was upfront about her BF's assault conviction. They had met and wanted to domicile together but were being rejected by everyone so they were talking to private LL's. He was now 26 but was 21 at the time of the crime.

I met them at the house and told them they could have the place if everything checked out. His credit was great, he had a very stable job and a squeaky clean court record since the offense. They stayed for 2 years until they got married and bought their own place. They were excellent tenants. They could have stayed as long as they'd wanted to.

When they left he gave me a heartfelt thanks, and it felt cool to help this young couple start a life together.

Old 10-21-2017, 02:12 AM

1 posts, read 706 times
Hello, my name is tiffany vang and I am looking for any landlord that will take me in I do have a felony drug charge and its besn four years now I been clean and what changed me is having my two beautful babies.im glad god gave e gift . If anyone can help me emailme [email]vang.t1ffanie@gmail.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting