Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2008, 10:11 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times

Advertisements

When tenants continue making loud noise, no matter what time of day it is......they ARE rude, inconsiderate and non-caring people. No matter how it looks, this is just plain FACT!! They know people live above, below and/to the sides of them in other apartments and just plainly don't care!! Heck, I would love to sit back, have a beer/chips and watch/listen to a good Classic Rock Music DVD and possibly have it turned up to feel like I was at a concert in the front row......BUT, I don't and won't. I have respect for others that live around me in apartments.
Throughout this Thread, I have read postings from numerous people who have had problems with/complained about loud music and partying, dogs barking, kids yelling, people stomping their feet, people running, etc., etc. in apartments. There is a REAL difference between "normal" noise and noise that is disturbing others weither it is during the day or at night. Consideration and respect is all we are asking our neighbors above us (2nd and 3rd floor) for and we are getting "flipped off" (not physically, but mentally) for asking for this. Is that reasonable???

Old 06-06-2008, 10:20 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
When tenants continue making loud noise, no matter what time of day it is......they ARE rude, inconsiderate and non-caring people. No matter how it looks, this is just plain FACT!! They know people live above, below and/to the sides of them in other apartments and just plainly don't care!! Heck, I would love to sit back, have a beer/chips and watch/listen to a good Classic Rock Music DVD and possibly have it turned up to feel like I was at a concert in the front row......BUT, I don't and won't. I have respect for others that live around me in apartments.
Throughout this Thread, I have read postings from numerous people who have had problems with/complained about loud music and partying, dogs barking, kids yelling, people stomping their feet, people running, etc., etc. in apartments. There is a REAL difference between "normal" noise and noise that is disturbing others weither it is during the day or at night. Consideration and respect is all we are asking our neighbors above us (2nd and 3rd floor) for and we are getting "flipped off" (not physically, but mentally) for asking for this. Is that reasonable???
ok you lost me...you are on the first floor..there are 3 floors??
How is someone on the 3rd floor bothering you?? I would think the 2nd floor tenant would be hearing noise from the 3rd floor, there should be no way yif you are on the 1st floor that you can hear the tenants on the 3rd floor walking around

Old 06-06-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
1st bold....maybe you should give it a try...if they complain just say you are drowning out the noise from their children

that is what you call life..living breathing people

Old 06-06-2008, 10:36 AM

Before the mother and 18 month old moved in above us, we heard a lot of "thudding noise" on our ceiling one day. We knew that no one had moved in on the 2nd floor (right above us) and it turned out to be two kids on the 3rd floor. They don't live there, but were visiting their dad who was gone at the time we went upstairs to talk to them. The kids wouldn't answer the door, but standing right in front of their closed door (before we knocked) we could hear the kids jumping off of ? and running across the floor. YES we could hear this noise on our ceiling in our bottom apartment. Yesterday, those same two kids were in the apartment and I could hear them wrestling, running and jumping around. I knew it was them b/c I seen the mother and her 18 month old leave in a vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
ok you lost me...you are on the first floor..there are 3 floors??
How is someone on the 3rd floor bothering you?? I would think the 2nd floor tenant would be hearing noise from the 3rd floor, there should be no way yif you are on the 1st floor that you can hear the tenants on the 3rd floor walking around

Old 06-06-2008, 10:42 AM

Naw, why should I be like them??? "Life......living/breathing people don't have to be this loud......they just don't care. How else would anyone explain the reasoning behind all of the "racket"?????? In apartments, people know there are other people living close to them......some just don't care how much noise they make and they make it look like they are doing nothing wrong and the people who complain are the bad guys......BULL!!!

Quote:
1st bold....maybe you should give it a try...if they complain just say you are drowning out the noise from their children

that is what you call life..living breathing people

Old 06-06-2008, 11:02 AM

Well best of Luck to you Loveboating...
Sounds like you either need to be way out in the boondocks with no neighbors around or second bet a seniors only complex.....hopefully you don't have many months left on your lease

Old 06-06-2008, 12:52 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Hey Loveboating..You wouldnt mind me as an upstairs neighbor. I blast music on headphones, use a cycle for exercise (silent) and keep my Tv at coversation level, never walk around in shoes inside...Way under 65 age group too.

NJKATE - just because YOU dont care about that kinda crap doesnt mean no one else has the right to or is being difficult. MANY other people of ALL ages hate that crap and shouldnt have to run and hide out in the boondocks to find a sense of peace when all it takes from a neighbor is acting like they are a neighbor in an apartment and not a neighbor in a house. You pushing the fact that someone else is wrong because you dont agree with them and treating them like they are over the top is rude any way you slice it. I bet you are/were one of the obnoxious neighbors that people complain about.

I think people with children or that are loud should be the ones that have to look for the structure that can handle the noise if anything. Not the other way around.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:57 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Hey Loveboating..You wouldnt mind me as an upstairs neighbor. I blast music on headphones, use a cycle for exercise (silent) and keep my Tv at coversation level, never walk around in shoes inside...Way under 65 age group too.

NJKATE - just because YOU dont care about that kinda crap doesnt mean no one else has the right to or is being difficult. MANY other people of ALL ages hate that crap and shouldnt have to run and hide out in the boondocks to find a sense of peace when all it takes from a neighbor is acting like they are a neighbor in an apartment and not a neighbor in a house. You pushing the fact that someone else is wrong because you dont agree with them and treating them like they are over the top is rude any way you slice it. I bet you are/were one of the obnoxious neighbors that people complain about.

I think people with children or that are loud should be the ones that have to look for the structure that can handle the noise if anything. Not the other way around.
Wanna come live above my apartment?

Jill

Old 06-06-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post

your comments make it sound as if you don't like kids...I can understand your feelings but kids aren't going anywhere besides I think you may have been one at one time in your life people need to live you know!! To not make any noise in an apt you would virtually need to come home , remove your shoes and stay planted in one spot. I've already said the kicking of the wall should be addressed.
Believe I am NO fan of unruly bratty kids but one palying in their apartment during the day well quite frankly it is what it is..maybe loveboating can request a different apt but he/she will have to have management verify the noise is so unbearable

Sorry but if you are on the first floor the noise you are hearing from the 3rd floor should not be happening unless the walls are made of cardboard

Go through the thread..I am not the only one thinking this way

I live in a house not an apt..thet doesn't mean i never have to deal with NOISE from neighbors...

Finally I wasn't even posting to you and I wished loveboating the best of luck and was not rude to him/her..stated it was jmo, so why don't you just back off of me

Last edited by njkate; 06-06-2008 at 01:18 PM..

Old 06-06-2008, 01:40 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,236 times
Quote:
your comments make it sound as if you don't like kids...I can understand your feelings but kids aren't going anywhere besides I think you may have been one at one time in your life people need to live you know!! To not make any noise in an apt you would virtually need to come home , remove your shoes and stay planted in one spot.

You can like kids and HATE the noise they make (which is largely controlable). I think it is wise to remove your shoes when you come home and live above others. You are saying it like it is an impossibility. Just because the op and the rest of us have been kids before, doesn't mean we were unruly and incapable of using our indoor voices and participating in appropriate indoor activites. You make it sound like kids and parents are just gonna be loud and inconsiderate and it is beyond their control. Nothing could be further than the truth. It does require that you live your life aware of others around you.

If your downstairs neighbors who don't have kids decided that they pay rent so they are going to have all night orgies, play bass thumping music, are you going to just chalk it up to their right to live how they want regardless of how if affect others? These are all legal activites afterall and they DO pay rent.

Simple respect for others. That is ALL anyone is asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.