Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 10:33 PM

30 posts, read 63,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Breaking the Lease....lose our deposit and have "breaking the Lease" go on our Credit Report and Personal/Apartment Report that Management here keeps on each occupied apartment as a Reference to give out. I don't think so!!!!
Like some jobs, a person has to put up with some things have have STRESS involved in it. The noise doesn't go on all the time, but when it does happen, it can be/is loud. Of course, if I turn the A/C on, it dissolves some of the noise at the time, but can't have the A/C on all of the time.
Yes, they are that ANNOYING above us, but what really "ticks me off" is that they know they are being that way......like some other posters have stated about their situations.......neighbors in apartments who just don't give a crap about others living around them.
If you signed the lease and the lease says in its rules that no loud disturbances and they make loud disturbances and you taken all the steps to correct it (be sure to get police reports) 1 copy for you the other copy sent certified return receipt requested. The Apartment Breached their contract as a result the contract is null and void. You promised to pay for renting a apartment under those conditions stated in the contract. They are in breach. Write another certified letter stating to the landlord and the property owner that the issues were not resolved they are in breach of contract and that you are breaking your lease as a result and any adverse action will end up in a lawsuit filed in JP court X (X being their precinct) I bet they would not dare fight it they might but it would be stupid on their part. Just as added insurance buy a video camcorder with time and date stamp capability and record the loud noise or disturbance you cannot have to much evidence. Good Luck!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Does the apartment belong to a much bigger entity? IF so, go higher up on the ranks. Do you have a video camera? Tape record the noises, etc. Then file a civil lawsuit against the apartment complex and the neighbors. It shouldn't cost you but $100 in court fees. I bet that will help stop the noises.
If you are low income, or disabled be sure to file for an affidavit of inability to pay court costs. You then can file for FREE!!!

Old 06-16-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
I once rented on a bottom floor after always having lived on a top floor. I used to cringe when the pople would only rock their chair. It wasn't that the fllor was even thin. It's just that way w/ being on the bottom floor. My next apt. when I had my stero going it wasn't even lod but the bass sound could be heard thumping downstairs and the neighbor came knocking during the day and was bothered. It happens and I was annoyed but understood since I had rented. I don't deal w/ that anymore but I do understand and I am very sorry that this is how apt's go.
then I would turn the bass down or off and run it on treble. I have a sound system and I use my headphones (pioneer quad qx-949a) early 70s with 4 speaker headphones yes they actually made those. They are not wireless and they don't exist anymore. The headphones look like the ones you wear at the gun ranges, and have 2 speakers on the left and 2 speakers on the right. SQ Full Logic is better than Dolby Pro Logic hands down especially listening to FM radio. But I can't have them in my ears 24/7 but I am considerate enough when I use (rarely) my 4 speakers that I go outside and make sure I cannot hear what is playing. The only time I cranked it up was when I was fighting fire with fire, and when the maintenance people were chipping away rotting wood (didn't want to hear the hammer and nails) when that stopped, I stopped.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:35 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,351 times
Its 2:33 AM and I cannot sleep because the a hats upstairs are having a gay old time. Screaming at the top of their lungs, blasting music as loud as humanly possible, and jumping up and down shaking my place.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:28 AM

294 posts, read 1,086,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will210 View Post
If you signed the lease and the lease says in its rules that no loud disturbances and they make loud disturbances and you taken all the steps to correct it (be sure to get police reports) 1 copy for you the other copy sent certified return receipt requested. The Apartment Breached their contract as a result the contract is null and void. You promised to pay for renting a apartment under those conditions stated in the contract. They are in breach. Write another certified letter stating to the landlord and the property owner that the issues were not resolved they are in breach of contract and that you are breaking your lease as a result and any adverse action will end up in a lawsuit filed in JP court X (X being their precinct) I bet they would not dare fight it they might but it would be stupid on their part. Just as added insurance buy a video camcorder with time and date stamp capability and record the loud noise or disturbance you cannot have to much evidence. Good Luck!
Your a law student right? let me guess 2nd year? before you give legal advice please wait until you are board certified, you obviously have not studied enough of the required elements to make proper council, therefore should not be giving any advice without a disclaimer or you will be the one being sued.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:10 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,343,835 times
The first thing young renters buy when they move into an apartment is a new home theater with a reverberating subwoffer. Don't these idiots know that people can hear their movie throughout the whole building?

Old 06-23-2008, 12:55 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,632,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
The first thing young renters buy when they move into an apartment is a new home theater with a reverberating subwoffer. Don't these idiots know that people can hear their movie throughout the whole building?

Thanks for the broad and over-generalized stereotype about people. Clearly everyone born from 1979 to 1990 is just like this.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:54 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,007,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post

They know, they just don't care.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:55 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,007,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Thanks for the broad and over-generalized stereotype about people. Clearly everyone born from 1979 to 1990 is just like this.
I don't think that was a stereotype.
I myself fall in that age bracket, and even I don't want to live next to people around my age.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:35 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
LOL...me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting