Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 02:45 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,492,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
Curmudgeon: Wow, that must have been a huge surprise. If this is something that makes you happy, I am SO glad for you!! So there are three more months to go on her lease?

Remember to be good to yourself. Sometimes these gifts are wonderful for us. I hope this one is for you.
Thank you. The lease should be up the end of December. As for the rest, time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 03:43 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,585,544 times
Another way of looking at it is that your wife will be paying her 6 month lease thru December, but it doesn't matter whether she is actually living in the unit or not.

If both of you want her back in your Ozarks place much sooner than the end of December, she could return now or next week or in a few weeks or in Nov......she doesn't need to remain in the California apt until the end of December just because she is paying for it.

Perhaps, though, she wants take this opportunity to spend even more time with her close-by family members while she does have the apt.

Old 10-07-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Another way of looking at it is that your wife will be paying her 6 month lease thru December, but it doesn't matter whether she is actually living in the unit or not.

If both of you want her back in your Ozarks place much sooner than the end of December, she could return now or next week or in a few weeks or in Nov......she doesn't need to remain in the California apt until the end of December just because she is paying for it.

Perhaps, though, she wants take this opportunity to spend even more time with her close-by family members while she does have the apt.
That's her plan. She finally met her great grandson and wants to spend more time with him and her granddaughter as well as her youngest daughter who's living with her.

Old 10-07-2015, 04:37 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,978,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Three months ago my wife left me and moved 2,000 miles away, back to where her family is.. Three days ago I posted about being alone and getting used to it. Last night my wife called in tears and said she wants to come back home. I was gobsmacked. It was the last thing I expected. When I asked she said that everything was fine where she is but she misses me terribly. I asked her to sleep on it, as did I. This morning I called and asked her if she still wished to return to or home and she was adamant that she did. We discussed the logistics of another move and changes we each were both going to make so when her six month apartment lease is up I'll fly back then drive her home.

Well, I've always maintained that life really is what happens when you've made other plans.
It's none of my business, but it seems like according to some other posts there were real problems there? I hope those will be addressed before the move back, as the last thing any of us want to do when getting back with a spouse or partner is continue the same old patterns, which can lead to some doubly unhappy times. If she's willing to work with you on the problems and not be in denial, that's a great thing.

Old 10-07-2015, 04:45 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,585,544 times
Wasn't one of the problems having COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and still continuing to smoke?

None of my business either, and you do not have to answer!

Old 10-07-2015, 05:38 PM

7,049 posts, read 6,302,333 times
She could be looking back & seeing how well he took care of her & be willing to do whatever she needs to change/do to go back home. Nothing is impossible.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:46 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,116,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
She could be looking back & seeing how well he took care of her & be willing to do whatever she needs to change/do to go back home. Nothing is impossible.
I agree. Only Curmudgeon knows deep inside what she is made of.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. My only worry for Curm is she comes back to him, and then with the passage of time, decides she wants to go back.

Curm, not that any of this is my business and you certainly don't have to answer, but what was the reason she left again?

Old 10-07-2015, 05:47 PM

2,020 posts, read 3,197,503 times
I agree with RiverBird, but, as Meo said, hopefully the experience of being apart promotes and facilitates needed changes.

My very best wishes to you, Curmudgeon. You are a good man.

PS -- I just saw NYgal's post now. Agree also.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:36 PM

134 posts, read 158,499 times
None of my business either, but from posts, I bet she found out fast how well Curm took care of her, and a daughter with children is B U S Y. Hope she fully appreciates you when she comes back, Curm, and best of luck!

Old 10-07-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
It's none of my business, but it seems like according to some other posts there were real problems there? I hope those will be addressed before the move back, as the last thing any of us want to do when getting back with a spouse or partner is continue the same old patterns, which can lead to some doubly unhappy times. If she's willing to work with you on the problems and not be in denial, that's a great thing.
We've been talking about them and will do a lot more between now and January

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Wasn't one of the problems having COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and still continuing to smoke?

None of my business either, and you do not have to answer!
We both have it. Mines more advanced but no oxygen. I quit two years ago. Hers is considerably more mild and her turn is next. All in good time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement