Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this something that you would be interested in?
Yes, it sounds intriguing to me!!! 20 37.04%
No, not something I would like 16 29.63%
I'm not SINGLE, so I shouldn't VOTE:-0 3 5.56%
I want to BANKROLL your entire project! Where do I sign up? 5 9.26%
I'm sorry, I just thought you were giving away REPS here;-0 3 5.56%
What was the question again??? I think I've been on this forum too long:-0 7 12.96%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2008, 04:46 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,147,796 times

Advertisements

We could have a community organic garden. We could have a doggie day care place, we could have our own web site. I, for one, am not interested in the eastern U.S. I do understand that some people love that area, but give the west or southwest for me.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:32 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,217 posts, read 6,798,068 times
Thumbs up Hmmmmmmmm?????? Silicon Valley Money!!!!!

Can you show some leg Wisteria ????? Another person who gets where I'm going with this ! And YES, you do have the right Piggy's Market . It's been ages since I was there, but I believe long long ago, those were summer beach cottages that were turned into little businesses and my FAV of all time was Piggy's Market !!! Is it still there and called by that name?

So can you see a little of my vision to have those types of businesses in OUR singles community so that persons like myself, could continue to make money no matter which way our Government and / or Health Insurance goes ?

p.s.
Wisteria, can you PLEASE stop by Marianne's and pick me up a Peanut Butter ice cream cone ??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I think this also needs to be in the Silicon Valley area threads! That's where so many startups come from!

We need SEEEEDDDD money! Seed money to grow things -- like this community! Although I know there are already co-housing places in existence....is yours going to be cheaper!???

I love the idea of cottages. I think that is charming. I adore cottages. No big McMansions for me. What about pooling money, along with seed money, and maybe those modular cottage thingies?? I think the hotel idea is good, too. This is now becoming our "think tank!"

And also a space to do small businesses. I like the idea of a business cooperative that is profit-making! I am sure there are many creative women out there who could benefit from working with other creative women! Make a community, and also make a fortune!

By the way -- I love Roloff's! I love that show and family. They are so down-to-earth. And I don't know about Piggy's -- I think I know where you mean, though, that little section of buildings that almost looks like a community, but is little shops and all in the redwoods, off Soquel Frontage Road, near the Aptos shopping center??? Is that right? I know someone who opened a holistic health center there recently. Small world.

Those are my thoughts for the moment. This is a great link-up place, and with a little effort and positive thinking (along with more bucks), this could be a great reality!! Thanks, HDL!!!
EXACTLY what I'm thinking too Plantlover !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantlover View Post
We could have a community organic garden. We could have a doggie day care place, we could have our own web site. I, for one, am not interested in the eastern U.S. I do understand that some people love that area, but give the west or southwest for me.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:58 PM

522 posts, read 1,431,532 times
Default with a cherry on top!

There ya go, HDL, for all your hard work!

Old 03-29-2008, 09:56 PM

Unhappy I wanted a WAFFLE cone :-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly View Post

There ya go, HDL, for all your hard work!
HEY, that's NOT Peanut Butter ice cream from Marianne's !!!! IFFIN you're trying to BUTTER me up , please get my sugar pleasures correct !!!

<geez some peeps think I fool easily , but I REALLY donut >

Old 03-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 19 days ago)

8,826 posts, read 21,323,758 times
I love the Roloff farm, too. Do you notice , though, that is Portland & on the show , you never see that endless icy rain that they have there for so many months of the year . What's up with that?
Little cottages sound so tempting. Anywhere , really.

We could all join in and try to win the Mega-milion lottery. Imagine the field day the press would have if we won.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-30-2008, 04:22 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,147,796 times
I was thinking of the lottery bit too. I bet they film outdoor segments for the Roloffs whenever the days are sunny and save them for later shows.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 19 days ago)

8,826 posts, read 21,323,758 times
But, because they do have nine months of rain, it would be nice to see some. I just love that family, though. The mom especially. What a great gal.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-30-2008, 04:55 PM

Red face Sorry to disappoint you NICE ladies, but.....

if I WIN the lottery (and Wisteria tells me that she thinks I will ), then all bets are off !!!! I'll be buying myself an island in the South Pacific (or Bahamas) and I don't know how much EXTRA room I'll have !!!!

<SEE , you all should have been much nicer 2 me !!!>

Old 03-30-2008, 05:00 PM

Question I've pondered that question MANY times myself Nancy;-0

Maybe they have a Micro Climate there that gets less precipatation ????!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I love the Roloff farm, too. Do you notice , though, that is Portland & on the show , you never see that endless icy rain that they have there for so many months of the year . What's up with that?
Little cottages sound so tempting. Anywhere , really.

We could all join in and try to win the Mega-milion lottery. Imagine the field day the press would have if we won.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:55 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,291,356 times
Locate it somewhere near the coast in Oregon, Washington or Northern California and I am so there! Great concept! Don't know Roloff's Farm or Piggy's Market, but a green rural-type area, cottages with wraparound porches, gardens. doggies, a pool, art gallery,walking/bicycling paths and small, homegrown businesses in a mild climate---hey, sign me up!

Anybody know of a place similar to this that already exists (and doesn't cost an arm and a leg)? I have a visual picture right now. Very cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement